• Published 27th Jan 2016
  • 571 Views, 5 Comments

The Tale Of Heavy Weight - Spirit Of Fantasy



A Talented unicorn born of a legendary father grows up with Twilight Sparkle and her brother in pursuit of his destiny under the guidance of princess Celestia.

  • ...
17
 5
 571

Chapter 8:The Great Fight

Chapter 8:The Great Fight

Heavy, Shining and Twilight now found themselves venturing together to the play ground, Twilight stood behind both colts while Shining Armor and Heavy Weight were side by side and staying in front of her like a wall. After Twilight's little conduct with Dark Shine, they were now going to have to fight the dark colt to defend Twilight and finally teach that bully a lesson.

Heavy felt his body tensing up as he came to terms with the reality of the situation, this was going to be his first actual fight, and it was going to be the first true test of his strength, the thought of all that was making him nervous. He turned and looked to Shining Armor and could see the anticipation in his eyes, the anticipation and nervousness in his body as he could see visible signs of trembling. He then turned to Twilight who had her head hanging low in shame as if she was blaming herself for this whole mess, Heavy smiled to her as she then looked up to him.

"Don't blame yourself for this, it was about time some pony put that thug in his place, who knew it was going to be me and Shining,"Heavy said as he managed to get Twilight to smile slightly,"Oh and nice work with the tray there Twilight. The punk never saw it coming."

"Ha ha ha! Thanks, It was the only thing I could think of that he wouldn't see coming. I guess he really is talentless just like you said!"Twilight said as they approached the playground.

"So... Are you doing alright Shining Armor, you're trembling like a leaf."Heavy pointed out as he got Shining's attention.

"Oh...! Uh...sorry about that, It's just that this is my first real fight. I never thought I would actually have to do this."Shining said as he scratched at his mane.

"Well... You want to be captain right? Well you gotta know when you need to be forceful with ponies like Dark Shine. You may not like it, but It has to be done."Heavy said in a serious tone.

"Right..."Shining said.

It was then that they arrived at the playground and could see many fillies and colts gathering in a circle, they all turned their heads to see the trio approaching and quickly dispersed so they could enter the circle. As the three of them entered the circle, they could see Dark Shine staring them all as he walked side by side as if he was studying them.

"Wow...! I'm surprised you losers actually showed up, so what...?! You both are going to take me on?! What was all that stuff you said about me being the coward Heavy?!"Dark mocked without breaking eye contact.

Suddenly Shining Armor stood forward in front of Heavy and let out a snort, he stared Dark down with fire in his eyes and a sudden will to fight, he turned to Heavy who had raised a brow at his sudden action and smiled confidently.

"Let me take him first...!"Shining said before turning back to Dark.

"Are you sure Shining? Don't get me wrong, Dark Shine doesn't look special, but that doesn't mean you should take him lightly."Heavy informed as Shining looked at Heavy off the corner of his eye.

"Heavy... He tried to hurt my sister... no pony even touches my sister let alone hurt her... NO PONY!"Shining snapped as he gritted his teeth and charged up his horn.

"Stepping up Shining Armor...? Are you trying to make me laugh?"Dark asked as he lit up his horn.

"Shining...?"Twilight said in a soft and worried voice.

"Just stay back Twilight, Shining's about to rip Dark Shine a new one."Heavy warned as they both stepped back to give Shining room.

A small colt had then at that time stepped forward and got between the two combatant, he looked at both of them and could see the fighting spirit burning inside them, their desires to win could not be more stronger.

"Ready...! FIGHT!"The colt shouted as he then jumped away from the colts.

As the words left the colts mouth, Dark Shine instantly went on the attack, his horn blasted a large red beam of magic in a flash of great speed. Shining Armor barely had time to dodge as he rolled out of the way, The attack missed Shining by inches and struck the ground causing a small explosion to go off right behind him. The blast made smoke rise from where it hit and made some unicorns back away from the fight as it was only started to get heated up.

