• Published 24th Feb 2016
  • 1,007 Views, 8 Comments

New World, New Mystery - Shadow Hero



When the heros of SMD fail to defeat the Dark Matter, Arceus makes the last-second decision to send his Pokémon to a new world, where they'll hopefully be safe. Draining the Tree of Life of the last of its power, he sent them off.

  • ...
5
 8
 1,007

Chapter 3- The basic's

Vanhoover-The Mare's House

"Ahh... that hit the spot." Abyssal said.

"I'm glad you liked it. Now for dessert." the mare said as she walked into the kitchen.

Hunter was looking at the window and Star was playing with the foal.

"What's wrong? Is it about Melody?" Abyssal asked.

"Yeah. This is the longest time we've been apart in years."

"I see. I heard it's hard when you are far away from your marefriend, or in this case, girlfriend." Abyssal said.

"What!? No, she is not my girlfriend; we're just teammates. That's it.." Hunter said right before letting out a big sigh. "But she does have a crush on me. That I know."

"I see and you don't feel the same way at all?"

"I don't know, really. I never fell in love before." Hunter said as he continued looking out the window.

"Mhm. Yeah, been there." Abyssal said as he leaned back on his chair.

"You have?"

"Years ago. Around the time I got my cutie mark." Abyssal said as he pointed it out; it was a silver sword in back of a Gold-rimmed Shield . "My parents are part of the royal guard—mom is part of the Solar guard and dad is part of the Lunar guard, so sometimes they left me with a foal-sitter. But sometimes they didn't find one in time. So Princess Celestia looked after me for a bit and.."

"Don't tell me you fell for the Princess." Hunter said with a teasing smile.

"What no, it was her personal student. I can't really remember her name but she had a beautiful fiery mane. Anyway, one day the Princess was looking after me and she was nowhere to be seen. I asked the Princess where she went." Abyssal let out a sigh. "She told me she left and did not want to study under her anymore... The Princess looked sad when she told me."

"So you didn't get any closer. Mom said it's good to get closer." Star said as she landed on the table.

"Your mom is wise then. I did try to go find her, but I know she was just a foalhood crush."

"Hope you left some room. My apple pies are the best.. Well not the best best, that title goes to the Apple clan." The mare said as she walked in with a pie.

Right before they dug in, there was a knock at the door. "I'll go get it." The foal said as he rushed and open the door.

"Btzz. I would like to talk to Team Frozen Thunder. Btzzz." Magnezone said.

"Yes?" Hunter questioned as he and Abyssal walked to the door.

"Btzzz. The city will lend you the warehouse and pay you for any catches you make. Btzz."

"But there's a catch right?" Abyssal asked.

"Btzz. There is. You need to make a done payment of 1500 Bits. Btzz."

"What?!" Abyssal yelled.

"Btzz. I got it down a bit for you.. By the way, here's the reward in catching the Dustox Brothers. Btzz." Magnezone held up a sac of Bits.

"Wow. This the right amount." Abyssal said as he looked in the bag.

"Btzz. Every first of the month you must pay a small fee. But as long as you do your work, it should be fine. Btzz."

"The pies.. Oh, officer, do you want any apple pie?" the mare asked.

"Btzz. No thanks. Here is the address. Btzz." Magnezone said as he handed over a piece of paper.


After they ate the pie, they walked towards the address. Inside, the warehouse was a little broken down. Upstairs was a small room with two beds.

"This seems cozy." Star said as she landed on one of the beds.

"It'll do, I guess." Hunter said as he laid down on the other bed.

"Where am I going to sleep?" Abyssal said as he walked in to the room.

"Here. I'll make a small nest somewhere close by." Star said as she flew out the window.

"Ahh... Hunter, do you think that's a good idea for her to do that?" Abyssal asked as he laid down on the now unoccupied bed. Hunter, however, was fast asleep. "Hunter!" he yelled.

"I'm up! Where's the fire?" Hunter said as he woke up.

"Star said she would make a nest closeby."

"Oh. If she feels that she can do it, more power to her then." Hunter said before a yawn escaped. "Now, let me get some sleep it's been a very long day."

"I guess." Abyssal said as he too drifted off to sleep.


The next day around noon, the group walked into Skyla's shop. "Hello is anyone here?" Star yelled.

"Yes, and you don't need to yell." Skyla said grouchily as she walked to the front.

"Is it working?" Hunter asked immediately.

"Yes. Me and my new friend here worked on it all night." Skyla said as a shiny Golet walked up.

"Thanks. Let's see where she is." Hunter said as he took the Connection orb and tablet and booted it up. "What the-"

"Why is half the map clouded up?" Abyssal asked.

"I don't know... Oh, wait, that's why." Hunter said.

"What?" Star asked from atop Abyssal's head.

"This thing is connected to the guide in Lively Town: the main town for Explorer teams."

"Maybe it's getting its info from Canterlot, seeing as it's one of the places lit up." Abyssal suggested.

"Maybe... What's that over there? ...I think Melody is over there, see?" Hunter said as he pointed out a flashing dot.

"That seems to be around the Crystal Empire. Maybe Manetreal or Neighagra Falls." Abyssal deduced.

"No, definitely the Crystal Empire." Skyla said as she looked over Hunter's shoulder.

"I guess we're heading there then." Star said.

"Yeah, but we need to take care of some jobs before we go. Y'know, to earn some Bits?" Abyssal said.

"Fine. Let's go see if there are any rogue Pokemon we can go after." Hunter said unexcitedly as he rushed out of the shop.

"Thank you, Skyla. See you around." Abyssal said as he ran after Hunter.

"If you need anything looked at, I'm your Griffon!" Skyla yelled after them, hoping to draw in a crowd.

Author's Note:

This is the first Chapter to be proof read, yes I know that is wired but thats how it is.
I am still looking for side missons to do, and there is a Pokemon Pelipper that delivers the missions to the bulletin board.

Any comment good or bad is appreciated:twilightsmile: