• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 3,446 Views, 20 Comments

My Little Pony: Warrior From The Stars - NintendoBrony64



Equestria gets a visitor from beyond the stars after several months of strange monster attacks.

  • ...
1
 20
 3,446

Otherworldly Encounter

Author's Note:

I decided to try something new because I've been getting writers block with my other story. So, I'm trying to give you guys something different until then.

Enjoy! :twilightsmile:

"I'm telling you Spike, they're all connected to her returning!"

The Unicorn Pony, Twilight Sparkle, sat in the middle of her book fort with her muzzle buried in one of the many books within the Golden Oaks Library. She had come across a prophecy that the "Mare in the Moon" would return on the longest day of the thousandth year. However before that, strange monsters that don't appear in any book on monsters have been appearing in random parts of Equestria for the past few months. With the help of the Royal Guard, the monsters were defeated albeit with extreme difficulty. Twilight came to the conclusion that the monsters were a way of signaling Nightmare Moon's return.

"Come on, Twilight," Spike, her baby dragon assistant, groaned sinking into the couch. "You've been on that for the past month, and there's no way of prove that your theory is true. When are you going to go out and make some friends and have fun like the princess said?"

Twilight scoffed. "I already told you, Spike. Finding the Elements of Harmony is far more important than making friends!"

Spike could only sigh. "Well, you still need to go outside to check on the preparations for the festival tonight."

Twilight's eye widened. "Oh, that's right!" Her horn lit up and all the books surrounding her levitated and flew back towards the shelves.

She was out the door with Spike on her back, him reading the list of things she needed to do today to check on the festival's preparations. She decided that she would get that done as quickly as possible so she could put all of her focus into finding a way to prevent Nightmare Moon's return. The answer to all their possible future problems won't just fall out of the sky, after all.


Just outside the planet's atmosphere, a star-shaped object zoomed past by, trying to avoid asteroids. Unfortunately it wasn't quite fast enough, as one asteroid struck the ship. The impact caused the ship to change it's trajectory, and spin towards and then into Equis' atmosphere.


Princess Celestia stood on her balcony overlooking her kingdom. All day she's had this sense of danger, since she knows full well what today was. She knew Nightmare Moon would return this day, and she had sent her student to attend the Summer Sun Celebration because she had faith that she could find the means of defeating Nightmare Moon.

She was about to return to her duties, when she sensed something. She turned back towards the balcony, and looked up into the sky. Her eyes widened as she witnessed a ball of fire descending at a fast rate.

"What in Equestria...?"

She continued to watch the fireball's path until it crashed close to Ponyville, within the Everfree Forest. She was relieved that it crash landed in the forest, so none of her subjects in Ponyville were hurt. Was this another warning from Nightmare Moon?

"Twilight, I pray you find the solution soon."


Twilight and Spike, with the addition of a Pegasus pony named Fluttershy, much to the unicorn's annoyance. They were on their way back to the library after checking on the festival preparations. Fluttershy was fallowing them because of Spike, since she'd never seen a baby dragon before.

"...And that's the story of my life! Unless you count today...you what to know about today?"

Fluttershy gave a light squeal. "Oh yes, I do!"

"Ugh! Please let be some sort of distraction so I don't have to listen to this anymore!"

Twilight got her wish, as a massive fireball zoomed overhead and crashed on the other side of town. The landing caused an explosion that was visible from their location, and made the ground under their hooves shake. The sudden impact sent the citizen ponies into a panic, and they all ran inside their homes; locking their doors and closing their windows.

"W-What in E-Equestria w-was t-that?" Fluttershy asked, trembling behind her mane.

"A distraction is what it is!" she thought happily. "Just what I wished for. But, wait..."

Spike spoke up before she could continue her thought. "Did that thing just fall from the sky?"

"Yes it did! Do you know what this means, Spike!?" she asked as she brought the dragon close to her face with her hooves.

"No," he said through mushed cheeks and pursed lips.

"It means that our planet has just been hit by a meteorite! This is a once in a lifetime chance, and I won't let it slip passed me!" She tossed Spike onto her back and started galloping as fast as she could towards the crash sight.