Shining Armor kept his wits about him as he saw Dark Shine charging at him with a fully lit horn of red, Shining lowered his head and charged up his horn as he began to charge as well. Dark Shine roared at the top of his lungs as both colts smashed heads sending a small force of pink and red magic in all directions, all but Heavy and Twilight fell to their flanks from the force as they watched Shining Armor and Dark Shine butting heads and letting sparks of magic fly and scorching the ground.

Twilight was holding onto Heavy in fear for her brother as they watched the colts slam their heads together in rage and desire to see the other beaten. Dark Shine finally head butted Shining Armor away and bucked Shining right in the side of his ribs and knocking him against the swing set. He then growled as he reared up and blasted another magical beam right at Shining Armor. Shining felt the warmth of Dark's magic as he jumped out of the way and allowing the swing set to take the full force of the blast, the beam struck the swing set and instantly made it explode into pieces of red hot magic as parts flew every where.

Shining looked back to the swing set and watched it burn, smoke raised from the wreck as he then stared back at Dark who was once again charging straight at him. Shining narrowed his eyes as he stood on his hind legs and delivered a vicious right hoof across Dark's jaw sending him flying, and slamming against the wall of the school. Dark quickly got up and charged his horn once more for another attack.

Heavy's eyes narrowed watching the entire fight with interest while other ponies started backing away and even screaming at the magical battle. He watched as Dark fired off a magic beam while Shining Armor charged head on into the attack, Shining closed his eyes as he felt the beam hit his horn, he felt the force of the attack stop him from advancing. He quickly turned to Heavy and Twilight, he could see Twilight tearing up and hiding behind Heavy as he felt Dark's magic surrounding him, the magic was burning his cheeks, the wind of the attack stung everything that touched.

"I... I WON'T LOSE...! I AM GOING TO BE A CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD! I CANNOT LOSE!"Shining shouted as he poured a massive amount of magic into his horn.

Dark widened his eyes as he watched Shining Armor suddenly began to push his way through his attack, this made Dark nervous as he began putting more magic into his magic attack. The force of the beam stopped Shining cold, but Shining then quickly looked back to his friend and sister before turning back to Dark Shine. He let out a growl as he reared back and made his horn glow brighter than it ever did before, he brought his front hooves back down and suddenly unleashed a massive pink beam of magic and began forcing Dark's attack back.

Heavy raised an eyebrow in interest, but strangely enough he felt completely calm and easy as him and Twilight felt the force of both Shining and Dark Shine's attacks blowing through their manes. The power he was seeing was something to be admired, he watched as Shining's attack grew and became evenly matched with Dark's attack, the beams were smashing together and creating a massive crater beneath them. Fillies and colt all fled from the circle and were finding places to hide from the fight as the intensity became too much for all of them.

Finally Heavy and Twilight widened their eyes as they watched Shining Armor's attack begin to overpower Dark Shine's, the beam began to force Dark Shine back as his hooves grind over the ground. He then saw his red beam being destroyed and immediately released the attack before quickly throwing up a red shield around himself as he felt Shining's attack smash against his shield.

Dark concentrated as hard as he could, but Shining Armor's attack was cracking away at the shield while Dark Shine's hooves continued to drag on the ground. Dark felt the protective walls of his shield shaking and cracking around him as he felt the cruel hoof of defeat infecting his mind, but he knew he couldn't lose. Suddenly he felt the attack smash through his shield and strike him in the chest as the beam sent him flying and crashing into the wall of the school and even cracking the wall behind him as the beam scorched his chest.

Dust flew into his eyes as he coughed and tried to see, he felt himself sliding off the walls of the school and landing on his flank, he finally managed to open his eyes while he rubbed at his burning chest. Dark then suddenly saw the silhouette of a pony charging at him and struggled to get to his hooves, but he was then forced back down as the pony jumped in the air and brought both front hooves down on his chest, he felt himself smash into the ground with great force as he saw that it was indeed Shining Armor who now had him pinned.

