• Published 13th Feb 2016
  • 368 Views, 9 Comments

The Drakon - Azrael the alicorn



Is time for the people of Equestria to find out what the power of darkness is...

  • ...
 9
 368

08: Plans, Chats And Intruders


Starlight Glimmer teleported back in her temporary hideout: the old castle of the royal sisters. “DAMN IT!” she shouted while stomping on the ground. She was furious. Part of it because of how that arrogant dragon had mocked her. But that was nothing compared how much anger she felt for herself. She shouldn’t had to meet with Noir without having been sure that he would accept her offer. Instead she went on and reveal herself and her intentions like a damn idiot, which now had put her whole plan in jeopardy and there was nothing that she could do to fix it! Trying to regain her composure the unicorn took some deep breaths, after all which minds works when under stress? Once she managed to calm down, she started to point out the situation.
While Noir rejected her offer he had also pointed out that he didn’t care about it, having his own plan in motion plus him don’t seeing her as a threat meant that probably as long as she kept her distance from him then maybe, just maybe, her plan would still work. Sure, it wasn’t 100% that Noir would keep his word about not talk with Twilight about their meeting, but it was the best she had right now. She would bide her time, keep following and studying the schedules of the Elements of Harmony and Noir and, when the time would be right she would strike. Nodding to herself she went to take a nap to relax her nerves.

***
“So that’s what those six have done to make her so angry” commented Noir, while chomping one of the four cupcakes that he bought by a bakery shop. The two owners looked quite scared by his presence and he had to convince them before getting that snacks. After that he had move over the edge of Ponyville where he could enjoy that food…and search a bit more about Starlight Glimmer past. Not-Diamond Tiara was pissed because the Mane 6 went in her village and find out about her brainwashing the ponies into her creed of equality and stealing the flanks sign . Once they find out about she tried to do the same with them but the group managed to start a revolution, forcing her to flee.
“So, apparently if it wasn’t for that stupid map in that awful looking palace Starlight would have kept doing her works without any problems at all. And Celestia, the one who is supposed to look after this country, didn’t even knew about it?”. The dark dragon was just dumbstruck of how useless that princess was. Yuvon, the dragon king back in his world, would have used his agents to check out all the corners of the lands, seas and even skies of my planet and would have find out about Starlight in one day at worst.
“Maybe when Luna will accept to learn about the power of darkness I’ll do better to point out this. The last thing I want is for her to get incredibly powerful and then just sit on her butt the whole day” commented Noir at Ezio. The bird cawed some times in disinterest before turning back his attention to the crumbs of the cupcakes.
The Avatar of Darkness thoughts went back at Starlight Glimmer and her creed. While he didn’t agreed on some part of it (Especially the part about brainwash and steal) he couldn’t help but agree that Equality is indeed something amiss in this lands. From what he had saw in this visions there was way too much thought about what the flank sign meant, making ponies following a path without giving much other choice. For not mention about a certain sun flank use it to force a certain unicorn to turn into an alicorn without waiting for an answer.
Now that Noir saw all of that he had to admit that a tiny, itsy bitsy part of him felt bad for mocking Starlight. Maybe he could have managed to convince her to change her ways to spread the message that would make ponies think more for themselves than to listen what their flank sign told them about it. But then wouldn’t he interfere with the story in this world, a bad habit of his that caused problems in the balance. He got distracted by a familiar voice.

“A penny for your thoughts, if their worthy it”.

“Nice to meet you too, Discord”.

The Draconequus had appeared five feet away from him and had snatched one of his cupcakes.

“Make yourself at home” commented ironically the Avatar of Darkness, ignoring how the spirit of chaos had token one of his snacks.

“Funny, I didn’t knew that dragons like you could eat cupcakes. Other than Twilight assistant, Spike. Most of the times they feed on gems”.

“In my home world dragons have much better tastes than the ones here”. And, added Noir in his mind, they are on another level.

“Interesting. But let’s digress. I’ve went meeting the Mane 6. They told me of your rant towards their way to spread friendship and the whole “map” thing”.

“And what do you think about it?”.

“I agree with you. Although I think that you could have avoided the whole menacing part”.

“Hey, unless they will try to brainwash someone they don’t have to worry about it. And speaking of it there is one question I wanted to ask you”.

“Go on” said Discord while throwing the cupcake down in his throat.

“You are the spirit of Disharmony, right? Then how is it that your friend with them?”.

“Well at first I was one of their most infamous enemy, but then one day Celestia decided that my magic could be useful and so she made them free me and reformed me”.

“Just like that?”.

“Yeah I know, is weird even for my standards that sudden change of mind of hers”.

“I don’t think is so weird at all” replied Noir, grimacing, “I simply think that sun flank wanted to have another important piece for her chess table; having both Harmony and Chaos under her rule of sure made her sleep well at night”. At those words the Draconequus went silent as the words of the Avatar of Darkness sink in his mind. He had never thought about it too much since he got out from his prison, enjoying so much his newfound freedom to think the reason behind such choice. “Or maybe” added suddenly Noir with a sly smirk, “Celestia has some sort of crush on you”.

“Ah-ah, very funny” said Discord with the most not-funny voice he could muster.

“Jokes aside, how does it feel to have been… reformed” asked the dragon, trying to make the word sound too much insulting.

“Is hard to explain” commented Discord, “One part of me enjoys having some friends rather than being alone. Yet I can’t help but feeling nostalgic when I was free to make the most dire of pranks on this world. Also I’ve noticed how my powers and even my intelligence have grown weak in the latest months. I’ve got infected by some worm thing and fooled by someone who clearly wanted to use me to start to finish”.

