• Published 29th Dec 2015
  • 1,011 Views, 9 Comments

Twilight of Trixie - Ponyess



It all begun with a spell, one that was able to catch and hold a Unicorn. Only now, Twilly had to try it out and see if it works, with Trixie as the unfortunate victim. What is to come to Trixie, but that is what she is to find out.

  • ...
8
 9
 1,011

A Trixie path to Ponyville: 2

Author's Note:

Trixie Lulamoon's POV

With my original camper destroyed, I had no choice but to sleep where I could; I had been most fortunate, when I had found this cheep motel, where I at least have a clean bed and a breakfast. Sadly, I fear my few hard-earned bits are about to run out, which means that I am forced to move on before my luck in the village is running out. Maybe I could return; in the hopes they will have a spare room for me, when I have gathered enough bits for a few days stay; but I have to earn the bits first.

It has been a lonely life, moving from one town to the next; never knowing when and where my next meal and cot would be available. Life is not an amusement park to me, not when I have to pull long hours of back breaking labour in order to earn my keeps.


I had gathered my few belongings and signed out of the small room, intent on coming back. Yet, there had been that strange notion of going to Ponyville. Maybe there is a job to be performed, preferably one not quite as bad as on the Rock farm, or the delivery Pony I had in fresh memory.

Trotting down the road is easy, but it does leave me with a pang of regret; this time is no exception on this field, but rather one of the worst I could remember; leaving the room I had enjoyed so thoroughly. At least, this time I had left on good terms; for a change. As it turned out, the road is even, and it wasn’t quite as far to Ponyville as one may have feared.


Once I finally did get close to the village I had in mind, I notice a brand new landmark I never had seen or heard of before. The Castle is built out of shiny new and purple crystals, from all I could see before I got close enough to poke it with a hoof. Maybe I shouldn’t trust my luck enough to actually poke the building, but I could as well have a closer look. Right?

The closer I got to the castle, the deeper the instinct told me I had to go there and knock on the door. If it was in search for a job, or in order to find a room, or a required permission to work in this village; yet I had to go there and knock on the door.

Step by step, I am trotting towards the castle; only to be more certain of where I was going, just as I was growing worried in the process. There is a strange counterpoint building up within me. As if I had two entirely different Ponies urging me in opposite directions. This is Ponyville, and I have been here before.

Knocking the door is easy, as if I had not been knocking on doors before? There is a voice and hoof steps behind the door.

“Enter!” the voice stated; in clearly Royal tones, to go with the building.

Only before I had a chance to react, the door simply pull back and permits me entrance. There is none behind the door; but since I had been asked, and urged to enter, I trot into the castle before me.

Once I had gotten inside, the door closed behind me quietly. I trotted along a long hall; as if guided by an invisible companion, towards where I was going.


In a small room; I can clearly see a light purple mare, an Alicorn and Princess. Yet, her head is currently bare and devoid of the traditional crown. The mark on her flank is obvious, unmistakably identifying her as Twilight Sparkle. There is no denying it.

“Welcome Trixie, I have been awaiting you!” she merely explained, matter of fact as if there was nothing more to it.

“Hiya, Twilight. Long time, no see!” I responded, returning her greetings.

“Yes, my dear Trixie; I fear that is only too true. It has been far too long; but I am about to have that little issue corrected and out of the world, once and for all!” she enlightened me.

The friendly tone to her voice scared me more than I had expected, and not just because she is a Princess with all the power that came with it. I could clearly see that she had recognized me on sight.

Now, there is something else that scared me even more than her kind words and benevolent voice; the sensation coming from my horn. I can feel something, but she had managed to bind or manipulate the access to magic itself. It isn’t exactly the spell applied at the arena at the Chrystal Empire, when they were hosting the Equestria Games; then they were simply preventing any spells to be cast, this is more subtle.

Maybe I should make the sensation more clear, by suggesting that it feels as if there is a thin coating of local latex covering the horn. I can see some light penetrating the coating, while other parts of the light isn’t coming through.


“Let’s have a cup of tea, I am sure you have had a hard journey; from where ever you were currently staying!” she prompted, in an overly friendly manner.

“I guess I could accept that cup of tea, Twilight. I was expecting and hoping to return; as soon as I had managed to acquire enough bits for a prolonged stay, where I was at; but I have the impression that you are going to make that impossible now!” I responded, giggling at my response.

“If it requires for you to work, in order to earn your keeps; I guess my accommodations could be a worthy opponent, being a Royal castle, even if it merely is in Ponyville!” she prompted friendly.

“You certainly have moved up in Equestria, my dear Twilight; being the Princess of Friendship, and with a very own castle of your own. Unless you are intending to keep me as your Royal fool, I guess you do have a very strong position here!” I pointed out.

“If you had been offering yourself for the position, but I think Pinkie pie can hold that title all by herself. There is no chance you can outshine her on the comedy act, even if you may be the better Show-Mare, Trixie. If you would like me to, I could offer you a scene and a stage from which to play; when you are not keeping me company or entertaining me in person, that is!” she prompted.

“Some things are hard to hide, when the story is traveling faster than a mare could fly. I have heard the rumour of the incident you caused, as you flipped your marks which caused Pinkie Pie to try to work the Apple farm. A village in uproar is far too hard to hide, you know. A scene and stage of my own? I guess that could be a very tempting offer to entice a mare like me with!” I responded gleefully, trying my best to hide my feelings behind a nervous giggle.