• Published 21st Jan 2016
  • 757 Views, 10 Comments

Shadow of the past - CaiusTheShadowPony



An old enemy of Celestia and Luna is biding his time before his return to Equestria.

  • ...
1
 10
 757

Silence in the void

Silence that is all that can be heard in the void, it is deafening. Floating through the endless expanse of space is the ancient kingdom of Tambelon, its streets are deserted, its homes are dark and empty. Towers loom around the city standing tall in the silence like spears of pure darkness, at the heart of Tambelon sits a giant castle its walls loom over the streets casting shadows that stretch along the roads and over the rooftops like hands clawing, searching. A lone figure stands gazing out of one of the castle's darkened windows at the sleeping city, a low growl escapes his lips.

''Failures every single one. You would think that in a thousand years someone would at least have maimed one of those wretched pony princesses, but no USELESS!!!!.''

A surge of dark energy flies in all directions shattering windows, tearing the curtains, knocking paintings from the walls, and causing the ground to shake. the figure begins to compose himself, looking around to asses the damage caused by his outburst, he sighs heavily and closes his eyes. The shards of glass and wood begin to float into the air and slowly return to their points of origins, and after a few seconds pass he opens his eyes again and everything is back to the way it was before.

''I never had any hope in that fool Discord, he was far to prideful and unfortunately doesn't seriously harm or kill ponies, and he calls himself a being of chaos. HA! He should see those humans. Now there's a race who truly know how to spread chaos and death.''

A sick twisted smile crossed his face as he utters the last word the last word.

''It's a good thing I can use my magic to peer into other reality's from this dimension, otherwise I am quite sure I'd have gone mad with nothing to do here, after all Bray is hardly good company and there is nopony around to torment to pass the time. The only being in Equestria who has ever posed an actual threat to Celestia besides myself, was her own sister, how I loved the scream that escaped her lips whens she was swatted clean out of the air like the bug she is.''

An Erie laugh escaped his lips as he walked down the dark hallway, hearing his victims scream was one of his favorite thing in life. He enjoyed it almost as much as hearing them beg for their life, it was like listening to the most beautiful music ever played.

''I wonder if her student's screams will be as entertaining to listen to as her's, no matter I shall hear for myself soon enough, it shouldn't be much longer before the return of my glorious kingdom of Tambelon and its master the mighty Grogar.''

Stepping out of the hallway into the entrance hall of the castle Grogar begins to look around at his guards, the Troggles a bipedal race with pig like appearances he has had their race in his service for centuries ever since he lade siege to their homeland killing all those who would not submit to his will. He liked the Troggles because unlike most species in Equestria they had hands.

''You there.'' He call out to one of the Troggles standing close to the top of the staircase the guard flinches at the sound of Grogar's voice.

''Yes lord Grogar how may I serve you?'' He says his voice quivering slightly Grogar smiles at the sound of the guards voice.

''Where has Bray skulked of to this time?'' He asks in a demanding tone of voice.

The Troggle swallowed with an audible gulp his throat becoming dry and his palms getting sweaty. ''He's i-i-in t-t-the library my lord.'' The guard is visibly shaking now his armor making a light clanging noise as he does.

''Go and fetch him at once.'' demanded Grogar.

The guard bolts upright and salutes. ''Yes my lord right away my lord!''

He begins to walk down the opposite corridor when Grogar calls after him. ''And guard.''

The guard turns in time to see a bolt of lightening shoot towards his feet he jumps back narrowly avoiding being struck the guard looks up at Grogar who booms. ''And Don't Dawdle!!!!!.''

The guard stumbles to his feet and bolts down the corridor followed by the maniacal laughter of the cackling Grogar.

The room falls deathly silent as Grogar turns and walks towards the large double doors that sit at the top of the staircase, a dark aura envelopes his horns and two dark shadow hands form in the air, they reach out and grasp the handles pushing them down, with a soft click the doors swing open with a creek. The necromancer walks into the open doorway, once he is inside the room the doors swing shut behind him. The darkness of the room is slowly illuminated by various torches hanging on the pillars decorating the room. As Grogar slowly walked further and further into the room more torches began to light with a sickly green flame, standing in various places and in different positions were the skeletal remains of many different creatures, there were ponies, griffons, troggles, chimeras, manticores, and at the back of the room sat Grogars throne atop a staircase that was made from various skeletons and standing at either side of the throne stood the skeletons of two colossal dragons. Grogar made his way to the top of the stairs and took his place on the throne as he gazed out upon his collection and sighed.

''I wonder where I am going to put the princesses once i finally Finnish them of.''

A soft chuckle escaped his fanged maw and it was shortly joined by a soft eerie laughter that seemed to almost be coming from the mouths of the dead inhabitants of the throne room. The guards standing outside of the room could just make out the sounds of laughter coming from within they shuddered and could only hope that their laughter would not join that of Grogar's other victims.

Author's Note:

Hey guys thanks for giving this a read this is my first fic I wrote and i hope you enjoyed this chapter leave a comment and let me know what you thought :pinkiehappy:

Thank you to Don Pedro von Poltergeis for editing this chapter