• Published 13th Feb 2016
  • 368 Views, 9 Comments

The Drakon - Azrael the alicorn



Is time for the people of Equestria to find out what the power of darkness is...

  • ...
 9
 368

02: Battling The Sun

Noir wasn’t that big of a fan of using his shape shifting abilities. Sure, it was fun to deceive his potential adversaries making them believe to be dealing with a common creature just for then turn into a big scary dragon and admire their expression of fear. But he still preferred to not hide behind a disguise and face the problem directly. Still, Discord was right (heck, even Ezio agreed with him, that stupid bird), if he went to Celestia in his true form that would cause a lot of problems and a possible clash with the ruler of Equestria. Not that he would lose against her, heck not, but getting in a fight with the sister of the one being he had to talk about it would have not helped his cause. So he turned into a pony (An unicorn, because an alicorn would be A) to much noticeable and B) alicorns are way too much overrated in his not so humble opinion), hiding at his best his powers and teleported to Canterlot.
He was completely unmoved by the look of the place. That city paled compared to the capital of the dragons in his world, both in size and for the way the buildings looked. And then there were the citizens. It was no surprise for him to see Pegasus and unicorns because, after all they existed in his home world too. What truly gave him an hard time to hold his laugh was seeing those smaller version of horses wearing clothes as if that would make them look rich and elegant, while for the dark dragon it just made them look silly. Another glaring difference was the fact that each of those ponies had some sort of tattoo on their flanks. Cutie Mark, they were called, but Noir preferred the name flanks sign. With those thoughts he walked through the city reached the palace of the royal sisters, asked kindly for having a meeting and, at last there he was, in front of the sovereign of that land.
She looked at him with suspicion so he tried to calm her with a smile while presenting himself, which only succeeded to make her shiver. Gee, this princess is wimp thought Noir.

“So, Noir, what can I do for you?” asked the alicorn, trying to regain her composure.

“You? Nothing” was the reply of the dragon in disguise, trying to muster the respect he had for her, which it wasn’t much if not nothing at all, “The one who I’m looking for is Princess Luna. Is she here?”.

Celestia ignored the lack of respect that this mysterious unicorn had given to her kind offer, “She is not here at the moment. And I don’t know when she will come back. At least not with certainty”. It was almost a lie. She knew that her sister would return in the morning. Yet she preferred not say that to the unicorn. There was something in that pony that gave her a bad feeling.

Noir stared at her with his soul piercing eyes for what felt like hours. “Well, patience then, I’ll have to wait her return then” he said, with calm and shrugging his hooves.

“In the meantime I wish to ask you something” asked Celestia, with an hint of distrust, “What do you want to talk with Luna?”.

“None of your business”. Cold was too much of an euphemism for the way the unicorn said those words.

“I think it is, being that it is of my younger sister that we’re talking” replied Celestia, dropping her smile. As for cue Noir got himself surrounded by an half dozen of royal guards armed with spears. Celestia rose up from her throne and marched until she was in front of the group, “Now you will tell me what you want to do with my sister or else you’re going to talk with her with you being behind bars and with me present. Did I make myself clear?” said the ruler of Equestria with a threatening tone.

Noir couldn’t believe it. The alicorn giving order to him? He was unsure to how properly react to that. One part of him wanted to laugh in her face. The other one wanted to teach her a lesson of what happen when you bully a dragon. With difficulty he managed to suppress both those feelings, focusing on what would be a good solution for this situation. He didn’t wanted to reveal to miss sun flank here his true motives and nature. Yet if he wouldn’t do so he would end up either fighting (which will would have make everything more complicated and possibly making Princess Luna unwilling to listen him) or him end in up in a cage (Which was against his free nature, for not talking of getting imprisoned by a bunch of creatures that he could crush with one claw). What was it best in this kind of situation? Ezio cawed, making him notice that the patience of both guards the princess was wearing thin by his silence. He had to choose. Fast.
What would Shadus do? Thought Noir, wondering what would do that peace lover brat in his place. The dragon in disguise knew it well enough. He would tell, the truth, but not all of it.
“Ok, princess, I will talk” said Noir, “I am the Avatar of Darkness itself!”. Suddenly he released a powerful aura which knocked out and pushed out of the way those pathetic excuses of soldiers. Not all of it, or else the palace itself would crumble as a castle of cards. This took Celestia by surprise, making her back away. “And” continued Noir, “The reason of why I want to talk with your sister is that I want her to learn how to control the dark powers that she has suppressed inside of her. There. Happy now?”.

***
The noble ponies in Canterlot were living their usual classy lives, enjoying food and relaxing social gathering. Sadly for them their peace would not last much long. From the Canterlot palace of the royal sisters a loud explsion went off. As a projectile a figure flew, crashing down near of a statue of the alicorns sister. Ezio flew on the top of it, staring at the dark unicorn laying on the ground with an expression of slight irritation and no trace of wounds.

“Ezio please remind me that next time I meet Shadus I have to tear him limb from limb” commented Noir, getting up from the small crater he was in.

Few seconds later Celestia teleported in front of him hovering from the street and releasing an aura of light. The royal sister looked royally pissed off right now, glaring at the dark unicorn with intense anger.
“You know, you should be more careful when shooting those laser from that horn of yours. You may ending up killing someone with that stuff” made notice Noir, fear completely absent from his voice.
“It was nothing compared to what I’m going to do if you don’t leave this world in this instant!” said Celestia, almost shouting.
“And what about Luna? You want to take the privilege of deciding for things that regards her only?” asked Noir, his voice echoed with rage which, unlike Celestia, was more of the tranquil type.
“I don’t have to answer questions to a creature of darkness!”.

