• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 840 Views, 36 Comments

Ponetheus - Shadowpony0071



After discovering a secret on the Drackenridge mountains, The Mane six and others take to the stars.

  • ...
9
 36
 840

Chapter 3

The ship had landed a few miles from the dome. Faint already wanted to go there. "Captain. would you please tell the surveyed team to suit up and meet us in the airlock"
"Only 6 hours left of daylight. Why don't you go in the morning?." Spike asked.
"Nonononono. We just found this, so i wanna explore." He was walking out of the room when he pointed at E.V.A.D "You, golem, your coming with us"
"I'd be delighted"

øøø

The team of ponies went to the airlock and got on their space suits. Twilight noticed Applejack carrying a flamethrower. "Whats that for" she asked. "Security" Applejack responded "My job is to make sure everypony is nice and safe"
"This is a scientific expedition" Twilight said "No weapons"
"Alright then. Good luck"
"E.V.A.D why are you wearing a suit?" Faint looked at E.V.A.D who said "I beg your pardon?"
"You dont breath so... why where a suit?
"I was designed like this, cause you ponies are more comfortable interacting with your own kind. If I didn't wear the suit... it would defeat the purpose"
"Alright" Faint laughed.
After all getting suited up, the ponies got into the vehicles at the airlock doors. Soon they were driving.
Faint stood up and walked to Twilight "Hey, this is just one small step for ponykind!" Faint said jokingly to Twilight.
"Seriously?" she responded
He laughed and went back to his seat. They were getting close to the massive dome now. "Hey Rainbow Dash can you tell me whether it's natural or pony-made?"
"I can't tell you if it's natural but I can tell you that it's hollow"
All the ponies stared out the window at the massive dome as the vehicle came to a stop. The doors slowly opened and Twilight was the first off, all the others behind her. She stared at it in amazement "Ponetheus? are you seeing this?" she asked
"Affirmative" Spike said on the ship through his communicator. "We see you"
"Theres an entrance!" Twilight exclaimed while entering a rectangle shaped doorway. Upon entering there was a small room. At the end there was another, smaller doorway. "After you" Faint said to Twilight. She crawled under "Ponetheus, we are going in" She confirmed "Copy that" Spike said. They all entered, with Rainbow Dash being the last. Upon entering their was a tunnel. Rainbow took two metallic spheres from her pack. "What are those?" Applejack asked.
"These..." He said throwing them into the air. "are my P.U.P's" The two spheres went into the air and flew around the place mapping everything and feeding it to Ponetheus. Rainbow did the same with two others incase the tunnels broke down further. "Ponetheus" Rainbow said smiling "We are now mapping" Back at the ship Spike said "Copy that" and went to a table where a holographic projection of the dome was being created. "Well I'll be damned" he said.
"Rainbow Dash, you got a read?"
"Yah P.U.P's are saying this way" he said leading them to the right. They began walking.
Upon walking into a circular chamber with water pouring from the top of the room into a hole in the middle. The P.U.P goes down the hole. "Oh Celestia" Twilight remarks. "The sunlights heating the water!" Rarity exclaimed "Check out the humidity!"
"Yah" Faint responded "And look at the CO2 levels! outside it's completely toxic yet in here theres nothing. It's breathable. Faint started pressing some buttons to open his helmet. Twilight saw him and said "Faint, what are you doing? Don't be an idiot!"
"Dont be a skeptic" He responded "Alright theres something generating an atmosphere! E.V.A.D?"
"Faint Heart is correct" E.V.A.D responded. "Cleaner then Equestria actually" Rarity said.
"They were terraforming here!" Faint exclaimed putting his hands around his helmet to take it off.
"Please don't do that" Twilight said to him.
"No" He said "Im not wearing anything anymore. Wish me luck" He took off the helmet and inhaled the fresh air. After him all the other ponies took them off. "Ponetheus we are taking are helmets off. If you still want to see, then switch to a different feed." Rainbow Dash said taking it off. "Copy that, switching feeds." Said Spike from the ship.