• Published 1st Mar 2016
  • 616 Views, 42 Comments

Dreams Really Do Come True! - Dyno8man



Reece has a dream to turn into a pony. But not just any old dream. A powerful one that just happens to bring itself to existence. But wishes aren't without it's...consequences.

  • ...
7
 42
 616

Chapter 2: Be careful what you wish for.

11:55 P.M.
Friday

Alright, so here’s a little reminder as to what happened last time: I use up all of my Wish Coupons for the sole purpose of that one dream, and I went to sleep, only after laying there, looking up at my ceiling for a good 45 minutes, or so.

And what had been a great dream, with me lying peacefully in my bed, slowly turned dark, and scary, as all the downsides of doing this to myself all collapse upon me into the worst nightmare I have ever had.

There was a dark smog all around me, engulfing me as I try to see through it. What I did manage to see were people. People shouting, pointing at me. Some laughing, some crying, and some angry beyond compare. I saw some familiar faces there, including my friends’ faces, such as Jacky. And then, I saw my mom, and my dad.

My mom was sobbing, down on her knees, her hands covering her face, and my dad was looking at me, scowling, pointing at a door that had just appeared suddenly, that oddly looked like the front door to my house.

As I gazed upon the door that leads to the outside, I noticed it slowly started to…shrink, as if it were going farther, and farther away from me, as I stumble towards the door, moving slowly, in fear as I constantly trip. I’m sure you’ve had at least one nightmare like that before, right? Eventually, I returned my gaze back to my parents, only there was something different this time.

My mom seemed to be arguing with my dad, pushing and shoving him out of the way. I can slightly make out that she was still crying, but was upset at dad, but why? I then look at my dad, only to see that he was holding a rifle in his arm. Before I knew it, he pointed the gun at me…
And I woke up with a gasp, and a quick scream saying “No!”

Panting in fear, sweat trickling down my face, I rub my eyes slightly, and take a look at my clock. It stated that it was 11:58 PM. I tried to acknowledge the 4 numbers on the digital screen, as I try to gather my thoughts as to what I should do. As soon as my mind settled, the clock turned to 11:59 PM. One minute until my wish came true.

I smiled slightly at first, but then, my eyes widened, bigger than ever before, as I start trembling in fear, remembering what had happened in the realistic nightmare that was ever so politely given to me in my slumber.

In a hurry, I scuffled out of bed, scrambling, trying to find the nearest object which I could write with, such as a pen or a pencil. I did find a pencil, and immediately, I pick up my pillow, lifting up the left side of the pillow, making it fold over to the right side. I glance at the baron sheets of my bed, as I did not see the 20 wish cards.

I started hyperventilating at the thought, but then I notice that my wish coupons were in the bottom layer of my pillow sheet, devilishly snuggling with my pillow. I take them in a rush, and plop them down on my desk, which I normally use for homework. I start to erase the exclamation point ending the request, and as soon as I put the tip of my pencil to the sheet of paper to write an additional detail…*tick*
I take another look at my alarm clock. 12 o’clock. Midnight.

A second afterward, I jump at the sound of our grandfather clock, as it tells me that it is now midnight, and asking me why I am still awake. Get it? Since it’s a “Grandfather” clock? ...Bad pun, I know.

As I hear its nightmare-inducing noise, I noticed that the cards I was holding simply weren’t there. They had vanished.

(Please note that these next few paragraphs I will explain contain the transformation process, so if you are uninterested with all that junk, feel free to skip over it.)

Over the grandfather clocks tolling, on its 2nd time, it tolls once every 5 seconds or so, I hear the sounds of a clattering pencil, as I drop it, making it land on the desk.

I then feel a tingly feeling on the sides of my head. I reach my hands back to feel what was going on, and when my hands had touched, it felt…pointy. It turns out that my ears were pointed, and becoming fuzzy, and slowly moving up to the top of my head.

At that same moment, I feel something tickle my shoulders, and I put my hands on my shoulders, only to run them through my rapidly growing hair, now an orange and yellow color instead of its usual brown, a second later.

The tingly feelings continued throughout my head, and I got to the point where I just have to see what is going on. So, I turn on one of my lamps, and I take a gander at what was causing it.

I had fur! I had a light orange fur growing all over my head! It was short, and soft, just how I had always dreamt it would be. Then, a few seconds later, it feels like something was pinching my nose and mouth, as they push outwards to become a pony muzzle. Also, my eyes grew bigger to match the style of the cartoon ponies.

My head had nearly looked completely like a pony! I was too busy paying close attention to my head as it changed that I hadn’t realized that the fur had spread down my sides, and down to my elbows.

Almost immediately after I noticed that, I felt my nightshirt get tighter, and tighter. I looked in the mirror again, and I saw two new appendages bulging out from the back of my shirt. I reached back to touch them, assuming they were wings, when I suddenly couldn’t reach that far back anymore.

I looked at my arms, as they deformed, starting to match a pony’s forelegs. Shortly afterwards, I started losing feeling in my fingers. When I looked, I stared at my hands in pure astonishment, as my fingers slowly disappeared, and I said goodbye to my friends known as Lefty and Righty. I had hooves instead of hands now, with the new light orange fur, almost being a beige color, growing over them.
I think to myself “What the buck?! How does this work?!”

Wait…did I just say…buck? Forgetting what I had just said, I brought my focus back to myself.

The fur slowly crept its way down to the bottom half of my slowly changing body. By then, our grandfather clock was on its 8th toll. I figured I’d have to take my pants off too, as I felt a pinch come from my lower back. Flinching from the sudden pain, I managed to get my pants off, which wasn’t easy with hooves. I saw a tail. A tail, slowly growing outwards, the same color as my mane…

HAIR! Dang it! Now I’m even starting to think like a pony! Huh, I guess I didn’t think that part through, did I?

I shook my head in pure shock. Just, all of what was happening just felt really…strange. I mean, not much of it hurt, except for the tail, and muzzle, and my legs that were now morphing to match a pony’s hind legs. It just felt weird…

As I was standing, I all of a sudden lost balance, and start swaying forward, then back, then forward again, then eventually falling back onto my bed, all while I took a glance at my legs. I slowly waved goodbye as the 10 little piggies resting on my footies said farewell, and left, leaving me with two…hooves in place of my feet, which had miraculously disappeared.

With the final toll of our grandfather clock, stopping on its 12th time, the time was now 12:01 AM, and I had completely become…a pony.

Until Chapter 3…