• ...
1
 26
 1,368

Chapter 3 - Not Ginger?!

The Dalek stood in the spotlight, its red cocktail dress diffracting the light off the surface of many sequins. Such grace the Doctor had never seen before in a species designed from its very genetic code up to kill, but graceful the Dalek was. Soon the band began to play and a Cyberman, wearing the most expertly cut tuxedo, approached the lone Dalek.

"Would you do me the honour of having this dance?" The Cyberman asked in a tinny voice, nervously playing with the back of his helmet with one of his large steel gauntlets.

"The honor would be all mine!" replied the Dalek, its voice reverberating as it echoed around the chamber.

Soon the Doctor found himself clapping with applause and jumping up and down on the spot, hollering like a mad-man at the sight of such a graceful dance couple. As the pair continued to dance he soon realized that the dance looked familiar. Of course the Tango, the passionate dance of love.

The dance ended and the Doctor was hollering at the top of his voice, jumping up and down his weight was taken by the barrier separating the circle of seats . Sadly the particular section of barrier had apparently been neglected by the maintenance crew and soon it was shaking. The Doctor didn't notice, and when he was falling the only thought in his head was still that amazing, if strange Tango. He was still thinking of it when his head hit the floor.

-x-

The Doctor was alive, despite what had happened he was alive. There were two feelings which confirmed this; first his head was pounding like a drum, pain didn't exist if you were dead. At least that is what he assumed. The second, there was a strange tingling all over his body, as if he was infused with a dangerous energy that would explode out of him if he was still for even a single second.

Of course if a Human had that feeling they probably would explode, since that feeling would most likely be coming from a large amount of electricity flowing through their body. For a Time Lord that got that feeling however, it meant something differently entirely, it meant regeneration.

He slowly opened his eyes, a soft light drifting through the crack in the eyelids. Soft light was good, Time Lords were known to be extremely photosensitive soon after regeneration. Something about the photons messing with the massive quanta's of energy flowing through the brain.

The first thing the Doctor saw with his new eyes was rainbow hair, rainbow hair? He shot upright in bed, rainbow hair meant multiple colours; multiple colours meant maybe ginger. The Doctor loved where this was going. Sadly he failed to hear the "Hey!" as he shot out of bed, so he was disappointed when he looked at the hair on his head in a nearby mirror. Brown! Always brown, every single regeneration brown. 'Couldn't the universe throw me a different colour occasionally,' he thought to himself.

He was so distraught with having brown hair he completely missed all the other changes. He turned around and saw the source of his confusion, "You!" he screamed turning on Rainbow. "You have the audacity to wake me and then the gall to trick me into thinking I might have ginger hair. Shame on you" he chided the confused mare.

She was just floating in midair her mouth open when the strange pony spoke again. This time his features suddenly a lot calmer. "Oh well no harm done. Which way is the door?"

Still stunned it was all she could do to point with her hoof and say "there," indicating towards the stairs.

With a quick "thanks," the Doctor walked over to the steps before pausing mid step at the top of the case. "Wait a minute..." her rushed back over to where Rainbow was still floating. "You're a pony?" she nodded, "and you can speak?"

The sudden, somewhat insulting question broke her out of trance, "Well duh. What do you expect? Not as if I'm a rabbit or swamp toad. Besides of course I can speak, I mean you can speak can't you?"

"I am not a pon..." the Doctor began to say before falling quiet, he remembered something else about his reflection that had seemed a bit off. "No no no no no no," he said as he rushed over to the mirror. "But that's impossible, I can't be equine, I can't. Time Lords are humanoids, always have been."

"Time what?" Rainbow asked. "Look, buddy, you must've hit your head pretty badly, you're a pony, not a Time whatever you said."

The Doctor looked at the mare, backing away he muttered himself, "This is not possible."

Rainbow giggled at the craziness of the scene, the pony must have really hit his head, however her eyes widened when she saw what was about to happen. "Look out," she cried, but it was too late. The Doctor tripped and fell down the stairs that he had been backing towards.