• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 1,230 Views, 30 Comments

True Loyalty & Honesty - ThePegaKris



Not just one, but two of our heroes are feeling affectionate towards each other, and it's Rainbow Dash & Applejack! Will things go according to plan or will it all go south?

  • ...
7
 30
 1,230

Chapter 3: Enlightenment

To her surprise, Rainbow Dash showed up at Sci-Twi's house. She was really happy to see her, but again, had no idea why she did come. Nonetheless, this could either be good or serious for these friends.

"What's up Twilight?" asked Rainbow Dash. "Can we...talk for a bit about something important? Oh by the way, hey Spike!"
"Ummm...sure!" she replied. "Come in. We were just about to leave and meet our friends, but I didn't expect you to be here."
"I was going to see them too, but something came up. I thought, maybe, you can help me with it?"
"I'll be glad to!" said Sci-Twi. "What's wrong?"
"I...think I'm in love with Applejack," Dashie replied. "My mind didn't think of that at first, but now, it does."
Twilight had no idea what to say. With time slowly ticking away, she had to think of something. She didn't want to see Rainbow Dash struggling at this point.
"As...friends, right?" she asked.
"No, it's more than that," Rainbow Dash admitted.
"I see." Twilight started to feel useful. "Since I was claimed to be the best at Crystal Prep, I did study & read a bunch of romance, so I'll give you all the advice you need!"
"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Twilight!" as Rainbow tightly hugs Sci-Twi. "You really are a great friend!"
"You're...wel...come!" awkwardly smiled Twilight. "But...can you let go of me now, if you don't mind?"
"Sure, sorry," as Rainbow lets her go.
Twilight got her breath back, but still felt a bit of pain. She thought of how she'd help Rainbow Dash and then, an idea came to mind.
"I've got it!" Twilight said. "All you have to do is play it cool and be yourself. When you and Applejack are alone, you should both share anything new and interesting to each other. Eventually, you'll get closer with her."
"Well, I'm always cool, but I don't think I can be that way in a time like this," Dash replied. "What if she finds out immediately?"
"That's only if you're nervous, but I'm sure you know when the time is right, and when it is, the confession always comes last," thought Twilight. "Anyways, we better get going! Our friends are waiting!"
"Right!" said R.D.
Sci-Twi, Rainbow Dash, and Spike all head off to Sugarcube Corner to meet the rest of the girls. Meanwhile, Applejack could possibly be the last one to join them.
"Wh-what in the hay?" A.J. asked. She had no idea what time it was so she checked out her phone to see. "Sweet Apple Acres! I'm gonna be late! I think I might've been dreaming too much yesterday. Well, that's a darn shame." Applejack quickly gets dressed and prepared, but on her way downstairs, Apple Bloom gets curious.
"Where you going, sis?"
"Oh, uhh, just to see my friends downtown!" Applejack nervously smiled. "If you're ever hungry, you can either eat what we have here or meet your friends too. So, take care and I love you!" Applejack runs out the front door.
"Hmmm...there's something a bit off about her," Apple Bloom wondered.
"What is it?" Scootaloo asked as she randomly appeared behind her.
"Woah!" screamed Apple Bloom. "Now don't ya' scare me like that!" Scootaloo rubbed her back comforting her.
"Ehh, sorry!" she apologized. "I just wanted to see what you were doing, so I didn't mean to scare you. But you're right about your sister acting strange."
Apple Bloom pulled herself together and tried to think. "I've never seen her like this before. But I know she's strong enough to watch out for herself, so there should be no problem!"
"Yeah, you're right," Scootaloo replied. "I wonder what Sweetie Belle is up to."
"Probably missing Rarity," A.B. guessed. "We know what happens when she's not with Sweetie Belle. That poor filly!"