“Is no surprise why you’re getting weaker. Your element is chaos, not harmony. You should talk with those ponies and make a deal with them which would allow you to play all the pranks that you want as long as you will fix them. That should be enough”.

“Do you think they will accept it? Celestia too?” asked Discord, a bit hesitant.

“Hey, if they really want to prove me wrong on their morals this is the least that they should do. If they wouldn’t that would prove how weak their creed is”.

Discord nodded. Noir was right. Maybe a good part of the Elements of Harmony would be doubtful of him going back to his old ways for a day, but he knew that Fluttershy would have been on his side.

“With that said, what do you think if we go check out if those Mane 6 have finally recovered from my rant?”.

“Right behind you” said Discord.

Ezio cawed annoyed at the idea to leave behind the rest of the crumbs, but obeyed as he flew on his usual spot on the wings of the dragon.
Few minutes after they odd duo (or trio, if you count Ezio) got inside the castle while the sun was starting to get low. There, where Noir had last left them, stood the Bearers of Harmony. Those ponies looked much more strong willed than the last time he spoke with them.
“Seems like they do” commented Discord.

“Nice to see you have stopped cry over yourself” said Noir.

“Yes, we have been talking for a while about what you said” said Twilight Sparkle, “And, for how much rough your words sounded, you’re right” admitted the princess, “And we want to show you that we don’t force our ideal on other ponies not just because you threatened us” added Rainbow Dash.

“Although it is a fairly good point” added Pinkie Pie.

“But because this is what we are!” concluded the whole group (minus Fluttershy) at unison with positive voice as she and the other smiled satisfied. Probably they were expecting some sort of compliment for the speech. Noir instead just looked at them with a neutral expression.

“So?” asked the dark dragon, “What are you waiting for? An applause?”.

“We thought that you would be happy to hear that” pointed out Fluttershy, disappointed.

“I’m sure glad that you are not moping anymore. But I will wait to show you any kind of praise for when you will actually show me through actions and not words. Got it?”. The group simply nodded, knowing that the dragon had a good point, “Good. Now I’m off to find a nice place where to spend the night”.

“Don’t you want to stay here? There is a room for guests” proposed Twilight.

“No thanks” replied Noir, the simple thought to spend any more time inside this excuse of a palace made him cringe, “I prefer sleep in the open”.

“Are you sure? If you want you could stay with us. I’m sure we may find a place where you can stay in our homes” asked Rarity.

At least they act as their element should be thought the dragon, “I appreciate the offer, but I don’t think any of you would feel comfortable with having the Avatar of Darkness and a annoying raven whom has a bad habit to lose a lot of feathers”.

“Caw!” said Ezio, angry at Noir comment.

“Fine, then we shall see tomorrow… right? I have some questions for you” said Twilight, looking at the dragon with pleading eyes.

“Possibly. I have to spend time while Luna take her choice” he said before turning to Discord, “Hope your conversation will go well”. With that said he teleported away.

“What conversation?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Well… there is something I need to ask you” started the Draconequus.

***
Far away from the planet itself and reality itself stood a certain Pale Alicorn. Death hold an orange dragon by his neck using it’s magic while keeping his gigantic scythe ready to strike. Such dragon looked very beat-up “So, what have we learned today?” asked the Grim Reaper with both sarcasm and menace.

“That I should stick as far as possible from this part of the multi-verse” managed to utter the Charizard.

“Or else?”.

“Or else you’re going to beat me up again”.
“Wrong” replied Death, bringing the orange dragon few thumbs away from his mask, “Now listen and listen carefully because I want you to spread this message to all the others of your kind: this part of the multi-verse is off limits. I have been more patient that I should’ve been with you Displaced and your habit to mess around with the Balance only because such Balance has grown to adapt to your travels. But if any of you even dare to think to come over her and mess things up I will not limit myself to just defeat you. I’m going to KILL YOU and send you back in your own dimension in a COFFIN. Got it?”.

Any other living thing would have simply nodded in fear before such threat. But the Charizard was a bit too much stubborn to get that. “Yes… and I think is not fair! There have already been tons of interference in the multi-verse by non-Displaced, why get so much mad at us?”.

“Because you are much more chaotic than a good portion of those beings. But there will be the time in which they too shall answer to their intrusion. But this doesn’t regards you. Now. LEAVE”. With that said he throw the Charizard to the “ground”. This one got slowly up while massaging his neck, sent a glare to the grim reaper and then disappeared in a portal.
“Displaced” muttered Death, exasperated. He had already dealt with them since his return. From what he had gathered they were humans who died and got, for a reason or another, brought back by some low level entity in a new body. Recently he had dealt with a lot of them; sometime they were reasonable and he could solve the issue without a fight, but there were times in which the Displaced would be either too stupid or evil or both to understand when some fight must not be started. Their power level varied from weak to sort of powerful, although it were never enough to give problem to the pale alicorn. He could only hope that with his speech with that Charizard he would have not to worry about them anymore. But Death didn’t count on it. Annoyed, he felt that another Celestia had activated a magic mirror-portal. Groaning in frustration Death went to solve the problem. In days like this he wished he had a break.

Author's Note:

No, there won't be a Discord X Celestia pair in this story. In fact there will be no romance at all.
Second point, I don't mind the Displaced stories. Their funny and intriguing, although hard to follow.