• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 1,023 Views, 33 Comments

Fluttershy and the Beast - Roisin the Irish pony



Discord is in despair. Will Fluttershy be able to help him?

  • ...
5
 33
 1,023

Blueblood

'Blueblood, may I have my books back please?' Squeaked Fluttershy. Realizing her mistake, she looked down at the ground and whispered an apology. Blueblood had only allowed poor Fluttershy when he spoke to her first and even then, she couldn't ask him for anything, not even for her books.

Blueblood was holding the books out of arms reach, open, and flipped through the pages.

'There's no pictures!' He sneered.

'No they're aren't.' Fluttershy agreed. Maybe if she agreed with everything he said then he'd hopefully stop bothering her. 'May I have them back now?'

'How can you read books without pictures? I thought that ponies of your social status couldn't read without pictures!'

'Oh no, I've been reading these kind of books for a long time now.' Fluttershy replied. Still, she hesitated. She didn't want to make him angry like the last time. She looked down at the ground, fighting back the tears.

'Ah, that's better. Sweet shyness. It really suits a mare don't you think? Really, you should stop reading this trash.' His weight shifted suddenly and Fluttershy heard a splash. Both of her books were in the river. Hot anger raced inside her and there was a lump rising in her throat. How dare he treat her possessions in such a manner! Had he no respect for her! No, he didn't, not for anypony!

Before she could fly down, he put his shoulder around her. 'Why don't we walk down to the restaurant and discuss our future together?!' It wasn't a gentle inquiry, it was an order and Fluttershy knew it.

Her heart raced. What to do, what to do?! 'Er, no thank you,' she stammered. 'I have to go home. I'm babysitting the Cutie Mark Crusaders later on, so I have to... er... foalproof the house! But thank you anyway!'

Blueblood snorted. 'Suit yourself,' he said in a sulky voice, turning away. 'But I'll be at your house at five o' clock, so get some dinner for me. You hear?!'

'I hear.' Replied Fluttershy, trembling. Blueblood sniffed and let her go. When he was gone, Fluttershy darted down to the river bank, where her books lay, almost sadly it seemed. Sobbing, she gathered them up, cradling them in her arms. This was the final straw! Hare dare he! What right had he? Sighing, she made her way home, to dry out her books and to foalproof her house before the Cutie Mark Crusaders came.

It had been earlier that day, when Sweetie Belle went missing. Shortly after breakfast, Sweetie Belle and her sister Rarity, (another one of Fluttershy's best friends) had a heated argument. The day before, both of them had been at a party in Canterlot which was attended by the most high in society ponies. Sweetie Belle feeling very frightened by this new situation, had a meltdown. To make matters worse, Rarity dragged her away, telling her that she'd be so in for it when they got home. So, when they got home, they argued. Rarity screamed that she was an embarrassment to her and that she was ashamed that she was her sister. Sweetie Belle broke down crying, begging her sister to forgive her. When Rarity refused to do so, she shouted that she would run away and then Rarity would be sorry. Rarity said, 'Fine, go ahead then! You've ruined my social life! Why should I care!?' At that, Sweetie Belle ran out the door sobbing as if her heart should break.

At first, Rarity wasn't too worried. She thought that Sweetie Belle would be at the club house, ranting to her fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders. However, at dinner time, when she heard that Sweetie Belle wasn't anywhere in sight, then she panicked. She set up a large search party, sending them around Ponyville and even into the Everfree Forest, but after hours of searching, they couldn't find her.

That night, Scootaloo and Applebloom stayed with Fluttershy while their families went out looking for their friend. She let them play all their favorite games, but to no avail. Nothing could lighten the mood.

Later that night, Fluttershy had a chat with Rarity. Rarity was blaming herself and rightly so.

'Well, excuse me, darling! I know now that I had acted selfishly and cruelly and I vow never to do so again!'

Nothing could comfort poor Rarity, so Fluttershy went home. She lay there in her bed that night, tossing and turning like nopony's business. She hoped that Sweetie Belle was okay. If she didn't show up, by tomorrow evening, then she'd go looking for her herself. Yes, that's what she'd do.