All eight of our heroes finally reached Sugarcube Corner and they all headed inside to their usual table. As they all sat down, Rarity was generous enough to offer her friends something special. "Would you all mind if I paid for your usual beverages? I really insisted on this!"
"Then go ahead, because we all appreciate you!" said Sunset Shimmer. "Thank you so much!" The rest of her friends were honored by Rarity's decision.
"Thanks Rare!" smiled everyone else.
"Remember: it's what I live for!" Rarity brought up. She now began to order from Mrs. Cake while everyone else was chatting.
"So how was the slumber party?" asked Rainbow Dash.
"Aww shucks, I was going to ask that," added by Applejack.
"It was obviously fun, but I wished the rest of you could come along!" Pinkie Pie answered. "You should've seen Fluttershy's epic streak on Rock Band!"
"You're serious, Fluttershy?" curiously asked again by Rainbow Dash.
She nodded shyly, but happily.
"Yes, that was truly amazing from her!" as Rarity comes back with everyone's drinks. "Oooh, I almost tripped on you, Spikey-Wikey, sorry!"
"You don't have to be sorry!" blushed Spike. Twilight rolled her eyes and giggled a bit.
"Anyways, what songs have you written so far, Dashie?" asked Pinkie Pie. Suddenly, Rainbow Dash spit out a little bit of her milkshake as she was beginning to feel nervous, due to what happened yesterday.
"Uhhh...I...I..." Twilight looked at her and nodded as a sign of faith. "I was...writing songs about all our victories!"
"Hahaha, let me guess," Sunset Shimmer played around. "Is my defeat in one of them?"
"Maybe...," sarcastically commented Dash. "But I was unable to finish them."
"I'm sorry to hear that," simultaneously said Applejack and Fluttershy. The rest were about to say the same, but it seems that they did the talking for them.
"Don't be, girls. Besides, I don't think they would've turned out that good."
"No, they would," Applejack reassured. "I...or should I say that we all think your new songs could work out!" She laid her hand on Rainbow Dash's shoulder, trying to cheer her up. They unexpectedly both blushed.
"Th-thanks, A.J.!"
"Not a darn problem!"
Sci-Twi actually finished her smoothie and planned to put everything she said to Rainbow Dash into play. "Uhh, could you girls excuse me? I really need to go to the bathroom!" Even the others, except Spike, noticed what Twilight was trying to do, so they joined her. Finally, there was only two left at the table.
"Do you need to go?" asked Applejack. "Because I still can go for another batch!"
"Ehh, no thanks," Rainbow replied. "So...umm...what's up?"
"Not much, but my family's getting as rich as apple pie!" Applejack laughed as she looked back to the actual sales her other family members had.
"Cool!" Dashie said. "Nothing awesome, but I wished something did happen." She was starting to feel more confident than ever and thought of her next move in her mind. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I think I can actually do this. Now all I have to do is...confess, just like what Twilight said."
"Rainbow, wake up!" A.J. whispered in Rainbow Dash's ear. "You alright?" Dash snapped out of it.
"...Sorry... Applejack, I...l...lo..."
"Ya what? C'mon, you can do it!" A.J. needed an answer, but calmly she heard.
"Applejack, I...love you!!!" Rainbow Dash admitted. "I...mean...as more than friends."
"Rainbow..." Applejack turned speechless. She started to cry and Dash couldn't tell what kind of tears were coming out.
"Applejack, I'm so sorry...if that made you feel uncomfortable!" But, Applejack started running to Canterlot High and Rainbow Dash had to go after her. Eventually, she caught up as they were both at the statue portal.
"C'mon A.J... I said I was sorry. I'll do anything to make it up to you!" She was about to cry, too. Applejack finally stopped sniffing and was able to talk.
"It's fine, Rainbow," she replied. "To be honest, I need to tell you something too." Rainbow Dash turned around to hear her. "I...love ya too..." Then, everything became silent. The other girls were shocked to see these two gone missing. Pinkie Pie dropped on the floor and screamed, "Dashieeeeeeeee!!!"