• Published 29th Dec 2015
  • 1,011 Views, 9 Comments

Twilight of Trixie - Ponyess



It all begun with a spell, one that was able to catch and hold a Unicorn. Only now, Twilly had to try it out and see if it works, with Trixie as the unfortunate victim. What is to come to Trixie, but that is what she is to find out.

  • ...
8
 9
 1,011

A Spell Cast, A Unicorn Caught: 1

Author's Note:

Princess Twilight Sparkle 's POV

I had been doing one of these late night readings, and enjoyed many a book. Spell books are apparently more fun than I had been expecting, some of them are even illustrated with colourful engravings of arcane diagrams.

Being the element of Magic, does give me an edge on the subject. Yet, some of these spells are not for the faint at heart, or the beginners; considering what they entail and the mental strain they are putting on the practitioner attempting to apply the spell in question.

Besides, you need to be highly focused, considering how easy some of these spells could lead you astray. I do have a fairly fresh memory how Rarity had polluted the entire village of Ponyville, after she applied the Imagination Manifestation spell. I had fallen under the same charm by the Want it, Need it Spell before that.


Now, I had a clear image of an old acquaintance of mine by the name of Trixie, who used to fashion herself as the Great and Powerful, when I last saw her. With her face and gestalt clearly before my mind’s eye, I cast the spell I had in mind. I noticed how the magic slowly started to accumulate and the tip of my horn lit up. The ball of light slowly grew and intensified, to the point where the magic cascaded down the sides of the horn; when the light hit my forehead, the spell had gathered all the required power and blew out and vanished out into the ether. The next instant, it caught the target of my imagination by surprise; as it captured her, while inciting her with the desire I had put before her.

Of course, once the light had gone out, it is too late for me to change my mind and withdraw the spell. Maybe I could counter the effects, once I am facing the Pony it had targeted in the first place; but that is only if and when I do come face to face with her in the first place.


Being tired, I trotted up to my room and went to bed with no further thought of what had transpired during the day. A clear mind is one of the tricks to a good night’s restful sleep, after all.

I had carefully folded the quilt as I sat down on my bed and slipped my hooves in under it, before I unfolded it and sank my head onto the pillow. A mere moment after my head hit the pillow, I am sound asleep; resting carefree and oblivious of the world at large. for all I care, there isn’t even a world I could care about at this time.


---


A bright, turquoise light slowly and suddenly enveloped the horn of the Unicorn known as Trixie; as the spell cast upon her, by her former rival by the name of Twilight Sparkle.

Trixie had noticed the light glowing on and around her horn, even if she barely saw a faint glow as an aftereffect of the spell; soon to incite new ideas and desires into her head. Maybe it was fortunate on her, that the spell hit her at this late hour; sparing her the conscious recognition of how it was affecting her during the following hours, while she slept carefree; in the blissful realm of Luna’s dreams, only to wake up as what was to be seen as a new Pony.

The light of the magic residue of the spell soon ebbed out; never to leave any trace of what had transpired, or betray the act; so bluntly forced upon the mare.


---


The rays of Celestia’s sun is already playing over the room; shining through the window of my bed room, as I woke up late the following morning.

Naturally, Spike had already prepared my breakfast; but had not stayed around in the kitchen, waiting for me. He had known better than hanging around, doodling idly for as long as it would take me to wake up after the late night’s reading. Clever little Dragon.

By the time I had finally woken up; he had spent at least an hour, sorting books I was done with and was now dusting off the shelves in the room in which I had been reading. I had heard him happily whistling, as I trotted into the kitchen. I guess he is working better, when we are not getting under one-another’s hooves.


As I leave my kitchen, I realize it is almost time for his lunch. Since I had just finished my breakfast, I trot out of the kitchen and head for the library. I may have been having one of my many late night readings, but the library is the first place to go after breakfast. Wrong or right, but this is where I headed of to. Not so much to snoop on his progress, or to get under his feet; just to have an early whiff of the scent of books. I guess that gives me a special feeling of home, and I do need that more than ever in this large castle.

A moment after I had finally entered the library, I hear the steps of a baby dragon walking out of the very same library on his way back to the kitchen. I leave him to his, while I attend to what was before me; books, books and more books. Maybe I had already read these particular books, but the sigh and scent of them still gives me the feeling of being at home; maybe this is something I had gotten used to and learned, first by my stay at the castle as Princess Celestia’s protege, and then from my stay at the Golden oak library in central Ponyville.

The destruction of the library had not just been my home; it had been the core of my very being, which made it a very traumatic experience. When Tirek had the audacity to hit that close to home; I had struck out with a vengeance and put all the power and magic at my disposal, in order to pay him back. Of course, I could never hit him hard enough; but neither could he put enough force behind his blows to make any actual harm to my boy either. The fight had ended in a stalemate, just as it could have been predicted. Only by returning to the power of my friends could I apply the power of Harmony against him. It had been the only way to touch him, by sending him back to the Tartarus from which he came and rightfully belonged.

--- --- ---