"So...*cough*... You actually got me pinned... Big deal."Dark said as he looked into the eyes of a furious Shining Armor.

"Save your tough colt routine for some pony who has any respect or fear for you now! You are nothing now Dark Shine...! JUST GIVE UP...!"Shining Armor yelled as he lifted the dark colt up with his magic.

"You think that just because you managed to knock me down that it means you've won...? I DON'T LOSE TO LOSERS LIKE YOU!"Dark Shine shouted in Shining's face.

"I'd say you already have Dark..."Shining said as he dropped Dark on his flank.

"Oh...! I'm not done with you yet Shining Armor. This fight is only getting started!"Dark Shine warned as he stood back up and suddenly began to glow.

"FINE...! THEN MAYBE THIS WILL END IT!"Shining Armor shouted as he blindly threw a left hoof at Dark Shine.

Suddenly Shining felt his attack stopped cold as Dark Shine gripped his hoof with his own and held it there effortlessly as red magic began to cover his body, he began chuckling before he then suddenly punched Shining Armor directly in the gut. The force of the brutal hoof to the gut knocked all the wind out of Shining Armor before sending him flying at high speeds through the air and making him grind against the ground before coming to a stop at the end of a ten foot scorching trench.

Shining, Twilight, and even Heavy widened their eyes in disbelief as a horrid gasp left Twilight's mouth, Heavy was in disbelief as he watched the Dark colt check himself out. The glow was familiar to Heavy and felt himself trembling with anger as he watch Dark proudly and casually walk towards Shining Armor.

"YOU SNAKE...! HE COPIED OFF MY BODY ENHANCING SPELL!"Heavy shouted while Dark just stood there laughing.

"Ha! Don't you mean my body enhancing spell, at least it's mine now,"Dark said as he levitated Shining Armor up and brutally slammed him face first into the ground,"Though I suppose I should give you credit Heavy! I couldn't have learned this without watching you perfect it yesterday, this was a hay of a spell you came up with! ALL THIS POWER...! IT'S OVERWHELMING!"

With that said, Dark Shine lifted Shining Armor up once more and threw him into a slide, the force of the slam bent the slide from Shining Armor's head smashing against it. Dark laughed as he then brought Shining down on his side and suddenly blasted a large beam of red magic right at the down colt.

Heavy and Twilight looked on in horror as the beam struck Shining Armor forcing small screams of pain from the injured colt as Dark Shine suddenly leaped into the air and brought both front hooves down on Shining's side. The force of the hooves shook the whole play ground as Shining let out a loud shriek of pain. Dark then began unleashing a flurry of hooves to Shining's face and ribs and began laughing as he could hear bones starting to crack and break with each blow he delivered.

Heavy continued to watch in complete disbelief, but he was then interrupted by the sounds of crying, he turned to Twilight and could see that she was crying, tears were flowing as she became horrified by the brutal torment of her brother. Heavy felt cold inside as he watched his friend weeping for her brother, he then turned his head as he heard Shining let out another shriek of pain, he felt like this fight was ripping him apart. Heavy's hooves shook with anger at watching his friend get tormented, he then suddenly saw Shining start to go limp, and that's when he couldn't take it any more.

"no...! NOOOOOOO...!"Heavy shouted as he lit up his horn.

He reared back and suddenly blasted a huge beam of ice blue magic, the attack was massive and burning hot to the touch, Dark Shine only had time to turn his head and cease his torment of Shining Armor before the beam struck him right on his side and blasted him off Shining. The force of the attack made Dark skip like a rock across the ground before slamming completely through the school walls, the walls had then exploded into a cloud of dust and fiery blue flames.

While Heavy kept his sight's focused on the hole that he made, Twilight saw this as an opportunity to rush to her brother's aid. She bravely took off through the ruins of the play ground and made it to Shining Armor's side, but he did not move. Twilight started to panic as she gently placed her hooves on him and did her best to shake Shining in her attempt to wake him up. Thankfully Shining began to stir as an eye opened and began gazing at the innocent little filly before a smile slowly began to stretch across the colt face.

