• Published 25th Jan 2016
  • 3,020 Views, 93 Comments

Angelic Vampire - kurusagi16



Vampires are feared among the ponies of the rural villages. There is one vampire who is different from the others however. She's a hybrid, half vampire half pegasus, and her name is Fluttershy

  • ...
12
 93
 3,020

Heart All Aflutter

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long! I'll try to hurry a little bit with the next chapter, enjoy!

Heart All Aflutter




The first thing Fluttershy did as soon as she got back to the villa was lock herself in her bedroom and bury herself under the covers. She didn't want to come out of her room for as long as she lived. They'd seen her. The ponies who'd been her friends had seen her vampire side. She couldn't believe how stupid she'd been to have allowed them to see her like that. And to make matters worse, there was that dead body that had somehow ended up in the alleyway. They'd probably blame her for it and think she was the one who killed that poor pony. They'd hate her. They'd never want to be her friend again. She'd betrayed her father's trust, and now by showing herself, he and Fluttershy would now have to move away. Someplace far from prying eyes. Fluttershy could never go out again, never see anypony else, never make anymore friends. It'd probably be for the best.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash soon made it back to the villa, and called out for Fluttershy, hoping to talk to her and get some answers.

"Fluttershy?!"

"Hey! Where are you?!" They searched the villa and came at last to Fluttershy's bedroom. Twilight knocked loudly on the door.

"Fluttershy? Are you in there?!" she asked.

"Sob! Go away, please." said Fluttershy through her crying. Twilight tried to open the door but found it was locked.

"Can't you open it with one of your spells?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I could, but that'd be rude." said Twilight, giving Rainbow a look. "We need to try and get her to come out on her own."

"And how are we supposed to do that?"

"Fluttershy, please come out!" said Twilight loudly for Fluttershy to hear. "We just want to talk to you."

"How do I know...sob...that's all you want to....sob...do?" asked Fluttershy in reply.

"You're gonna have to trust us." said Twilight. "We're your friends and all we want is to hear you're side of things. So please, open the door and let us in."

In her room, Fluttershy sat up and wiped the tears from her cheeks. She looked to the door and sniffed. Should she open it? Normally she tried to look at the better half of ponies, but after having herself revealed, she couldn't help but feel doubt. But...what if they really did just want to talk? Fluttershy got off her bed and slowly trotted to the door. She undid the lock and opened the door a crack.

"Alright." she said with a sniff. "You can come in."

"Thank you, Fluttershy." said Twilight, entering into the bedroom. Rainbow Dash followed Twilight inside. Fluttershy sat back onto her bed and hugged her pillow close to her chest.

"Well, you wanted to ask me something, right?" she asked. "Then ask away."

"What we saw in the alley..." Twilight began. "Was that...?"

"Just so you know." said Fluttershy sadly. "I didn't kill that pony. He was there when I got there. I didn't do anything."

"We know." said Twilight.

"Huh?!" said Fluttershy in surprise. "Y-you mean...you knew I didn't do it?"

"Of course." said Rainbow Dash. "You're way too nice to do anything as grisly as kill somepony."

"Um, thanks. I think." said Fluttershy.

"But what we saw, those were vampire fangs, weren't they." said Twilight.

"...Yes, they were." mumbled Fluttershy.

"Then you're..." said Rainbow Dash.

"Yes, I'm...I'm a vampire." said Fluttershy. Rainbow and Twilight gasped.

"That's so awesome!" cried Rainbow Dash. "What's it like? Are you super strong? Is blood really tasty to you guys or do you not notice?"

"I don't drink blood." said Fluttershy timidly. "I'm different from other vampires. I'm a hybrid." It was Twilight's time to get excited as she inched closer to Fluttershy and fired off a plethora of questions.

"No way, a hybrid?! I never thought I'd get to see one up close! What kind of powers do you have? Was your mother a vampire or was it your father? What do you drink for nourishment? What's your place in the vampire hierarchy?" Fluttershy clutched her pillow, becoming a bit overwhelmed. Luckily Rainbow Dash stepped in.

"Uh, Twi, I think you can take it back a bit." said Rainbow, pulling Twilight away. Twilight laughed nervously and rubbed her arm in embarrassment.

"Sorry about that." said Twilight. "I'm just really excited. I've read about hybrids, but you're completely different from the ones I read about."

"Papa likes to say that I'm special. That I'm proof of his and mama's love for each other." said Fluttershy, looking downward. "He'll be so upset to find out that I revealed myself to you girls."

"We won't tell anypony." said Rainbow Dash. "I mean, it's your secret right? So as your friends, we won't tell anypony else your secret."

