• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 313 Views, 2 Comments

Pirate's Life for Scoots - Trinket334



Captured by the clutches of a clockwork army, Scootaloo and Silver Spoon must take the path of pirating to make their way back home to Equestria. But much awaits for them, including...the truth.

  • ...
 2
 313

Enter Captain Avery

Chapter 4: Troggy Trouble

Meanwhile in Ponyville

It was a bright and sunny morning in Ponyville, not one cloud in the sky. The birds were singing, the sun was gleaming down on the small village, and the fillies and colts were galloping merrily to school. With a BING-BANG from the school-bell, all the little foals were walking in their classrooms. Meanwhile in a familiar classroom, the teacher Ms. Cheerilee was checking the attendance as she continued to call out the names of her students.

"Pipsqueak?"

"Present, Ma'am!"

"PiƱa Colada?"

"Here!"

"Rainy Feather?"

"Here!"

"Red June?"

"Here!"

"Ruby Pinch?"

"Present!"

"Rumble?"

No response.

"Rumble?"

Still no response, it was then that the teacher looked uneasily. "That's strange." she mumbled. "Where is he? He hasn't been here for a while now. Anyway, Scootaloo?"

She continued on her attendance but no response.

"Scootaloo?"

Still no response. She then turned to the two ponies friend with the absent filly.

"Any reason why Scootaloo isn't here, girls?" Cheerilee asked.

"We haven't heard from her since last night." Apple Bloom reported uneasily. Cheerilee just shook the uneasy feeling and continued with attendance.

"Uh...Shady Daze"

"Here!"

"Silver Spoon?"

No response.

"Silver Spoon...?"

Still no response. The distressed teacher turned to the royalty of the students.

"Anything regarding your friend, Diamond Tiara?" Cheerilee asked the filly in distraught to which she only shrugged in response.

"Haven't heard from her since last night." she replied to her teacher.

"This is truly strange. So many children absent," she said in frustration. "Are you children certain you haven't ANY of them?" the classroom only nodded and shrugged in disappointment. And Cheerilee only has one question in all.

"What's going on? Surely it can't be a coincidence. What am I going to tell the parents about the disappearance of Silver Spoon, Scootaloo, Rumble, and...Archer?

Back in Skull Island

Scootaloo's P. O. V

Everything happened all so fast. One moment I was just practicing my stunts overnight, now without warning, I'm on the adventure of a lifetime with not my friends, but Silver Spoon. At least Diamond Tiara isn't here or I'll TOTALLY lose my mind. Even though she and DT are on the path of redemption, it's gonna be a LOOOOONG path to say the least, apparently now, we have all the time in the world, now...or worlds. Allot has happened in a short amount of time, like finally finding out that my family is made up of pirates. Only problem is, my mom is dead and my dad just...disappeared. Once more, I found out that my friend is my cousin, and my teacher is my stepsister. It's just TOO much to take in, but I'm sure I'll learn more about my family and this...revolution with the Armada.

Third Person P. O. V.

Starting off their adventure after escaping that accursed Armada ship, Scootaloo, and Silver Spoon followed their newest crewmate, Subodai to the doors of a mansion overseeing all of the Skull Island Fortress. Subodai knocked the door and sure enough a voice called them in.

They opened the door viewing a cluttered room with various antiques and knickknacks. These items must be artifacts from the worlds of the Spiral.

Standing in front of the group came an old man, in his possible 50's. The brown haired man was wearing a black triconed hat with a feather laying on it, a long emerald golden-trimmed trench-coat, black trousers and gentleman's stockings and shoes, and a white parrot resting on his shoulders. This man was CLEARLY an important one at best.

"Are you Captain Avery?" Scootaloo asked the old pirate.

"That I am dear," he responded back answering her question. "How may I help you all?"

"Well you see," she began. "We kinda escaped from the Armada, and a friend of mine, Boochbeard told me you would help out pirates in need of safety from the Armada."

"Oh, Boochbeard, that old so an' so," Avery sighed in exasperation. "So, you're on the run from the Armada are you?"

"Yes. We need help." Subodai implied.

"Unfortunately, Boochbeard left out one bit of detail regarding my services," Avery looked down at them "I run a pirate haven here, not a charity. If you want me to hide you from the Armada, You'll have to work for it."

"Pirates, there's always a catch." Silver Spoon mumbled, earning a glare from Subodai

"We will help any way possible, Avery." he says.

"Yeah! What do we do?" Scootaloo says elated in determination.

"One of my more...willful crewmen, a buccaneer named Fin stole my Jade Amulet from me. I need it back." he explained hesitantly.

"Sounds easy enough!" Silver Spoon says in relief. However, there's more.

"I wish I could say the same, But Fin fled to Skull Mountain and roused the Troggies. Now, they're bombarding us." Avery said as Scootaloo and Subodai glared once more at the little filly.

