• Published 14th Jan 2016
  • 749 Views, 6 Comments

The swordsman in white, and the red mage - Joseph_Tanner



Altamir spent most his life in the arena, but soon with the growing though of knowing anyone he would consider a friend, would end up fighting for their live against him, and with the help of another Human he breakes free and starts a new life.

  • ...
2
 6
 749

Chapter 2: New beginnings

The next morning they woke up to the roosters crowing. Before they fully woke up, two of the servants were already present. “Good morning miss, sir, how was your sleep?” Asked an Earth pony mare.

“Pretty decent…” Itrix replied.

“So this is what it really feels like…” Altamir exclaimed, thinking back at his previous life.

“Glad to hear, can we do anything for you?”

“Not at the moment, thanks.” Altamir replied, Itrix shook her head, and the servants left.

“So? Still willing to fight for them?” Itrix wondered.

“I could get used to this… And yes, since that’s what I did most my life...” He replied, then a guard came in.

“General Walgarus awaits outside, let him in?”

“Sure.” Itrix replied, and seconds later a colt stood before them, taller than usual, head to hoof in steel plated armor.

“Good to see you again Itrix.” He exclaimed, then looked at Altamir. “So you’re the one King Cosmos asked me to inspect… Come, we can’t waste our time.”

Altamir got out of his bed and stretched his limbs, then followed behind. “What are you up to, General?” He inquired.

“A basic test I had set up for you…” He replied, and soon they arrived to the training grounds. “Here it is.”

“What do you need me to do?”

“1000 push ups, 1000 situps and 1000 rounds ran around the castle.”

“Are you serious?”

“You think a General would joke?” Altamir sighed, and began the exercises. “1… 2… 3… 4…”

[Meanwhile] Itrix left the room as well, and went to the throne room right away.

“Blessed morning, Itrix.” Greeted her friend, a researcher.

“Good morning, Moonlight… Are you busy with anything?”

“Well, I think I’m supposed to help Queen galaxia with a spell later today… Why?”

“Just curious, you know… Advisor needs to know everything…”

“I’m glad I’m just a researcher… All I need to do is write down what I see, you however… Need to study hard…” Moonlight replied.

“No wonder my head hurts most the time… I’ll see you later, I need to go.” Itrix replied, and moved on to the room.

“Where are you hurrying?” Asked a Pegasus guard while blocking her way.

“Out of my way, feather brain…” She replied.

“Or else?” Itrix snapped her fingers, and the guard’s armor slowly turned from the cold silverish grey, to a brighter shade of red, and he soon began to sweat. “Nice trick…” Moments later it began to burn him. “Ok! Ok! I’m sorry!” He exclaimed, and soon his armor cooled back down.

“That’s what I thought…” She replied and entered the room, where the royals awaited her in the company of a few Griffons.

“And this is our advisor, Itrix…” King cosmos exclaimed, the Griffon in the very front turned to look at her…

“You?” *Chuckle* “Glad you’re all right, how is Altamir?”

“You two met before?” Asked the Queen.

“Yes, of course… Back at Griffonstone… She and Altamir saved my rear end, then came the uprising…” He replied.

“Intriguing…” Replied the King.

“All true… “Itrix informed them, then approached the Griffon. “Galdir, was it? What are you doing in here?”

“Watch your mouth, you’re talking to our King!” Replied one of the armed Griffons.

“So I guess the uprising worked out well.” She muttered. “As for Altamir, he left with General Walgarus this morning.” Then she turned to that one Griffon. “Are you sure want to threaten me in MY domain?”

“Itrix…” The King noted.

“I’m not gonna let anyone threaten me in my home all right... “ She replied. “You little shit, show me what you got…”

The Griffon looked at Galdir, asking for permission, who shook his head in response. “Try, and I make sure you’ll never come home…” He replied.

The Griffon looked back at Itrix with a hateful gaze. “That goes to show what you are compared to me… This much exactly.” She replied, and showed him her empty hands.

“They’re empty.” He exclaimed.