"Rainbow's right." said Twilight. "We just want to make sense of what we saw and see if there's anything we can do to help you." Fluttershy looked at them, at a lose for words. They....they didn't hate her. They still wanted to be her friend. Fluttershy took a deep breath and calmly began to explain herself.

How her father, Alistair Alucard, moved to the New World with the other vampires hoping to find a fresh start. In time, he'd met her mother and the two fell in love and had her.

"After mama died." said Fluttershy. "Papa did his best to take care of me and protect me from anypony that might want to hurt me. When I got older, papa decided to start traveling and set up several business deals with ponies in order to help provide for me and keep me well fed. Everything he's done has been for my sake, and for that I'm grateful."

"Then, if you don't drink blood, what do you drink?" asked Twilight.

"I drink apples, or rather, their juices." said Fluttershy. "I need to drink a lot of them in order to stay healthy. I can be such a glutton at times."

"I think Rainbow Dash has you beat in the gluttony department." said Twilight.

"Hey!" cried Rainbow.

"I'm just joking!" said Twilight. "Though you do tend to pig out now and then."

"I don't 'pig out'....much." said Rainbow. Fluttershy squeezed her pillow even closer to her chest.

"Papa will be upset when he finds out about you two." she said. "Staying here with me will be no good for either of you." Twilight placed a hoof on Fluttershy and sat down beside her on the bed. Rainbow Dash sat down on the other side.

"We're not going anywhere." said Twilight.

"Y-you're not?" asked Fluttershy.

"Well duh! We can't just leave you all alone out here." said Rainbow. "What kind of friends would we be then? We'll stay here and keep you company until your dad gets back."

"But, but what about the important mission you girls were sent on? Won't I be hindering it if you're taking care of me?"

"We came to get information on the vampires and the cause of the recent attacks." said Twilight. "You and your father could be able to help us find with our mission. That is, if you want to."

"I do, I do want to help." said Fluttershy. "Papa might be a little hesitant at first, but I'm sure he'll want to help too."

"Until then, we'll help look out for you." said Rainbow Dash.

"You don't need to worry anymore." said Twilight. Fluttershy's eyes started to well up once more, and she cried again. Twilight and Rainbow Dash moved in and gave her a comforting hug, as Fluttershy freely cried in their embrace. These weren't tears of sadness though, they were tears of happiness. Happiness for being accepted by her friends, fangs and all.


"Well, how did it go?" asked Eldra. "That little wretch didn't irritate you too much, did she?" Discord had reappeared in the room of the inn and clenched his fists as he gave Eldra a cold look.

"You knew didn't you?" asked Discord. "Fluttershy isn't any ordinary vampire, is she?" Eldra smirked.

"So, you've finally noticed." she said. "Indeed, my dear niece is a special case. She's a hybrid vampire, born from both pony and vampire. A loathsome abomination in any society, vampire or pony." Discord gritted his teeth, feeling angered at Eldra for calling Fluttershy an abomination.

"I may not be able to harm you now." said Discord icily. "But one of these days, you'll regret using me as your tool." Eldra let out a cackle and looked at him as if he were a naive foal.

"Good luck with that." she said. "Now go until I need you again." Discord did as she said, much to his annoyance and teleported outside and sat up on the roof of the inn. His eagle claw scratched into the roof in anger, itching to do something to wipe the smugness off of that mare's face. When he'd agreed to partner up with her, it seemed like an interesting idea at the time, but now he was tired of her. He still steamed over the fact that she'd called Fluttershy a wretch and an abomination. That Pegasus was further from being any of those things. She was sweet, kind, thoughtful, beautiful...

Discord blinked. Beautiful? Where'd that come from? Where'd all that nonsense come from. He was used to thinking up nonsense mind you, but not of this kind. But it was true. Fluttershy was all those things and more. It seemed a shame for somepony like her to be wrapped up in all this business with Eldra and the rest of her vampire minions. Discord thought about the time he had spent with Fluttershy, how happy she'd been, and how scared she was in the alleyway. He conjured up the half-drained apple he'd picked up. 'A hybrid huh?' Discord's body felt warmth as he thought of the sweet Pegasus, his chest getting a little ba-bump feeling. Discord placed his paw on his heart. 'No. Oh no, it couldn't be...I can't be!' he thought. He pitched back his arm and threw the apple as far as he could, watching as it disappeared from his sight.

"As much as I hate my situation, I can't forget what I was summoned for." said Discord. "I can't give into weakness, or that Pegasus' kind little gestures." 'It'll be best for both of us for we to forget that little feeling. It'll be no good for either of us.'