Fluttershy peeked from behind her mane and noticed Twilight rushing towards the rising smoke.

"Oh, oh dear..." She then began trotting after her.


Twilight and Spike had managed to navigate through the forest without encountering any of the creatures Twilight had read about. The explosion most likely had scared them off, much to their relief. Twilight sat down in order to catch her breath; the crash sight being farther away from town than she had thought. She gazed forwards to find a trail of destroyed forest and dug up earth.

Spike peeked out from behind the unicorn and whistled. "Sheesh, this place is a wreck."

"At least...we'll be...able to...fallow it...to the meteorite..." she said through gasps of air.

"Maybe you should rest a little," Spike suggested as he watched Twilight try to catch her breath.

She rose back up on all fours, and continued a much slower pace down the trail. "No can do, Spike. If we don't find the sight first, somepony else will. I just can't pass up an opportunity like this."

At least she's taking a break from Nightmare Moon at the moment, Spike thought.


The walk down the trail of destroyed earth took fifteen minutes until they finally found the cause. Their eyes widened at what they saw. The source of the crash wasn't a meteor at all. It was, in fact, a star...or something that had a very close appearance of a star. It had rips and tares and was producing smoke from the damage it endured.

"Twilight, that's not a real star, is it?"

"I don't think so. It has the appearance of a star, but..." She stepped closer and put her hoof against it. "Stars aren't made of metal."

"Then, if it's not a star or a meteorite like you thought, then what is it?" Spike asked stepping closer to get a closer look.

Twilight put a hoof to her chin in thought. "It could be..." she murmured. "But, the odds are just improbable."

"You okay, Twilight?" Spike asked. He was getting worried as she started shaking. Then a smile started to grow on her face.

"Spike, I think we may have found an alien spacecraft!" she shrieked with as much joy she could let out.

"What!? Really!?" Now Spike was getting excited. "Ha! That Guard owes me twenty bits!"

"Oooooh! I didn't know stars could fall from the sky!"

The sudden voice made Twilight and Spike jump in surprise. They looked up and spotted the pink pony that they had met when they first arrived in Ponyville.

"This thing is amazing! It looks like a star, but it's made of metal!"

"Hey, get down from there!" Twilight shouted.

"Why?" the pony asked as her head appeared from behind them, which startled them even further.

Twilight looked to the ship, then back to the pink pony trying to figure out how she teleported behind them. Thinking to figure that out later, she turned her gaze to the pony. "Because we don't know how dangerous it really is. One false move and it could self-destruct!"

"Oh, you silly filly!" she said waving a dismissive hoof. "If that were the case, it would have done that the moment I stood on top of it and I wouldn't be here to tell you, 'Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, Ponyville's resident party planner! I was going to introduce myself at the party I had set up for you at the library, but because of this awesome new thing I get to do it right now!' So, I will! Hi, I'm Pinkie-!" She was interrupted by Twilight's hoof being shoved into her mouth.

"I get it, your name is Pinkie Pie," she said as she removed her hoof, and wiped away access saliva. "But, what are you doing here anyway?"

"Duh; to investigate the crash sight of a foreign object from the sky!" she said with a grin. Her response caused Twilight's eye to twitch.

"Don't mind her none. She's just a little too excited is all."

A voice behind Pinkie got their attention, and Twilight and Spike noticed Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy trotting towards them.

"Let me guess, you're all here to investigate as well?" Twilight asked in a slightly irritated tone.

"But of course, darling!" Rarity said as she continued to trot passed Twilight and up to the star. "Nopony doesn't usually, if ever, get to see an object from space of all places. So, of course my curiosity would be peaked!"

"That, and whatever it was that fell from the sky, spooked the entire town. So, we came to see if that thing was dangerous or not," Applejack said.

"Incredible," Rarity said as she rubbed her hoof over the star's metal exterior. "I've seen plenty of machines in my visits to Manehatten, but nothing like this."

"Twilight thinks it could be a spaceship from outer space!" Spike said excitedly.

"You sure you haven't been reading too many comic books?" Rainbow asked.

