• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 1,142 Views, 14 Comments

The Eyes of the Beholder - BrinnyTheBrave



Barbara has a crush on Elusive, and it's a secret to nobrony. But will she confess her secret and can the mane 6's friendships survive through this newfound relationship?

  • ...
6
 14
 1,142

Chapter 6

"Now doesn't that look simply stunning?" Elusive said, his eyes sparkling with pride at Barbara's new dress. It was a lavender gown that matched the colour of her purple scales. "Spin around, darling!" Barbara did as told and spun on her platform, admiring the back of her gown in the mirror.

"Elusive, it's… it's beautiful! I can't believe you did this for me!" Barbara squeed.

"Oh it was nothing, dear!" The white stallion nuzzled the baby she-dragon.

"Heheh, awe geez."

"Just you wait, you'll be the belle of the ball!"~

"I don't know about that, there's mares way prettier than a scaly freak like me." Barbara hung her head sadly.

"Why ever would you say such a hurtful thing, dear?!" Elusive gasped.

"Because it's true! I'm not beautiful and strong like Macareina, or elegant like Glimmer Shield, or mmmf--!!" Barbara's berating was met with a white muzzle kissing her own little snout. The heavenly feeling lasted for about a minute. When Elusive broke the kiss, he held her chin firmly in his hoof.

"Never say such things again. I believe you are more beautiful than any mare I've seen. You are unique. You are a sexy creature. And if I do say so myself, not many stallions can say they are lucky enough to date a dragoness." Barbara blushed at the compliments, especially since they were coming from Elusive.

"Elusive?" Barbara asked. They loved each other. They were going to the dance. Elusive had made her a dress. Elusive had kissed her. She had to be sure. She needed to know if they were now official.

"Yes, dearest?"

"Are… are we--" Barbara was cut off by the door to the boutique being thrown open. Apple Jack stood in the doorway panting heavily.

"Uh… " Apple Jack hadn't thought about what he was going to say when he got there. Now he felt like an idiot as he was clearly interrupting something. He cleared his throat.

"Hello? May I help you?" Elusive called from the back. He came out to the front of the store. "Ah, Apple Jack! How wonderful to see you! You look a little flustered."

"Uhuhm… Ah was told Barbara would be here." AJ grinned sheepishly. Elusive raised an eyebrow at this, why Apple Jack would need to speak to Barbara so urgently was beyond him, but nevertheless, he went to the back.

"Barbara, Apple Jack is here. He says he wants to see you." Elusive said.

"AJ?" Barbara wondered aloud. Why did he need to see her? It must be something important. She undid and took off her gown and walked to the front.

"Hey Barbs!" Apple Jack smiled when he saw her. "Uh… sorry if y'all were busy, but can Ah borrow ya for just a minute?"

"Sure. Elusive, you don't need me right now, do you?"

"No dear, the shop is rather quiet." Elusive smiled.

Dear? Apple Jack bristled. 'Nah, yer being silly. Elusive calls everyone that.'

"Alright, well. Be back real quick!" The baby dragoness followed the orange stallion outside. "What'd ya need me for AJ? Are you okay?" Then the dragon noticed something seemed off with the earth pony stallion. "You don't look so well…"

"Listen, Barbs. Ah… Ah mean… well. What Ah've been meaning to ask ya is… will you… go with me to the… Hearth's Warming Prance?"

Barbara's eyes widened and she thought she might just faint again.