"Twily...? Are you alright...?"Shining asked in a gentle and slow voice.

"I'm fine... P-please be okay Shining... please..."Twilight said as she sobbed against her brother.

"Shh... Everything is going to be okay... I promise..."Shining said in an attempt to calm her sister down.

Suddenly Heavy noticed Dark Shine's eyes peaking out through the dark hole and suddenly focus on Twilight and Shining Armor, It was then that a magical red beam suddenly exploded from the hole and was now heading towards them. Heavy let out a gasp as his body lost all reason and ran towards Shining Armor and Twilight. Fear over took his mind as he blindly raced the magical attack to see who would get to them first.

Twilight and Shining Armor saw the attack coming as the whole playground lit up with red lights, Shining quickly hugged Twilight as they both closed their eyes and braced themselves for the attack. A massive red explosion then went off and blew the entire playground away with massive winds, colts and fillies were even knocked away from their hiding spots and sent flying all over the place. What felt like minutes was really seconds as Shining Armor and Twilight held each other still bracing for an attack that surprisingly never came.

Twilight trembled like a leaf as she slowly opened her eyes and saw dust and smoke from the attack surround them, Shining Armor did the same as he looked around before suddenly seeing the silhouette of a small pony standing right in front of him. They both did their very best to try and see who was in front of them, but the dust proved to be thick and strong, the very air around them strangely felt heavy and almost unable to breath in as the dust began to settle.

It was then that the pony came into view and turned out to be Heavy Weight who was now surrounded in his own glowing ice blue aura and growling as he stared them down while they noticed a small burn mark on his ribs. Twilight gasp as the dust cleared and revealed that Heavy Weight had taken the blow and shielded them from Dark Shine's cowardly attack. Heavy looked furious and pumped as ever as he tried to come to grips with this burning rush of anger and hate that easily made his pain disappear as he let out an ear splitting battle cry completely unfazed by his burned side.

"Why...? Why did you do this for us...? Heavy..."Twilight said as she looked upon his injury with sadness.

"Because... We're... Friends... And I won't let my friends get hurt from monsters like Dark Shine... EVER...!"Heavy shouted as lightning suddenly crashed between him and Dark from out of no where.

He turned and growled loudly as Dark Shine emerged from the hole he was in and began to breath heavily from Heavy's attack, he felt angry at Heavy, but his anger was nothing compared to the rage Heavy felt inside him. Heavy began to feel himself growing stronger as more of his magic began pumping through his body, the things he was about to do to this colt were unimaginable and even scary, but he didn't care.

"DARK SHINE YOU COWARD...! A REAL PONY WOULD NEVER ATTACK THE INNOCENT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU!"Heavy shouted while Dark let out a chuckle.

"AND I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU SQUIRT! I GUESS IT'S TIME I PUT THE SON OF MEGA WEIGHT TO SLEEP...! I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT REAL UNICORNS ARE MADE OF!"Dark roared as he prepared to charge.

Heavy instantly began charging at Dark Shine full force and traveling at speeds that were almost unheard of, Dark Shine was shocked by Heavy's sudden burst of power and blindly began charging straight at the colt. Their eyes connected as red and blue magic surrounded both of them, determination and burning wills forged in the back of their minds as they found themselves both covered in veils of magic. The wind began howling incredibly loud as the two sources of magic mixed, small ball shapes of excess magic shot from both colts bodies and blew small holes all over the place as they ran.

Just as they were about to butt heads, Heavy suddenly dropped and slid on his back as he slide under Dark Shine, but not before instantly kicking Dark Shine in the gut with both back hooves and sending him soaring into the air. Heavy continued to grind on his back as he slammed both back hooves against the wall kicking up chunks of cinder block from the wall before using that momentum to launch himself into the air.