"Everypony! Look!!"

The others turned towards the sound of Pinkie's voice, and froze as a small section of the star slowly opened. They all crowded around the ship to get a closer look, and they were rewarded with a small round ball of pink with stubby arms and two round red feet, rolling out of the cockpit onto the ground, causing them to jump back a little.

They all just stared at the unmoving ball for a few seconds before they flinched as the two stubby arms moved and the ball pushed itself into a sitting position revealing the creature's face.

"Poyo..." he said groggily rubbing the top of his sore head.

He looked around, trying to figure out what happened, and where he had crash landed. His gaze then landed on the ponies who tensed up as his eye landed on them.

"Poyo?"

He rose to his feet, which only made the ponies flinch again and retreat farther away. He observed them for a few seconds before giving a smile and waved one of his tiny arms. "Poyo!"

There was silence, before he was suddenly tackled by a pink blur and hoisted up. "Aw, he's so cute!" she gushed as she brought him into a crushing embrace. "Can we keep him?"

"Ms. Pie! He is not an animal you can just 'keep'!" Rarity said. "Also, how do you even know that he is even a 'he'?"

"Just a hunch!" Pinkie grinned.

"Poyo!"

"See? He agrees!" She then puts him back down on the ground. "So, what's you're name?"

The little puffball giggled before chirping, "Kirby!"

Fluttershy, not seeing any reason to be frightened, walked up to Kirby. "Hello Kirby, I'm Fluttershy."

"Flutter...Shy!" Kirby's attempt to say her name made her giggle.

"And I'm Pinkie Pie!" Pinkie introduced herself with a hop.

"Pinkie...Pie?"

"Well, if Fluttershy feels that he's not a threat, I see no reason we should." She then walked up to Kirby. "Hello, my name is Rarity," she said with a swish of her mane.

"Rarity!"

"And I'm Applejack! Nice ta meet ya, little fella!"

"Apple...Jack!"

"Um, does anypony else think he sounds a bit like a baby?" Rainbow Dash asked, circling Kirby who eyed her curiously. "And he only says one word, if that's even a word."

"Poyo?" Kirby tilted his head in confusion.

"Maybe he is a infant, and saying "Poyo" is all he can say at the moment," Twilight said analytically. "Also, with him being an extraterrestrial, it's a little surprising that he can even understand us at all."

"Extra what?" The other ponies gave Twilight confused looks.

"Extraterrestrial is just another word for alien..." the purple unicorn deadpanned.

"Well, whatever. The name's Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in all of Equestria, little guy!"

"Rainbow...Dash?" Rainbow gushed at the little puffball at how cute he sounded...you know, on the inside. Outside she just gave him a satisfied smile. She had an image to maintain after all.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, and this is my assistant, Spike," Twilight said as she and her dragon assistant joined the others.

"Twi-light...Spike!"

He was brought back into Pinkie's arms. "This is soooo exciting! Now I get to plan a party for two new ponies, and one of them is an alien! *GAAASSSSP* I need to start setting things up right away!" She left behind a dirt cloud as she dashed her way back to Ponyville after dropping Kirby on the ground.

"Well, I guess that's our cue to head on back to town," Applejack said. "We need to tell everypony that there's nothing to be afraid of, after all."

"Of course! Just look at him," Rarity said referring to Kirby. "He's too cute to be dangerous! I'm sure everypony will be at ease once they meet him."

"Poyo?"


Rarity was absolutely right.

Much to Twilight's dismay, they had all regrouped back at the library and it was packed with more ponies who were there earlier to attend a party for Twilight. Pinkie must have told the townsponies it was safe to come out of hiding.

Upon meeting Kirby, the mares just fell in love with the little pink puffball. They would give him tight embraces, and giggle about how squishy he felt. Whenever Kirby said "Poyo", it just made the mares cuddle him even more which made the few stallions that were attending the party a little jealous of the attention he was getting.

Well into the night, the party had to end a little early and they all went to Town Hall for the raising of the sun by Princess Celestia. Why did the party end earlier than expected? Because Kirby inhaled all the food...literally. He had noticed a triple layered cake that Pinkie had brought out, opened his mouth wide and a swirling vortex of air sucked up the entire thing into his tiny body. The ponies were actually too impressed to really care.