“Exactly, you’re nothing…” She replied with a grin, then returned to the original topic. “Anyways, have you called?”

“Actually, we haven’t…” King Cosmos replied. “But if he wishes to, I’m sure you’ll show Galdir to Altamir…” He continued.

“Sure, this way.” She replied and lead the way. When they got there he was at the sit ups.

“700… 701… 702… 704… Ah, Itrix… I see you’ve brought visitors…” The General exclaimed.

“Yes, he came to see Altamir… I suppose he deserves a short break.” She replied.

“Indeed, he did well so far. Come, let them be…” Walgarus exclaimed, and they walked away.

“Excuse me sir, do we know eacho… My God, Galdir…” Altamir exclaimed.

“Barely been a few days, I guess we made it without you…” He replied.

“And how long it took for you to get that crown, huh?”

He chuckled in response. “Right? We took down the Emperor and his bunch, and needed someone to replace them… Guess who was chosen.”

“Well, glad you’re doing so well…” He replied.

“Yeah, how are your days going?” Galdir inquired.

“The General wants to see what I can do, I got 1000 pushups and 704 sit ups done… Tell me… Now, as an Emperor, what do you intend?” He replied, still catching his breath.

“First off, slavery has been destroyed, so was the arena… Thinking back, Some part of me misses that place…”

“Your words are exact…”

[Meanwhile]

“So… Are you satisfied with his performance?” Itrix inquired.

“You were right… He is one determined soul for sure… But he’s barely halfway through…”

“Do you think he can do it?”

“That’s only up to him to decide…” Walgarus replied.

“Well then, I believe this is where our paths diverge. I must see to the researchers.”

“And I shall see Altamir does well…” He replied, and headed the way they came, saying his farewells to the now to be called Emperor Galdir, and returned to Altamir. “Are you well rested?” He inquired.

“Certainly, General.”

“Have you finished with the situps and pushups?” Walgarus wondered.

“Yes.”

“I trust you with it, so you may leave now…”

“But… What about the running?”

“We will continue tomorrow.”

“I will look forward to it.” Altamir replied and headed for the royals, but on his way he found one lost Griffon guard remove a brick from one of the walls, and put a letter behind it. What am I getting myself into? He waited for him to leave, then took the letter and headed for the royals still.

“Where are you headed?” Asked a guard in front of the door.

“To the other side.” He replied.

“Meh, move on.”The guard replied and let him through.

“Your highness…” He greeted them.

“Altamir?” Galaxia inquired.

“Have you got anything to tell us?” Cosmos asked.

“I saw one of the Griffon guards leave this behind a brick in the walls…” He replied, and walked closer to them and handed the letter over.

“Have you read it before?”

“Not yet.”

“I shall see to it later then, anything else?”

“The General told me we’re finished for today. Is there something you could have me do?”

“If you feel bored, I’m sure the researchers or servants would appreciate some help… You can go stay with Itrix too.” Galaxia replied.

“If so, I would leave now.” Altamir replied, and walked off to the castle entrance, where the servants were unloading carts from farms, delivering wheat and such. He said nothing to any of the servants, nor the guards… He just grabbed two bags, and followed the servants a bag in each hand. Hours passed, carts came and went, the heat rose, but at the end of the day the last cart had left.

“Great job… “ A guard exclaimed, and threw a bag of money into his hands. Altamir caught it, gave the guard a thumbs up, then left to Itrix’s room, where he ran into her.

“Hey Altamir, good news…”

“Oh?”

“The room behind you is now yours, right in front of mine... “

“Great!” He replied.

“And that one there belongs to the King and Queen.” She continued and pointed at a double door.

“I will remember that… Good night.”

“Night, Tamir.” Itrix replied. They took their baths, then went to sleep.

[The next morning]

Altair woke up well rested, and soon the servants arrive the way they did every morning. “Good morning sir, we have brought you breakfast.” One of them exclaimed.

“Thanks.” He replied, then tried to sit up but couldn’t. “So… Could you please call Itrix? I have a problem…” He exclaimed.

[End of Chapter 2]