• Published 1st Mar 2016
  • 615 Views, 42 Comments

Dreams Really Do Come True! - Dyno8man



Reece has a dream to turn into a pony. But not just any old dream. A powerful one that just happens to bring itself to existence. But wishes aren't without it's...consequences.

  • ...
7
 42
 615

Chapter 10: Back to normal...?

Saturday
9:00 PM

10 minutes had passed since I had to…tinkle, and frankly, I was starting to get a bit tired. I’m sure that most others, if not everyone else there, probably get tired at about midnight, which should be the time that I change back into a human. To be honest, I was kinda glad, but also kinda sad. Glad because I got to be a human again, and have my human legs and hands returned to me in all its glory, but sad because I didn’t get to be a pony, and keep warm and fly and such. I really didn’t know what to think. I mean, I suppose I don’t have to feel bad about it. After all, this will only happen 119 more times, heh.

I went up to Krystal again, who was sitting at the table, to ask her a question. “Hey, Krystal?” I start off with. “I forgot, where is the guest room, or where am I sleeping? I’m ready to hit the hay.” I asked her, rephrasing the question to make it more understandable, and laughing at the pun I had made. Krystal also laughed at it, and answered my question. “I knew you’d ask that eventually.” She said, sounding like a freaking time traveler.

Doctor Who, anyone?

“You did? Huh, odd. Anyway, where might I be sleeping?” I continued.

“Over here.” She said, getting up, and signaling me over to her.

What she had led me to was a room, fully equipped with a mattress laid down on the floor, with a cup of water beside it. Good thing she remembered that I can hold cups with my wings. “This is why you haven’t seen me much.” Krystal explained to me. Come to think of it, she has been kinda invisible during parts of the night. I hadn’t even realized that she wasn’t there. I knew she liked me, like really like me, but I didn’t think she’d do something like this for me. She assembled an entire room just for me. This goes to show how kind, caring, and considerate she is of others, especially me. Sometimes, like now, I’m really glad to have her as a friend.

“This is…amazing.” I said in awe. It wasn’t much, I admit – actually, it was barely anything at all. Just a spare guest room with a mattress and a cup of water was the only thing in there. I’m sure the room is usually empty, though. “How can I ever repay you for this?” I ask her, feeling guilty that I can’t give her anything else in return. “Well, you could start by not paying me back.” She giggled. I tilted my head in confusion.

“But wait, then shouldn’t I…” I thought about it really hard, then got a headache. “Yeah, just don’t think about it.” She warned me. “Too late.” I replied. We both laughed at that for a while, before she left. “Make yourself at home in there.” She called back to me. I made my way further into the room, looking around, and getting a feel for my surroundings. I notice that there is a fan in there, so thank god for that. I walk over to the switch, and turn it on. The light attached to the fan turns on, but the fan doesn’t.

“Darn…” I muttered to myself. I guess that there wouldn’t be any AC in here…that was until I saw two switches dangling from the fan. There was one switch for the fan control, and one for the light. The ceiling was about 12 ft. high, so I decide to fly up to the fan, and I reach for one of the switches. I get stopped by the fact that I have no fingers to grab it. I really need to get used to that.

A thought then came to my mind, and it seemed like the only way to do it. I had to grab it with my mouth. I shivered at the thought of how many germs must be on those switches, but seeing that it was the only way, it had to be done. So, I grabbed one of the switches with my mouth, making sure to have it not touch my tongue, and only my teeth. I just hoped that I had grabbed the right switch. When I pulled down on it, luckily, the light didn’t go out, and the fan turned on, already on high. I let go of it, and I whisper “Yes!” to myself, while doing a fist-pump…or would that be called a hoof-pump?

Just then, Krystal had walked back in. “Hey, Reece, are you sure you don’t want something else to eat before you go to b-“ She stopped, looking at me in awe. I look at her nonchalantly. “Surprised?” I ask her, certainly surprised that she didn’t expect this, despite her knowing I could fly. “Well, kinda, but…argh, that’s just so cool!” She cheered.

Then, Jacky appeared on the scene, being his usual eavesdrop-y self. “Hey, what’s so co-“ He asked Krystal, before he looked over at me, with the same expression on his face as on Krystal’s, but more drastic. I could tell that he was fumbling for the right words to say, but none matched what he wanted to say. “So cool, right?” I ask him.

Sans the Skeleton, anybody?

“Damn right, that cool!” He shouted back at me, watching in absolute astonishment. Okay, I think that’s enough for now. I’m making a scene. I stop flapping, and fell onto the mattress. “Ta daa!” I say playfully, bowing however the ponies bow in the show.

“That was certainly…awesome.” Krystal said, still in astonishment. “Do you think we’ll be able to see that again tomorrow?” She asked me.

“Umm…probably not. I’m not sure if I’ll be like this tomorrow or not.” I replied back. “But if you are?” Jacky asked me.

