• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 840 Views, 36 Comments

Ponetheus - Shadowpony0071



After discovering a secret on the Drackenridge mountains, The Mane six and others take to the stars.

  • ...
9
 36
 840

Chapter 5

Twilight, Rarity, Faint and E.V.A.D were just leaving the dome and getting on the vehicles. "You're running out of time. I repeat, your running out of time." Spike said from the ship. They started driving and the storm started to cover the dome. They were far from the dome now, which was now inside the storm. Twilight was in the back of one of the small buggies with Faint driving. "Go faster!" She yelled at him. The storm was catching up to them as they got closer the the ship. As the buggy Twilight was in bumped against the end of the airlock bridge, the alien head fell out of her grip and outside into the sand. "The head!" She screamed, jumping out to get it without thinking. "Stop!" Faint shouted "What are you doing?!" As soon as she got it she was hit by the storm and flung into one of the legs of the ship. Faint backed up his buggy and went after her in the middle of the storm while the speakers blared "Gate closing in 5 seconds". "Shit!" Spike said from where he was watching all of this happen. The door started closing as Faint drove toward Twilight. As Faint got next to her he jumped out of the vehicle and it flew away due to the strong winds. He grabbed Twilights hoof. E.V.A.D opened a side-door and putting a metal cord around himself he flung his body towards them. "Twilight!" Faint yelled as he started to lose his grip. Thankfully, E.V.A.D got to them just in time and wrapped the cord around them and the bag. The rope then pulled them all inside. Pinkie Pie, Cyan, and Redtrot were decontaminating the vehicles with flamethrowers inside the airlock. "What was that Twilight?!" Faint asked her harshly "You almost compromised the whole mission. Not to mention, also killing yourself!"
"Are you alright?" E.V.A.D asked
"Yah" She replied "Thank you E.V.A.D"
"My pleasure"
"Alright It's good to have you back but where are Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Fluttershy?" Spike asked Faint and Twilight
"Aren't they back yet?" Twilight asked back. Spike turned to Cyan "Kick them up for me, alright?"

øøø

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy had been looking for the exist ever since they left the group. "We been here before, Rainbow" Applejack said to the pegasus that was navigating. "I know, I know" she responded. The dark tunnels had really been scaring Fluttershy so Applejack and Rainbow Dash had to comfort her.
"Girl's this is the captain" Spike said through the com "Between the static electricity and the wind. Well... theres no safe way to come and get you. "What?!?" Rainbow stood still, shocked. Fluttershy was starting to freak out. "Your gonna have to find a way to stay warm until the storm passes." Spike continued. "Keep your head down and we'll come and get you in the morning. The trio kept walking down the tunnel, unsure of where they were.


øøø

Twilight and Rarity had the alien head on a table, examining and scanning it. After scanning it for contagions Rarity confirmed "Alright, nothing contagious"
Trixie walked in to see the studying taking place.
Trixie said to get their attention. "So, are they all dead?"
"Who?" Twilight asked
"Your engineers. Are they all dead?"
"I dont know, we just got here" Twilight said finishing the conversation "Scan" she told E.V.A.D, who pressed some buttons causing an arch at the end of the table to move up and scan the head. "Do you even care if they're dead?" She asked Trixie. Before Trixie could respond Rarity said "Twilight have a look at this" She showed her the xray of the mask. "Thats not an exoskeleton?!" She asked, surprised. "It's a mask" Rarity told her. "Lets see if we can lift it up." Said the now excited Twilight. They tried but the mask wouldn't lift. "It's too heavy" Twilight sighed. "E.V.A.D?" The golem easily lifted the helmet up. Inside was an almost normal pony face, except is was decomposed and didn't have a mane. "Woah" Said an amazed Twilight. "What is that on it's head?" asked Trixie. It had round, small bulges on it's head. "Looks like new cells." Twilight responded, examining the head. "Looks like..."
"Change" Rarity finished for her. "Changing into what?" Trixie asked.
"Can you run a stem line into it?" Twilight asked Rarity. "Perhaps we can trick the nervous system into thinking it's still alive"
Rarity took out a device with a needle at the end and stuck it into the neck. "20 amps. No more." Twilight instructed. It didn't do anything. "add 20" The eyes bolted open. "Down it by 10!" Black liquid started oozing out of the sides of it's head. "Down! Down!" Twilight shouted. "Im trying!" Rarity yelled back. The head started hyperventilating and a horrible smell filled the room. Twilight and Rarity put masks over their faces. "E.V.A.D!" Twilight shouted "Contain It!"
"Turn it off now!" Trixie hollered. E.V.A.D pressed a button and the head was pulled into a small glass cube. As soon as the glass closed, the head exploded in green slime.