• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 2,472 Views, 43 Comments

a nightmare of a fiasco - CasperSantiq



dusk shine doesn't enjoy anything other than a good book and seeing his trusted assistant barb, the last thing he needs is a mare in his life.

  • ...
14
 43
 2,472

Why can't I feel my heart?

Author's Note:

I LIED!

p.s. HOW DO YOU PUT THE ` OVER THE E?!!!

The party was in fuil swing at the Sparkle residence, all but three inhabitants were enjoying the revelry. Dusk Shine, Twilight Velvet, and his Grandmother, Starlight Sparkle sat at the edge of the party, watching impassively.

"Mother, What happened to me?" Dusk looked to Twilight Velvet.

Twilight looked down at her son, curiosity flickered across her eyes. "What do you mean, sweety?" She smiled and pulled him in for a hug. "Your a perfectly healthy young colt, and I coulnd't be more proud of you if I tried. You're the personal protege of the Prince, you should enjoy your party!" With a light nudge, she tried to get him to join the rest of them.

Just sitting there, Dusk looked back to her, no emotion even flickered through him. "I can't feel it anymore."

Twilight's smile dropped, a tap on her shoulder from Starlight kept her from speaking further. The older mare rose from her seat and took a few steps over to Dusk. gazing deeply into his eyes, she said "What do you speak of, young one?"

"M-my heart... I don't feel it... I don't have a pulse, but i'm alive. Why?" fear and sadness began to creep into his voice and tears shimmered around his eyes. "I don't feel compasion and-and I don't feel happieness, just... like I have a pit in my chest and I can't fill it anymore. It's been getting worse since I was three, only every now and then I would feel a beat, like my heart was trying to beat. but now It is wholy silent since I was chosen by Prince Solaris."

The mares looked to eachother before sighing hevily. Starlight spoke. "You have the curse we carry. It was only meant to be partialy lifted when we find our "true love" so to speak, your mother has her companion, but it was only meant for the mares of our lineage. It takes the beat of your heart and deadens it to the world around, cutting your emotions and compasion. But, the mage who cursed us also had told our ancestor of a way to lift it from our family for ever. A stalion of our line would take the curse of the wanderer and cause great change... but at the cost of his heart. The mage said, "Once he falls in love, and knows the pain of a broken heart four fould, shall the curse be lifted." young stallion, you shall carry the pain of our lineage four fold upon your back, but remember, we will always be here for you." Starlight patted Dusk on his withers and nodded to her daughter. "We must allow this to pass or risk the curse deepening. just try not to let the deamon from your fathers side take you under."

current time, Castle of the two Sisters.

We were covered in sweat and the room smelled of our colective... activites. I was huffing into her neck, huggin her barrel as her wings wrapped around me. Nightmare was practically purring with pleasure after our fith go, her armor lying off to the side of the bed like discarded laundry. "Ooohhhh, Dusk. Thou art the perfect stallion a mare could ask for. Our children shall be gods, and nopony shall ever take Thou from Us." Lunas color had been flikering through the past few hours as we had romped, staying longer and longer as time passed, now it looked like somepony had just thrown a few splotches of black paint on her.

I huffed for a few more seconds before finnaly catching my breath, lifting my head to meet her loving gaze. "I've been told by my grandmother that the four mares that could make my heart beat would rip it to shreds. Please... just please don't hate me after this." my heart stutteder and died again as I rolled off her causing me to cough and stagger against the wall. "Ooohh, I didn't expect that to happen so quickly." I felt the cold radiate back out from where my heart had been. The feelings I had felt, blown away in a matter of seconds, replaced by the cold logic that had been so adament through out my life.

Nightmare looking at me from the bed with confusion and fear in her eyes. "What dost thou speaketh of paramour, we would never dare betray thine heart!" She got out and trotted close to me.

The seconds that she had spent talking to me, I had readied myself. The hours we had spent together I had finaly found where the darkness had been aethericaly flowing from, isolating the magical frequency to cut and drain it. As she neared me, I shifted back to my darker form, making her pause mometarily. I lunged before she could move, my teeth tearing into the darkness still lingeing within her. Using all my strength, I pulled on that font, drawing it into me and scouring it from her body. She began to struggle and try to dislodge ne from her neck, using her hooves and wings as I latched further on her with my forelegs and straddleing her hips.

Her struggleing tore apart the room, upending the desk and wrecking the bed already worn from earlier, destroying the door as she launcher us at it in a last dich attempt at getting me off. As I drainded the last of the Nightmares power, We hit the first stone stair. I immediatly let go of her and began to try and stop my desent into the stairwell, failing to do so. We fell for what felt like an hour till she met the door first, then I fell on top of her, shattering the frail wood to splinters. I rolled out to the middle of what I thought to be the throne room, dawns light filtering in through the few stained glass windows

The blood pooling around my body felt rather cold... and the princess as I noticed was still over by the door frame... which meant that the splinter in my chest hadn't been just my heart breaking. I noticed the blackness around the edge of my eyes creeping in as I lay my head onto the cold marble, blood following the contour of my neck. I heard the clop of hooves comming through the hall, who knows from which direction at this point. I laughed to myself, knowing that I had yet to finish breaking the curse for my family.

this

is

t

h

e

...