• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 1,230 Views, 30 Comments

True Loyalty & Honesty - ThePegaKris



Not just one, but two of our heroes are feeling affectionate towards each other, and it's Rainbow Dash & Applejack! Will things go according to plan or will it all go south?

  • ...
7
 30
 1,230

Chapter 6: The Final Decision

Rainbow Dash was at the nail salon with Sci-Twi, Fluttershy, and Rarity. Even though it's not really the place that she goes to, she does enjoy both spending time with her friends and cozying up a bit. Everything was going fine, until she got alarmed by Rarity.
"How have you been, Miss Dash? You've done anything active today?"
"I...just went to go talk to our Crystal Prep friends. Nothing in particular..."
"Ah, I do miss them!" Twilight pointed out.
Rarity and Fluttershy raised their eyebrows in a funny manner, attempting to learn more from Rainbow Dash. She was weirded out by how they looked.
"Hey girls, can I...tell you something important? And please, don't spread it in school!"
"We promise," they all responded. Rainbow tells them to gather closer, then.
"I...love A.J., more than a friend...," she whispered. "We...also kissed affectionately."
The other three have finally confirmed it, but still, they needed to lay low. So they kept on pretending like they didn't know anything.
"Oh, that's...lovely, darling!" Rarity mentioned. "I'm sure she'll feel the same way about you!"
"Rarity's right," Fluttershy added. "You two have known each other for so long that it may be able to bring you even closer!"
"Maybe, but you know what, girls?" as Rainbow brainstormed. "I think I'm going to go talk to her after this."
"Done and done!" randomly said Aloe and Lotus Blossom. "We hope you enjoyed this treatment!"
"Thank you so much!" replied all four friends. They all shared their money and exited the salon.
After a special hair treatment and nail polishing, the four girls complemented each other's looks, but they all turned their attention to Rainbow Dash.
"You...are absolutely gorgeous, Rainbow Dash!" Rarity cheered. "You're definitely a real lady now!"
"Agreed!" said both Fluttershy and Sci-Twi. "So what do you want to do now?"
Dash blushed shyly. "Aww, thanks girls for inviting me! Well, I'm going to go meet Applejack now, so I'll see you later!"
"But where?" Rarity asked. "If you're really ready for this, then you might as well go to a secluded place, like near our school's front. No one, including Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna, is there to hear anything, so you should be fine, dearie!"
"It all depends on you," Twilight noted. "Now hurry, before the day ends and we all have to go back to school tomorrow!"
"You can do it, Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy cheered.
"I will and thank you all so much for everything! I'm glad you're my best friends and I'll never forget that!"
"We love you too!" as they all hugged.
Dash finally took off to Canterlot High. Meanwhile, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Sunset Shimmer, and Princess Twilight were still at A.J.'s house. Granny Smith came home after a long day at work.
"Hi gals! Make sure not to leave a darn mess up there or Applejack's going to do some extra bucking!"
"Eeyup," randomly said Big Macintosh.
"So...is there anything you need to go over once again?" asked Sunset. "I think you got this by now... Right Twilight?"
"Yes she does! Applejack, you're usually calm and that's a good thing! So, there's no need to be nervous when you tell Rainbow Dash once and for all."
"Absolutely!" Pinkie Pie added.
"Err, I sure hope this works, gals!" A.J. said. She took a deep breath and readied herself for one of the most emotional moments of her life. "I don't know what I could've done without y'all! I'm glad you're my best friends and I'll never forget that!"
"We love you too!" as they also hugged just like how Rainbow Dash did earlier.
"Wait, Applejack, don't forget this!" as Twilight brought out the special charm necklace. "Remember to tell her that this is a sign of your friendship, faith, and love from your heart!"
"I won't forget that! Thank y'all so much!" She took the necklace, but rather than asking Rainbow Dash to meet up with her, she got a phonecall. "R-Rainbow Dash??" Her friends gasped.
"Yeah, what's up A.J.? Listen... Do you mind if you can meet at Canterlot High, by the statue? I've got something important to say."
"Sure, I was going to ask you the same thing, but thanks for calling. I'll see ya later!"
"Awesome! Well, see you too!" They both hanged up and Applejack started to run off.
"Good luck!" her friends chanted. Sunset Shimmer now brought her phone out and started to remind all her best friends that it was time as they're all put on speaker.
"Listen up girls! They're heading back to school, so we must follow them again. Be sure to not get caught and find a good position to watch them."
"Got it!" the rest of them shouted. "Let's go!"
"Ooooh, I'm so nervouscited!" Pinkie yelled.
"Haha, Pinkie, that's not a real word," Rarity pointed out. All the girls hanged up and got ready to rush to their school. Only Spike stayed behind and Sweetie Belle finally appears. It turns out that Apple Bloom forgot that she let her sleep up in the attic.
"Have you seen my sister, Spike?"
"Your...beautiful sister?" he slipped up. "I mean...uhh, yeah! She just headed off to school."
"Aww, come on!!!" Sweetie Belle moaned.
Spike rolled his eyes while still afflicted with Rarity's attractiveness. Speaking of her, she and her friends finally reached their school and are attempting to spy on their two other best friends, who're already by the statue.
"Shh, they're here!" Sunset Shimmer said. "Everybody get down!" They all were crouching in a thick bush.
"Umm...do I have to be sat on?" Fluttershy asked while being cramped.
"Eh, sorry...Fluttershy, sweetie," Rarity added. "Once this is all done, we can all go back home now! Now...let them enjoy this moment. Here they come!"
Rainbow Dash and Applejack now meet once again and they hug each other like good friends.
"Good to see you, A.J.," Rainbow said. "You...want to just...talk?"
"Of course, pal! Also, isn't it kind of funny that we're doing this again in front of the whole school?"
"No kidding," Dash replied. "So, umm, what did you do today?" This made Applejack frightened and even her friends in the bush, too.
"Oh, I...was talking to the other gals," A.J. reluctantly answered.
"Is she trying to give us away?" both Twilights wondered. "Hey, I said that! Keep it down!"
"Do you hear something, Rainbow? It sounds like it's coming from over there in that bush." Both A.J. and R.D. went to take a look, but the other girls managed to sneak away. This time, they fled to the roof, which gave Sunset Shimmer more will to watch the two below.
"Ahh, must be my imagination again," said Applejack. "Anyways, I wanted to talk to you...about yesterday, Rainbow Dash."
"Same here."
"You see... Ever since we...smooched and admitted ourselves to each other, I think I'm ready...to be together with you. I want to give you this as a sign of my faith and love to you as a friend, which I'm pretty sure will turn into more than that." Applejack takes out the special charm necklace that Princess Twilight gave her earlier and puts it around Rainbow Dash's neck. They both heavily blushed.
"Wow, A.J.! This is...awesome! I appreciate this so much and...I would definitely be together with you too, but...I'm not...ready yet... I love you so much, but I...just can't do it!"
Applejack and the other girls dropped all of their jaws in shock as to what they've heard. Pinkie Pie almost fell off the school roof but pulled herself back up.