"What?" she said in confusion.

"You just HAD to say something didn't you?" Scootaloo muttered in complete agitation.

"Now, now, it's quite alright. If you can hold off the Armada, I'm sure you can hold off a few mere Troggies. Now then, to get my amulet back, you'll have to report to Chief Gunner Rigby at the West Bastion, he'll lead you to Skull Island." Avery encouraged.

"He's got a point." Scootaloo said.

"Remind me again why we're even doing this hunt?" Silver Spoon grimaced.

"Simple, if you want to be a pirate, you'll need a ship. Do this right and I'll give you one, you have my word and honor." Avery explained as he reached out his hand. "Do we have an accord?"

"...A what?" Scootaloo asked in confusion.

"My father used to play one." Silver Spoon implied unaware of what Avery is talking about.

"...Really?" Avery sighed in disbelief. "No, not accordion ACCORD. As in 'do we have a deal?"

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh..." the two fillies droned in understanding. "Yeah we have an accordion!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"Accord" Avery corrected.

"Whatever." and then they shook hands on it! (well...they shook hand and hoof on it.)

"Now, one least thing." Avery interjected. "Surely Boochbeard has taught you the ol' card attack method, yes?"

"He did. What about it?" Scootaloo retorted.

"Well, before you could brave Skull Mountain, you must receive a card of your own school," Avery then took out five cards, each one carrying different attack techniques.

"Five classes in total." Avery explained. "Which class are you?"

"Classes?" the little filly then turned to their silent crewman. "You never told us there were classes."

"You never asked." he said bluntly, resulting in the little filly shedding a single drop of sweat from the back of her mane.

"Now, now, before you take things out of hand, I will do the honors explaining you your classes." Avery intervened as he took showed the fillies the flags of the schools.

"You see young ones, there are five classes, that many pirates use to fight their enemies. Buccaneers are pirates that rely entirely on their strength and brute force to fight their way through victory. Musketeers are pirates who let only their guns do the talking, those who specialize in strategies in cannons and sharpshooting. Privateers are pirates who rally up their team to the brink of victory. And it's not only pirates that are Privateers, but the Spiral's greatest generals lead their teams to success. Swashbucklers are pirates and ninjas who would rely on speed, cunning, and agility to fight their enemies. Knowing the speed and agility of many other pegasai, I strongly recommend this class. And finally, Witchdoctors. They are pirates who would use only the power of hoodoo and magic to defeat their enemies."

While explaining, he also showed Scoots the school symbols.

Buccaneer Symbol: A huge blue sword crossed behind a red pirate flag.

Musketeer Symbol: An orange gun fuming in green smoke in the barrel of the gun.

Privateer Symbol: A yellow telescope crossed behind a blue ship wheel.

Swashbuckler Symbol: A purple dagger crossed behind a gold bloom.

Witchdoctor Symbol: A green voodoo doll stabbed with three purple pins.

"I am Buccaneer." Subodai replied as he raised his sword up as a mark of his brute strength and fearsome intimidation.

"So there you have it, pirate." Avery inscribed. "Five classes, which class are you?.

Buccaneer, Musketeer, Privateer, Swashbuckler, and Witchdoctor...hmm. Some interesting classes, but I AM known for my speed and agility. So if there's one class that's perfect for me, it has to be...yes! I know just what class.

"I choose Swashbuckler." was the one thing she said.

"Splendid!" Avery beamed as all attention then turned to a certain quite and silver filly.

"What?" she asked nervously.

"And what'll be your class, my dear?" Avery asked her. The filly was all but hesitant on which class she needs to be. She just didn't know. So it was then that she pattered out her decision...to which she didn't have.

"Can you come back to me on that later? I don't know what class is best for me." she inscribed nervously.

"It's fine, dear. It's always difficult to figure out which class you fit in, on the first day. I'm sure you'll find your true calling soon. For now, my amulet?" Avery encouraged hastily reminding them about their quest.

"Oh yeah!" Scootaloo exclaimed completely forgetting the task at hand."If there isn't anything else, Subodai, Silver Spoon, let's go!"

Avery then gives the new Swashbuckler her new card, Sneak Attack, as well as a compass and finally, Silver Spoon and Subodai followed their captain out and leading to Skull Mountain.

"Good luck! Remember to bring it back to me!" Avery yelled from afar. "And don't you DARE replace it with a fake! It happens all the time, trust me, I know!"

Author's Note:

Silver Spoon: Do I have to?

Scootaloo: Whoooooooo's the captain here?

Silver Spoon: *sigh* fine. Pirate's Life for Scoots is a non-profit parody fanfic about 'Captain' Scootaloo on her adventure to find her family, AND a way back home to Equestria. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Pirate101 are owned and officiated by Hasbro Studios and Kingsisle Entertainment, NOT by mingler45567. Enjoy and Happy New Years.