“But I’m not…” I told him.

“But if you are?” He repeated.

Peeved, I gave up. “Then fine. I will show you again.”

“Alright, sweet!” Jacky exclaimed excitedly, before heading back to the others. I look over at Krystal, and an awkward mood fills the atmosphere. “Soo…you can leave now. I kinda want to get to sleep now.” I say nonchalantly. “Oh, right! Sorry.” She said apologetically, before leaving the room.

I was finally by my lonesome…again. It was about time I got some sleep anyway. I flew up, and pulled the light switch with my mouth, turning off the light. I slowly flew back down, landed safely on the mattress, and laid down on it. There wasn’t a blanket, which kinda disappointed me, seeing that I sleep better with a blanket, but since I’m covered in fur, being cold shouldn’t really bother me. Not that it did before.

It, surprisingly, didn’t take very long for me to get to sleep this time. I was pretty tired. I did have a pretty rough day. It was kinda stressful, fun, and tiring, what with running around with Nattie, which is what I call my sister sometimes, on my back, and learning how to fly and the like. I deserved a break. I earned it. Finally, I got to sleep at a reasonable hour…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, March 1
8:00 AM

When I woke up, I didn’t wake up completely. I was still very groggy. I had to sit up because it had felt like my arm was numb. I couldn’t move my hand, nor arm, but mainly my hand. (Author’s Note: That actually has happened to me on some occasions.) Upon sitting up, I felt a sharp pain go along my back, which certainly woke me up. When I leaned over, the pain subsided after a while. I felt around the area that I sat on with my numb hand, and what I felt wasn’t what I had expected to feel. It was a tail. It was my tail, and my numb hand wasn’t even numb…nor was it a hand. I look at it in front of my face, and it was the damned hoof. I put two and two together, and I could have sworn my heart skipped a beat.

I was still a pony! How in the world was I still a pony?! The wish coupons I used were very specific. It said that I wanted to be like this for one day once every month for 10 years. The day was over, and I should have turned back. Why didn’t I turn back?!

Then, a thought came to my mind that caused my heart to sink. I remember erasing the ending mark of the sentence, and never getting a chance to actually finish it, so whatever happened to the wish coupons; whoever took them, whoever that person, whether they be real or not, may be, must have misunderstood what I was asking for, and just made me like this…for good. I felt like crying, and I tried my best to hold them back, but the urge was too strong. Eventually, I burst into tears, silently of course.

When I raised a hoof to wipe a tear from my face, it felt…somewhat smoother than what I had remembered. Then again, it felt like there was a lot more movement in it…more than usual. Then, a thought came to my mind. I opened my teary eyes, and looked at my hoof. It wasn’t a hoof, but a hand. My hand! It was back! But how?

I suppose that when I thought about wiping a tear, my hoof must have turned into a hand so that I was able to wipe the tear. Another thought came to my mind. I brought up my other hoof, and focused hard on it. Slowly, in about the course of 7 seconds, I watched as my hoof became my other hand, losing the fur as well. It was unbelievable! It was…a miracle.

It was unreal.

I looked at my hind legs. I focused on them, and they morphed back into my normal human legs! I focused hard on every part of my body, especially my crotch area. Eventually, I was my normal, human self. No fur, no hooves, no wings, all human. Oh, how I missed me! I hugged myself in pure joy.

Then, one more thought came to mind. I looked at my back, closed my eyes, and focused on two areas. I felt some tingling going on back there. When I opened my eyes, the wings were there! I could not at all believe what I was seeing. I had shapeshifting powers! I could switch back and forth between being a human, and being a pony. I could even change certain parts of my body so that it’d have certain aspects of my pony body. It. Was. Amazing!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:47 AM

By this time, everybody was awake. By then, I made sure there were no signs of poniness on my body. I even checked the mirror to make sure I got everything. I touched certain parts of my body to make sure I was all human, and all male. Sure enough, I was.

Krystal’s parents were kind enough to make breakfast for everyone earlier. I, of course, took part in it. The reactions I got from everyone when they saw me were priceless, I can tell you that!

Eventually, everybody started leaving when their parents showed up. I was the last to leave, staying behind about 5 minutes after Jacky left. That’s when my parents showed up. When they saw me, I could have sworn I heard my mom cry. I went up to them, and hugged them. They hugged me back harder than I hugged them. It felt…good.

We said our goodbyes to Krystal and her family, along with many thank-you’s, and left in the car. My sister reached over to my head, and pet it. I looked over at her. “Hey, Nat.” I said, calling her by the one name she hates. “Yeah?” She said, surprisingly, not fazed by the name call. “Don’t touch me.” I said jokingly, laughing afterwards, with both mom and Natalie joining in. Finally, things were back to normal.

I wish I had made that wish sooner.

The end.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for making this story possible! Without any of you, none of this would be. Thank you! :pinkiehappy: