• Published 25th Jan 2016
  • 3,009 Views, 93 Comments

Angelic Vampire - kurusagi16



Vampires are feared among the ponies of the rural villages. There is one vampire who is different from the others however. She's a hybrid, half vampire half pegasus, and her name is Fluttershy

  • ...
12
 93
 3,009

The Battle

The Battle



Eldra felt positively exhilarated. Not only was she about to crush her big brother and his pure blood friends, but she was about to create a new order in the New World. One in in which vampires were the dominant race, with her as its supreme leader. She couldn't stop grinning at the thought of it. All the pieces seemed to be falling into place.

"Drake!" she called. Drake rushed to her side. "Are the preparations complete?"

Drake nodded. "Yes, I've seen to them myself. Though, it appears as though we've lost quite a number of vampires from the retaliation of the pure bloods."

"That's of no concern." said Eldra snidely. "It doesn't matter how many we've lost, all that matters is attacking them with as much feral power as possible. Those pure blood snobs think they're better than everypony, because of their special skills, but they've long grown soft from not using them and attempting to befriend other ponies."

Drake said nothing, but merely nodded in agreement with her. "But Eldra, are you sure that it'll work?"

"But of course." said Eldra with a sly grin. "Why wouldn't it?"

"What if the pure bloods are stronger than our forces, they could--"

Drake was silenced, as Eldra backed him up against a nearby wall, giving him a hard look. "It will work." she hissed. "And don't you dare doubt that."

"I won't." said Drake. "Now will you kindly back away from me?"

Eldra smiled seductively. "I don't know, maybe I will, after you beg me to."

Drake rolled his eyes, and pushed Eldra's arms away as he continued to trot down the hall. Under his breath he muttered. "Sometimes, I swear..."

Eldra giggled. 'He's so cute when's he's like that.' she thought, and followed close after him.


"There it is!" cried Alistair. "Just up ahead!" He pointed a hoof out the window toward the mountains that loomed before them. Tall, jagged peaks, surrounded by tall dark pine trees and a large clearing at its base. Alistair turned to Twilight and Rainbow Dash and spoke to them in a tone of utmost seriousness. "You two, stay here until I give the word. And this time, please do as I say."

"So we wait, you give the word, and we go find Fluttershy." Twilight clarified. Alistair gave a nod.

"Precisely."

"You can count on us." said Rainbow Dash confidently.

The carriages pulled to a stop, and all the pure bloods stepped out, trotting in the direction of the clearing, led by Alistair, Scarlet, and Phobos. As they entered, they could see Eldra and her army coming toward them. They stopped a good distance away from each other as Eldra and Alistair faced each other.

"I've come Eldra, now, where is my daughter?" asked Alistair.

Eldra gave him a cruel, coy smile. "Ah yes, my niece. I'm sorry to say she won't be joining us, dear brother. She wasn't quite well after last you saw her, so I made sure to put her down to rest."

Hatred burned in Alistair's eyes. All these games that Eldra had insisted on playing, it was driving him over the edge. "What did you do?!" he demanded.

Eldra laughed, as though he'd just told her a hilarious joke. Once she composed herself enough she spoke in a cold, sadistic tone. "It must be tiring, Alistair, having to keep an eye on all the New World vampires here, but rest assured, I'm happy to take over for you. It would be for the best."

"Over my dead body." he growled.

Eldra grinned. "But of course, if that is what you wish. I would never dare go against one of your wishes dear brother." She stood up tall, her hungry minions ready to attack at her command. "I've enjoyed our game very much Alistair, but now I think it's time to put an end to it, once and for all."

"On that, I think we can both agree on." said Alistair lowly.

"Then let us begin." said Eldra. She motioned for her army to charge, and they did so.

"Now!" cried Alistair, he, the pure blood, and the Magisters (who made aerial attacks) clashed together, beginning the battle.


"How do we know when he gives the signal?" asked Rainbow Dash.

Twilight shrugged. "I guess we'll know when it happens." she replied.

Then, the silence was broken, as the sounds of fighting and Ponies crying out rang through the air. Rainbow turned to Twilight.

"Think that's our cue?" she asked.

"I guess." said Twilight, not entriely sure.

"Then let's go!" cried Rainbow Dash, galloping out of the carriage.

"Hey! Wait for me!" called Twilight.

The two of them stayed close to the trees, doing their best not to be seen. They carefully edged their way around the clearing, watching the battle from the underbrush and the shadows of the trees. The half breed vampires clawed and bit at the pure bloods, only to get pushed back by them as if they were nothing. But what the half breeds lacked in strength, they made up for in numbers. Because soon they stopped trying to attack one at a time. and instead swarmed over them like rats. Some took to the air and attempted to attack the magisters, only to be subdued by their magic. A few bloodcurdling screams sounded as the two opposing forces began to kill off some of the fighters.

"Whoa, that looks pretty intense." said Rainbow Dash.

Twilight nodded in agreement. "Let's go, we need to see where they might be keeping Fluttershy."


Scarlet sliced off the head of two half breeds, their bodies falling to the ground with heavy thuds. But as she focused on the vampires in front of her, she didn't notice one sneaking up behind her, and lunging out to pounce on her.

Phobos saw this and called out to warm her. "Scarlet!"

Before the vampire could attack her however, a beam of light shot him and knocked him onto the ground unconscious. Scarlet gazed upward at Magister Celestia, and gave a small respectful smile before returning to the battle at hoof. Blood and bodies spilt to the ground, and still the fighting continued. The ones who fought with such ferouscity and such passion, were Alistair and Eldra. Changing their fight between the ground and the sky, they would strike each other, both siblings wishing to see the other one dead.

"I see you've improved." remarked Alistair.

"You'd be surprised what you can pick up back in the Old World, Alistair." replied Eldra. She lunged toward him, only to have him throw her onto the ground. She got back up before he could pin her down, searching for a good weak spot to hit at.

"Do you truly feel nothing, Eldra?" questioned Alistair, dodging her with lighting fast reflexes.

"What do you expect me to say, brother? That I regret all that I've done? That I feel bad about what I've done to you and you're pathetic family? Ha! Don't make me laugh."

Alistair gave a guttural growl, using the hook on his bat wing, he attempted to cut her, merely grazing her face. The two flew to the air, circling one another over the clearing like vultures.

"Why Eldra? Why do you hate me so much?" he asked.

"Because." answered Eldra, giving him a hard glare as she smiled. "You were asking to be hated. The way everypony treated you, showed you such admiration, and in such a nauseating display. How could I not ate you. I've long wanted to see you, fallen and broken, your heart in pieces. And I came quite close to, not long before the night I left."

Alistair looked at her skeptically. "What are you talking about?"

Eldra smirked. "How do you think those villagers knew about you two in the first place?"

Alistair's eyes widened. "No." he breathed.

"Yes." said Eldra nodded. "I told them about your wretched wife and how she was pregnant. I even paid her a little visit after she went into labor." her eyes flickered with malice. "Would you like to know what I did?"

Alistair said nothing, too shaken to speak, but Eldra continued. "After I killed the midwife who helped her deliver, I found her in her room, praising over the little miracles she'd given birth to."

"Miracles?" uttered Alistair.

"Oh yes. It seems that your wife gave birth not to one, but two brats. Twins! Imagine that."

"I...I have another child...?"

"Had." corrected Eldra. "I wanted the hag to suffer worse than just death, so what better way than to take one of her new born babies and tell her of your plan to kill it?"

Alistair's pale face was red, his face contorted into one of absolute wrath as Eldra hovered their, laughing. "She begged and pleaded me to give the baby back, but she was already left so weak from the labor that there was nothing she could do to stop me." She then asked him. "So Alistair, how does it feel to know that you not only failed to protect your wife and daughter, but the little baby you never knew as well?"

That was the last straw. Alistair flew at Eldra in a blind rage. She laughed as he attacked her, seeking to tear her apart limb from limb. With every ounce of his being, he wanted to send her to the depths of Tartarus, where she'd burn for all her unforgivable and horrid actions. Eldra merely retained her wicked smile, confident, that she was leading him exactly where she wanted him.


Not far from them, watching a distance, was they cloaked pony with the bit of red mane sticking out from his hood. As he watched the fight, he turned his attention away from them and toward the Unicorn and Pegasus who were heading in the direction of where Eldra was keeping Fluttershy. He smiled to himself. There were only a few more things left to carry out, and soon, his work would be done. Soon, all his careful planning, would come to fruition. Silently, he followed close behind the girls, hidden within the shadows.

Author's Note:

I hope I added enough action for you guys.

Also, I'm hoping that one of you, the readers, will be interested in making some fan art for me to use as the cover art of this story. You will be credited. And I'd like to see what kind of work you guys have. Note: Will need URL in order to post as cover.