• Published 18th Oct 2018
  • 335 Views, 1 Comments

The Calliope Caper - Weavers of Dreams



Twas the night before Nightmare Night, and all through streets, a creature was stiring, and

  • ...
 1
 335

A Prologue Taking Place After the Events that Started Everything

It always seemed to rain at the most dramatic moments in life. As though the very sky sky were weeping with the mourners of a grand tragedy.

This night, however, was clear as a bell with a full moon lighting every nook and cranny.

Princess Celestia didn't know what to do. If only Twilight could speak more clearly she might have understood what was going on and formed a plan. But, as was the usual, Twilight was speaking a million miles an hour. What was she so excited about?

Wait? Were those tears? What was she crying about? The poor solar mare could barely find the parts she was supposed to nod and make agreeing noises at. From what she gathered someone had stolen all the fuel from Ponyville.

Well, that was certainly something to be alarmed at. A small town like that didn't have all that much. Though, with only a few aeronautical enthusiasts they certainly had even less than most other small towns. Perhaps there were a few boats as well. Certainly no automobiles. Those were far too new a thing to have made it out of the big cities by now.

Though, why would she be crying over the fuel? That wasn't really her responsibility. Oh, lanterns too. They use fuel. Oops, back to the crying mare. The poor lavender thing was sobbing now. Okay... this was getting too silly.

Celestia laid a gentle, yet forceful hoof on her dear student's lips and cleared her throat.

"My dear beloved student, Twilight, whom I practically raised since foalhood, please try to speak in a language I can understand." Which was a lot of languages really. All except that Central Zebrica clicking speak. She was half convinced it wasn't real, just a well organized prank.

ButevrtingrunadthygonIwstheranidsalmyflt," Twilight broke out sobbing again.

And Celestia sighed. "I suppose some tea and cake is in order. Now, Twilight, if you'll get off my bed and let me get out from these warm... soft... wonderful covers... I will try my best to remedy this travesty."


Some time later. Celestia sat a at a small table with a cup of tea and and extra large slice of cake. Darn it, she earned that.

"Alright, Twilight," she started, taking a sip of her Manehatten Sweet Tea, "whatever happened that you had to break into my room in the middle of the night and wake me up? Wouldn't Luna have been a better choice?"

Twilight, having stuffed the cake in her mouth and downed her tea at the same time, took a deep breath. "Celestia,it'sterrible,allthefoalsinPonyvillehavevanished.We'vesearchedeverywherebutthey'vebeentakensomewherebyanevilmare.ApplejackistearingaparttheEverfreeForestwithRainbowDash,Pinkie'sPinkiesenseisn'tworking,Fluttershyistraumatized,andRarityisalreadymakingfuneralgowns.Oh,pleasehelpuswedon'tknowwhattodo.IwantmysweetwonderfulNyxback."

Celestia blinked as she tried to decipher what her student had said. It was slower this time, so that made it a bit easier. So, it was all the foals that were stolen, not the fuel. Silly Celestia, that made so much more sense. Wait...

Her eyes bugged open at the realization of what her student had just said. For the first time is a few centuries, Equestria, and a few of the lands beyond, heard Celestia speak in the Royal Canterlot Voice.

And, for the first time ever, they found she had quite the colorful vocabulary.