• Published 24th Nov 2011
  • 3,287 Views, 43 Comments

A Broken Bloom - Cinnamon Clover



Now unable to walk after a crusade gone wrong, Apple Bloom must adjust to her new life.

  • ...
7
 43
 3,287

Bearer of Bad News

Chapter 2: The Bearer of Bad News

At this point all of her friends had joined them in the hospital room. Though she still felt very sore, she refused to show it in front of her friends. They could see the pain in her eyes though. It was hard for any of them to see her in such pain. It appeared as though she did not remember what happened. It was confirmed when she mustered up the strength to talk.

"What...what happened?" she asked quietly and nervously.

Her friends gave each other nervous looks upon how to answer this question. Her two closest friends then spoke up, eyes red from tears.

"We tried BASE jumping and-and...-" Sweetie Belle started in between sobs.

"-your parachute didn't open." Scootaloo finished, crying too.

Everypony in the room was crying at this point because they knew the worst of the news was coming up.

"Apple Bloom... there's something else you need to know. The doctor said you ain't never gonna walk again." her sister told her through her tears.

At that news Apple Bloom broke down into tears, not that anyone could blame her. Her friends and family comforted her to the best of their abilities. They all stayed with her till visiting hours were over at which point only AJ was allowed to stay with her sister.


Later That Night

"It's my fault!" hollered an angry Scootaloo. Not angry at Apple Bloom, no angry at herself for suggesting something so dangerous that it could get her friends hurt.