“Ah well that sure is an answer. Quite mature and no racist at all” commented with sarcasm the dragon in disguise.

“Don’t mock me, monster!”.
“I don’t take order from you”.
“Leave now or prepare to face your end!” shouted Celestia with her royal voice.
“Bite my tail, sun flank”.
Celestia roared in anger while charging a ray of destruction at him. He stood still, with a boring expression on his muzzle. Once fully charged she shoot at him a large sphere of destruction. He deflected it without breaking a sweat. “And I should be the monster here” commented Noir, pointing at the ponies who were staring at the fighters with fear in their eyes, “You’re so blinded by your rage that you don’t even care for your people sake”.

Celestia made to reply, but then her expression turned a bit more calm and shocked about what she had almost done. Though she was far for giving any credit to her adversary. “Fine, Avatar of Darkness, we will fight somewhere else” she admitted.

“That’s what I wanted to hear” he said with a toothy grin. Before Celestia could say or do something she and Noir got surrounded by a dark mist and, as soon as it had appeared it vanished, revealing that they were in the same open area in which Twilight had faced Tirek. “Here should be fine. It’s you and me. Time for you to understand how utterly unmatched you are” said Noir, mockingly.

Without having to worry about hurting her people the ruler of Equestria unleashed on the unicorn. She shoot many ray of magic at him, which Noir dodged, blocked, deflected or tanked with a bored expression which it didn’t even seemed fazed by the explosions surrounding him, which only managed to infuriate her further more. She grabbed him with her magic and throw him against rocks, trees and, in the end, the ground, slamming him down with brutal violence. When he stood up he showed once more to be completely unharmed.

“I’m starting to get bored, sun flank. If this is the best you got is a miracle that this country has not been taken down by the first tyrant passing nearby” commented the dark unicorn, “Let me give you a taste of power” he then added, with his voice getting more cold. His horn let out some dark sparks and, before Celestia could do anything she got herself hit by a dark ray. It wasn’t as powerful looking as the one the alicorn did, but she felt it. As the ray hit her she felt great pain run through her body, which got pushed brutally to the other side of the field.
Fighting back the urge of lay down in hurt Celestia got up.
“Make yourself a favor and stay down, princess. You’re just going to hurt yourself more. Or maybe is that what you want, do you? To me to look like the monster you think I am?” asked with irritation the dragon in disguise, “Well, you know what, sun flank? I am no monster. All of this is happening because of you. And if you want this pathetic story to end you shall end it by yourself, because I’m tired to waste time with you”. With that said he made to leave and go back to Canterlot.

“No” growled Celestia, getting up, her expression murderous. “I won’t allow you to ruin all the progress that my sister has done in this year’s!” she shouted. She released a powerful aura which cause a strong glimmer of light. When the light turned down Celestia mane was on fire, which burned of such intensity that would have burned everything approached it if it wasn’t for her control. She flew in the sky, putting herself before the sun, “May the power of the sun and everything filled of light… DESTROY YOU!” screamed the alicorn princess releasing her most powerful attack yet, focusing it all on the dark unicorn. Noir stood still, slightly annoyed by the overly dramatic scene folding before him, and got completely hit by it.
For 4 long second Celestia thought that she had finally made it. But her hopes got crushed when a giant claw made of shadows made his way through her ray without being slightly damaged by the light and catch her in its clutch, interrupting her assault, showing Noir once again without a scratch. Except his patience for the alicorn ruler of Equestria; that had almost seemingly vanished.

“You know” commented the dragon in disguise, “Some philosophers likes to talk about how even a candle in the eternal darkness can spark as powerful as the sun. My honest opinion?” he ordered to his magical shadow hand to increase the strength of his hold on the alicorn, “They know jack squat!”.

Celestia let out a scream of pain as she tried to fight back the dark hold on her, but she could feel her powers dissipate. Inside the dark claw there went a big flash of light, Noir opened it slightly revealing the defeated sovereign, who had turned back to her natural form. Without giving the beaten princess any more thoughts he made his dark claw give a quick jerk while forcing himself to not be too much violent, throwing Celestia to the ground. Noticing that the battle was done Ezio flew off from the far away trees and landed on the back of the dark unicorn. “Enjoyed the battle?” asked Noir. The raven gave a dry caw as an answer, “Yeah, I got to agree with you, it was barely a fight” commented the dragon in disguise, “I say that we have lost enough time here”. With that said he made to leave.

“W-wait”. Noir stopped on his tracks and turned around. He let out a grow of impatience noticing that Celestia was trying to get up, only to fail every single time. “I am not done yet”.

“Then you should check yourself on a mirror” replied Noir, exasperated by the obstinacy of the princess, “There’s nothing that you can do to stop me”.

“What about us then!?” asked suddenly a voice coming to his left. He turned around to face the new challengers annoyed, but then his face lighten up, amused by what stood few meters away from him. Two Pegasi, a unicorn, two earth ponies and, at last, another alicorn.

Author's Note:

Will the new and improved Elements be capable to stop the outsider? Or is his power beyond even the power of Harmony?
Probably the latter :derpytongue2: .
One thing I want to make clear: there will be no romance between Noir and Luna. Nor with any of the Mane 6 and beyond.