Dark Shine flailed like a doll as he panicked and tried to find his way to the ground, he then saw Heavy Weight soaring right towards him and braced himself as he suddenly took a head butt in the jaw. Dark Shine tarted to drop to the ground while hearing Heavy let out another battle cry, but Heavy managed to catch him before he could start falling and delivered a vicious buck to the top of Dark's head. The force of the attack forced Dark Shine to the ground as he crashed to the ground on his side and heard his ribs suddenly crack as he let out a shriek of pain.

Dark quickly opened his eyes while recovering from his injury and could see Heavy Weight descending upon him, he then watched as Heavy suddenly lit up his horn and fired off a massive orb of blue magic. The heat of the orb felt like it was melting the ground around him as he stood up on his shaky legs and managed to raise up a shield. He closed his eyes as the orb suddenly crashed against his shield and began cracking up his shield, in all his time here at school, he never thought he would ever be in a more dire situation. He then let out a sigh as the orb suddenly destroyed his shield and struck Dark Shine before exploding in a massive burst of blue flames and even smaller fragments of magic as they hit the ground and burned small craters into the ground.

Heavy growled in a explosion of uncontrolled anger as he suddenly began to lift massive pieces of land from the ground and make them float in mid air as he narrowed his eyes at where Dark Shine was. The blue flames slowly dissipated to reveal Dark Shine slowly getting back up and trembling as Heavy came to a smooth landing right in front of Dark Shine. His eyes were now glowing completely blue, the magic aura around him made the desolated playground glow in the same color as it blazed and flickered like fire. For the very first time Dark Shine felt scared and began to back away from Heavy while the colt lit up his horn for another attack.

Dark was even about to run away, but was suddenly stopped cold as he felt something constrict around his legs, he looked down and suddenly gasp as he saw his legs completely tied up by blue tentacles that had burst from the ground. He looked back up at Heavy Weight who was still growling uncontrollably as he came to realized that these too were of Heavy Weight's making.

"L-Let me go...!"Dark Shine begged as he struggled against the magical tentacles.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANY WHERE! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU JUST YET!"Heavy roared as he suddenly began charging at Dark Shine with full force.

Heavy then spun the massive sets of rocks he pulled from the ground and began chucking them at Dark Shine. Dark let out a fearful scream as he raised his shield and felt every single massive rock strike his shield and crack away, it the stopped for a moment giving Dark a chance to open his eyes only to see a massive boulder flying straight towards him. He braced himself as the boulder smashed what was left of his shield and cracked him in the forehead, drawing blood before smashing to pieces behind him.

Twilight held onto her brother and watched with astonishment as Heavy then suddenly found himself surrounded once again in a sphere of heavy ice blue magic, he felt himself lift into the air as he actually began to fly towards Dark Shine. Heavy then found himself disappearing into the magic as he then took off in a massive burst of speed and was now in the form of a blue comet. It soared like a speeding bullet and even burned a trench under it as it zero'd in on Dark Shine.

In response, Dark Shine frantically shook off the last attack and shot another blast of red magic with full force directly at the comet, but as it made contact with the comet, it immediately found itself overwhelmed as the attack smash through the attack effortlessly. Dark Shine let out a loud scream as the comet suddenly struck him with massive force in the gut and crashed with him into the ground sending another large tremor through the entire playground.

Twilight held on for dear life as she watched colts and fillies jump from their hiding spots and crash back into them, she looked to the spot where she last saw Dark Shine and waited for the dust to clear. As the dust did clear, she then saw Heavy Weight delivering his own flurry of viscous and magically empowered hooves, Dark Shine was crying and was barely conscious as each hard hit bruised and bloodied up his face. He felt as if he couldn't move any more and slowly began to fall unconscious, but that didn't stop Heavy from hitting the colt in his uncontrolled state of rage.

"DON'T YOU EVER ATTACK MY FRIENDS! AND DON'T EVER STEAL MY SPELLS YOU STUPID! WORTHLESS...! PATHETIC...! COWARD!"Heavy screamed with each blow he dealt to the unconscious colt.

