• Published 15th Jan 2016
  • 445 Views, 80 Comments

Lutscintorb - Mary Sue



A wandering unicorn teams up with a treasure hunter to uncover a legendary artifact, an object that can clear the tumultuous storm separating the world.

  • ...
1
 80
 445

Inter Mission: Part 1

“Where are we right now?” Sparkler asked, her head poking over the roof the stagecoach.

Down below, Whiskey adjusted his hat in such a way it blocked her out in addition to the afternoon sun. Sharp Tack walked beside him in the harness, glancing up at her skeptically.

“The Green Stretch,” he said plainly.

“Well, yeah,” Sparkler said, throwing a hoof out. “I get that. But like, what country? I know there’s quite a few between the Equator and Agrisaltar, and this Portsmouth could be in any of them for all I know.”

“Fair enough, I suppose,” Sharp Tack said. “We’re currently in the middle of Collisunda, just south of Agrisaltar. Portsmouth is where several rivers from the mountains converge into the River Boreas.”

“Do you have a map?”

For a quick moment, both stallions stopped pulling the carriage and the tall grasses threatened to trip them up. But it kept rolling and pushed them into their next steps. Beneath the brim of his hat, Whiskey shot his friend a hesitant look.

“On a napkin, somewhere,” Sharp Tack said, hiding his face.

Sparkler frowned at them. “Then how do you know where we’re going?”

“Didn’t we say it before?” Whiskey said, shooting her a glance. “We’ve walked this route countless times. But if you want to find your own way, you’re more than welcome to get off any time you want.”

“Sorry, Miss,” Sharp Tack added. “We don’t have anything here for your catalogue. You can buy one in Portsmouth if you’re really dying for it.”

Sparkler let out an exasperated sigh and threw herself back down on the carriage roof.