• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 519 Views, 12 Comments

Scratching the Treble - xXOverWorkedXx



My brain hurts right now...

  • ...
 12
 519

Girl I know

Chapter 1: Girl I know.

Those were the days where Radio could have fun without being alone. Things changed when Knot died, he started listening to heavy music, sometimes he felt like breaking down and crying. He was never sure what to do, so he decided to wander around Equestria. He still had a few friends from when he was still a little colt, but he never hung out with them anymore, he spent most of his time with Knot, but there was one friend that he did remember, Vinyl Scratch. That's right, Vinyl Scratch, and he knew that if he found her, then he'd be able to continue his music career he started just after high school, he never went to college, and Vinyl did, so he knew he'd be able to find her. Making stops in places like Canterlot and Cloudsdale, even far off places like Manehatten or even Fillydelphia, he was far away from where he lived. As he slowly stumbled into Ponyville, tired from the endless travelling.
'Oh thank Celestia, someone who doesn't seem too uptight.' Radio thought. "Excuse me, sir, where am I, exactly? I'm sort of far out of my hometown, really far, actually, so I was hoping you could help?" Radio asked. The stallion he'd asked was green, and he a had a blue mane, with a mint on his flank, obviously being his cutie mark.
"Yeah, sure, I can help out, you're in Ponyville. Are you looking for anyone in particular? Or do you just want me to give you a tour?" The pony said. "Oh, by the way, the name's Bitter Sweet."
"Cool, name's Pro Radio, but you can just call me Radio, everyone does... So yeah, I am looking for somepony, do you know who Vinyl Scratch is? She's an old friend, I figured I may aswell ask, since I've been all over Equestria, I lived in Roriksteed, just outside of Equestria, so yeah, it's been tiring... I figured I should narrow it down, since this is the only place I haven't been..."
"Yeah, I know who she is, she's at the club! I find it interesting that you still want to walk around, seeings as you've been walking all over Equestria, oh well, have fun!" The pony
As Radio opened the door to the club, he recognised the dj, mainly by the mane he saw every day, and couldn't help but blush every time he saw her. Radio never got his feelings out before they parted ways. If you asked, Radio would admit, he still kind of has a crush on her, but who wouldn't?
"Vinyl! It's Radio!" He called out to the dj, but was unheard. A few people looked at him weirdly, but then went back to dancing to the dubstep and hardstyles that Vinyl was known for.
He tried to get closer to the white unicorn he still had a small desire for, getting closer every minute.
As he got really close, he got up on stage next to her, dripping with sweat. He looked at her, and she looked at him.
"Vinyl... Remember me?" Radio asked.
"Radio! How are ya'? How's life?" Vinyl questioned.
"Well... I need to talk to you in private... Like, right now." Radio said. With a nod, Vinyl stopped the music and put her old friend up to the mic.
"This is my old music buddy, Radio! Respect him guys! Party on for a while, we are going to go catch up!" Vinyl said into the mic.

They went backstage to talk for a while.
"So, what's on your mind?" Vinyl asked, with a confused look.
"You remember Knot? Well... He... Passed on..." Radio said, trying not to think about it.
"Really? Damn, that sucks... I remember that time I dated him..." Vinyl said, with a sad expression on her face. "He wasn't much of a good date..."
"Well, yeah, he passed on, and I left... And... There's something I've been meaning to tell you ever since high school..." Radio said, brushing some of his mane out of his face. "So, in high school, I had a massive crush on you, right, and well... Ever since you left, I was kind of beating myself up about it, and well, those feelings have kind of... Come back, when I saw you on stage..." Radio confessed, trying not to blush.
"Huh... Well, I'm kind of glad you felt that way in school, seeings aswell... Um... I had those feelings too." Vinyl replied.
Radio was now fully blushing, unable to hide his emotions no longer, and it felt good.
"Well... Did you want to give it a shot? Or... You know, we could still be frie-" Radio was cut off by a long kiss, the mare he once loved, and still wants, connected to him, and he felt that it was the happiest day of his life. They sat there in silence after that, blushing furiously, unable to talk. Radio wanted more, but he just couldn't, it would make things so akward, but then again, they were good friends, and Radio knew he wanted more. He leaned in slowly, but instead of kissing, he wrapped himself around her, holding her close, whispering in her ear.
"I... I love you... You are the most beautiful thing, I've ever sat next to, and I don't want this moment to ever end." Radio whispered.

-THUMP, WOOSH, SMACK-

"Hello Vinyl, how was your day..." Octavia said, bursting through the door, obviously tired, not noticing the embrace before her.
"Uh... It was... Great? Look, Octavia, maybe you should visit some other time?" Vinyl said, trying not to offend Octavia.
"Um... Hi there, Miss Octavia, I've heard your peices before, I must say, they are lovely..." Radio chimed in.
"Oh dear, I didn't know you had a guest, looks like the two of you are good friends?" Octavia asked, confusion spreading across her face.
"Uh... He's an old friend, high school, we go way back." Vinyl said quickly.
"Oh, then I shouldn't interupt, I'll see you back at the house." Octavia said, before leaving quietly.
"So... Uh... Hug again?" Vinyl said, with a slight chuckle.
Radio needed no more invitation, as he wrapped himself around Vinyl again, slightly adding some force, and pushing her down, with her back on the couch.

"I'm sor-" Radio was cut off by another long kiss, this time, Vinyl poked his lips with her tongue, and at that, Radio acted on instinct alone, as he opened his lips and slid his tongue into Vinyl's mouth, wrapping it around hers, holding her close, while playing games with each others tongues. After a while, they broke the kiss.
"I missed you so much, I sat up most nights in college, wishing you were with me. Why didn't you go? I missed you so much, and I never got a chance to show my true feelings..." Vinyl asked, her eyes beggining to tear up.
"I was never one for learning, so I just decided not to go, I'm sorry, but I still continued to love you, infact, I kept a picture of you with me for the whole time, and infact, I think I put a spare on Knot's coffin, to remind him that we will be in his hearts." Radio replied. "But just remember this now, I love you, and I will never leave you again."
"Radio, I want you to stay with me tonight, we'll just hug, hold each other close... Please, infact, move in with me, I doubt you have a home here, so why not move in?" Vinyl said, holding Radio close, keeping each other warm, like penguins in the Antarctic.
"That is a fantastic idea, I hope we can be happy together, just the two o-"
"Three, Tavi lives with me, we've been roomies since college, so, yeah, three." Vinyl cut in. "That doesn't bother you, doesn it?"
"Not in the slightest, really, us being together is all I want, nothing more, I don't care if we have one other, or twenty, just as long as we are close, I wouldn't trade it in for anything." Radio said, nuzzling Vinyl's neck.
"Radio, I want to hug all night, just shut up, ok?" Vinyl said. "I hope you don't mind, but I want us to be quiet for a while."
Radio nodded, and put out a sigh of releif, he'd thought she was going to do something or he was going to blow it for them.