Heavy felt himself attacking with no purpose of stopping, his fury was too strong and it was driving him insane, the hate he had for this colt had finally boiled over and was now being unleashed with each blow. He grunted and growled as he aimlessly kept up his assault, he didn't even notice what was starting to appear on the side of his flank.

"GET HIM HEAVY...!"Twilight shouted out in her own blind fury for Dark Shine.

Heavy Weight was more than willing to complied, he even started to think that he couldn't stop even if he wanted to, but before he could finish Dark Shine off. A scream suddenly came before he was tackled right off the dark colt.

"HEAVY WEIGHT STOP...! THAT'S ENOUGH!"Shouted the familiar voice of his mother.

Heavy had then found himself scooped off the Dark colt and suddenly felt himself being restrained and pulled away from the wrecked colt, he struggled and tried to fight the grip he was in before he was suddenly surrounded in a dark blue aura. He began kicking and growling as he was slowly turned around and was met with the sad and scared face of his mother Golden Heat. He let out a gasp as he looked into her eyes and could see the fear that was deep within her, he began taking steady breathes as his magic began to slowly disappear, he saw his magic slightly burning his mother's cheeks as tears began to sting his eyes.

"M-Mom...? I-is that you...?"Heavy said as he felt himself starting to sob.

"Shh... It's okay Heavy... Mommy's here... Everything is going to be okay,"Golden Heart said in a more calm tone as she held her son in a loving embrace,"Are you alright Heavy?"

"I... I'm sorry... He was bullying my friends... H-he even tried to attack my friend and his sister when he was already down, I-i just couldn't watch any more. It made me so angry...!"Heavy stuttered as he cried into his mother's chest.

"I know... You have your father's temper, but you only did what you felt was right, that is what made you great unicorn and a wonderful little warrior. You protected your friends without hesitation and without a second thought, no matter what happens... I'm so proud of you."Golden Heart said as she rubbed at his back to give him comfort.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA HAPPENED HERE...?!"Shouted the voice of Cloverstep as her and a staff of about twenty different teachers appeared.

They looked around the playground and were overwhelmed by the destruction that the battle had brought, fillies and colts were picking themselves up from each crater and broken piece of equipment they could find. The staff looked to the pulverized Dark Shine and the injured Shining Armor before trailing their sights to Heavy Weight and began glaring at him before Twilight Sparkle suddenly jumped in the middle of the conflict.

"WAIT...! I know what you're all thinking, this wasn't Heavy Weight's fault. Dark Shine started all this, he kept bullying every pony and finally my big brother and Heavy stood up to him, they then began to fight and Dark Shine was hurting my brother,"Twilight frantically explained with tears in her eyes,"Heavy saved me and my brother from Dark Shine and he did everything he could do, he finally beat Dark Shine, but Dark Shine was the one who destroyed the place, please don't punish Heavy...!"

"Do you have proof of this Ms Sparkle?!"Questioned her own kindergarten teacher.

"N-No..."Twilight replied with shame.

"Then we have no choice, but to hold this little monster for destroying half our school!"A mare yelled.

"B-but... I... Monster?"Heavy said as his heart hurt from that name.

"Miss Golden Heart. You and your son are going to have to come with me to the principle's office."Cloverstep said in a gentle tone as she led the way for them.

Cloverstep held Heavy in her arms as she slowly got up and walked with Cloverstep while ignoring the angry faces of so many teachers, as she passed by Twilight, she couldn't help but turn to the filly and smile with gratitude for standing up for them. She then turned back and followed Cloverstep as they ventured towards the main doors of the school, as they entered the school, they didn't notice that Twilight had followed him and watched them enter the school and catching one last glimpse of Heavy before disappearing inside.

"Heavy Weight... Thank you... so...much, my best friend..."Twilight said before running back to the destroyed playground to check on Shining Armor.