• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 2,463 Views, 43 Comments

a nightmare of a fiasco - CasperSantiq



dusk shine doesn't enjoy anything other than a good book and seeing his trusted assistant barb, the last thing he needs is a mare in his life.

  • ...
14
 43
 2,463

just when everything was going fine.

I had barely been a prince for three minutes and I had already been ponynapped. 'Well... that could have been a bit less dramatic, but good enough. I kinda expected Chr-' I was promptly dumped onto the floor by the stallion, the fall jolting my thought process. Rarity and Pinkie both siding up along side him and whispering conspiratorially. I decided to just ignore them due to the fact that either the guards, Luna, or another party would find us here. For now, I decided to put my Eternal Dusk side to use.

As I shifted, I noticed that the mares and stallion had stopped talking and were now focused entirely on me. I smiled at them and dissolved into shadow, leaving the ring and other restraints there. I of course didn't have to rely on the emotion based magic of dark magic since I couldn't feel until the curse was lifted, hence the reason as to why I was unswayed by it thus far. I recoalesced into my physical form in order to open the door, leaving the trio there flabbergast. I shifted back to normal in the hall, noting that I was just a few doors away from the I quickly dropped my second form before the door closed, making sure to walk along like nothing had gone on.

The fact that they had the audacity to ponynap me had surprised me, since the fact that they had done so right at my wedding was nearly unimaginable. Apparently one of them was a stalker of mine. Some how, after I had become Solaris' apprentice I had found that I had a fan club of sorts, they would often try to swarm me when ever I would go outside for supplies. I was thankful of the guard detail that he would often send out with me. back when he was a he, after all. 'I just wish I could feel anything at this point. it gets a little monotonous every now and then.'

One of my most devout of my fans had dressed herself up into a wedding dress and had a priest outside of my parents house, telling them about how we had apparently bee dating for a few months and I had popped the question as it were. Fat chance. Thankfully my mother had seen through the lies and was just entertaining the cerulean mare, playing with her. Apparently her name had been something like 'The great and wonderful... something or other'.

I continued down the hall till I came across the kitchens, a warm blast of air coming out of the service doors followed by a server pony carrying a tray of hors d'oeuvres'. I quickly ducked out of his way and made my way inside, seeing the head chef slamming around pots and yelling in Sheetlandish at his underlings. The only creature in this castle that could bring Anything remotely related to a smile to my face was the damn near necromantic way he dealt with those who displeased him. Of course, he claimed to be part necromancer every now and then to keep up the jig.

I quickly and quietly made a sandwich, hiding in the corner of the room where I knew no one would look. I was siting there, bored, while the bustle of the kitchen allowed me to just try and make sense of all of what had just happened. One, the ponies from that town had made it to Canterlot in less time than would seem possible. Two, I was now being passive aggresively being hated on by my teacher, whom had feelings towards me. Three, I had a feeling that the curse would ruin everything in the next few hours if I had any idea as to how it worked. 'With how it happened in the past, I'm sure that it will...' I thought darkly. 'I know for a fact that it definitely wasn't Princess Luna I had fallen for. This will complicate the plan...'

A cleaver sliced through my sandwich, making two triangles, the way I told the head chef not to. The way he still cut it to this day. the way he just cut it in front of me. It was a matter of practicality to me. 'Why cut something that teeth could rend just as easily?' "Aye, Laddy? What's got ye in me kitchen, eh?"

Chef Baa Ram was giving me a rather interesting look. "Yae gonna stain me kitchen with such dribble laddie? Juss gonna Shite on me perfect record? Aye?!" Faster than I could react, my sandwich was snatched away from my field and thrown into the trash. he quickly turned around and cobbled together the same exact sandwich I had made, but added more to it before shoving it into the space where the previous one was held, somehow staying in my telekinesis.

I looked from the sandwich and him a few times. "I will never understand you and your need for perfection." I shrugged and began to eat, Baa Ram rolled his eyes and went back to his post. I continued to eat as the kitchen resumed its natural rhythm, the head chef yelling back and forth between dishes that were being brought out to where the reception was to be held. Or at least where I thought the reception would be held.

I followed the next server out into the hall, staying just far enough away to not have to make him nervous. It took a minute or two to get to the hall, nearly no one was there and the servers were busy making sure that all the food was in order. There at the top of a raised platform, in a chair that was meant for Luna, sat Chrysalis. She was obviously sad for some reason or other, she was looking longingly at the seat next to her. I could barely hear her, the multi tonal sound of her voice distorting her words a bit.

"Why didn't I just take him like I wanted to?..." She raised a hoof to stroke the table cloth.

I teleported next to her, making her yelp and jump out of the chair. "I hope you like the design." I looked down at Chrysalis, my heart palpitating. "You still give me a little love to go on don't you?" She blushed green and scuttled away before I could say anything else.

As Chrysalis ran out the doors a guard and the rest of the party that I had left began to file in. As soon as Luna set her eyes on me she teleported over. With a sweep of her wing, I was lifted unto an embrace that would leave an earth pony infirm. "Oh, how you gave mine heart a fright! We forbidist thou from e'er leaving Mine side again!" Thankfully the sound of my spine shattering forced her to drop me like the sack of rocks I had bought to study the formation of geodes. "Oh, We forgot thine fragile body! Sorry Our husband, We forget Our own strength!"

As soon as I was on the floor, I was wrapped in another light that repaired the damage, allowing me to stand again. "Now that you two are reunited, we can finally finish this! Ugh, auntie I hope you enjoy your present from me, I tried to tailor it to your needs due to the fact that you were out there for a thousand years." Blueblood walked around Celestia and sat next to me, forcing Celestia to sit next to her sister thankfully.

Author's Note:

Nod out to Ram Sea, the best chef out there.