Pinkie was bouncing about in anticipation. "This is so exciting!" Pinkie shouted excitedly. "We all get to watch Princess Celestia raise the sun!"

"Now calm down, Pinkie Pie," Applejack said. "We still have a few minutes before the Princess gets here."

Twilight was watching Kirby run around saying hello to everypony. Twilight had debated about whether to sent a message to the princess to explain Kirby or not. She figured since she'll be arriving in Ponyville anyway, she'd just wait until the festival was over.

"I let myself get so distracted, I completely forgot about finding the Elements of Harmony, and preventing Nightmare Moon's return."

Spike rolled his eyes. "Come on, Twilight. What could be more amazing than finding an alien from outer space?" He put a claw finger against her lips before she could answer. "Besides, nothing is happening! Maybe that prophecy was just an old pony's tale after all."

"I really hope you're right, Spike..."

"Poyo!" Kirby jumped up onto Twilight's back giggling happily.

"Hey, Kirby! You excited to see the sun rise?" Spike asked the energetic puffball.

"Poyo!" he nodded.

The lit room suddenly became dark and a spotlight shone on a mare with a tan coat and grey mane and tail standing at the front of the room.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts, it is my privilege as the Mayor to formally announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!" Her announcement made the gathered ponies roar their applause.

Twilight's gaze fell to and overhead window, and she noticed that the "Mare in the Moon" was no longer there. She immediately became extremely nervous.

"Now it is my pleasure to introduce our very own, Princess Celestia!"

Rarity, who was up on the top balcony, pulled open the curtains where the Princess was to be only to reveal nopony there. This caused gasps and whispers to echo throughout the building.

"Oh no..." Twilight murmured.

"Poyo?" Kirby began to feel uneasy.

Mayor Mare tried to calm everypony down, but she didn't bother trying to hide her own nervousness. "Please, everypony remain calm! I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for why she's not here!"

Kirby suddenly leaped from Twilight's back and landed with a look of determination while never taking his eyes off the balcony. "Poyo! Poy!"

"What's got into him all of a sudden?" Applejack asked Twilight. She didn't have to answer, fore up on the balcony emerged a dark blue smoke which only made the level of uneasiness in the building increase. The smoke dispersed to reveal a mare pony of pure black coated fur, wings, and horn with blue armor and a smoky mane and tail that shimmered like a million tiny stars.

Her gaze scanned the entire room before a smirk grew on her lips, revealing predator-like teeth. "Well, it's been so long since I've seen my subjects' Sun loving faces."

"Hey, you!" Rainbow Dash's outburst caught the dark mare's attention. "What have you done to our Princess!?"

She sent a bone chilling glare. "So, my crown is so unimportant that you don't even remember me? Have you all not heard the legend? I've also been giving you signs for the last few months with some destructive playmates."

Her last statement made Twilight's eyes widen. "So you are responsible for those monster attacks, Nightmare Moon!"

Hearing the mare's name made the entire building turn cold, and Nightmare Moon's smirk grew. "So somepony does remember me. Then you should also know what I plan to do."

"T-To bring night eternal..." Twilight stuttered nervously.

Nightmare Moon's smirk grew into a sinister grin. "You all had better remember this day ponies, fore it was you're last. From this moment forth, the Night shall last FOREVER!!"

"Poyo!"

Kirby's outburst gained Nightmare's attention. Upon noticing his features, and the determined look in his eyes, she couldn't help but mockingly smirk. "Well, what strange manner of creature are you?"

Kirby stood his ground, not feeling intimidated in the slightest.

"Is this what you expect to protect you all from me? I think I'm being underestimated." Her horn began to glow a light blue. "Then, I'll leave you all with a little parting gift." Her eyes scanned the room until they fell on a fluttering Fluttershy, and fired a beam from her horn.

Fluttershy body froze. She so desperately wanted to move out of the way, but her body wouldn't obey. Kirby acted quickly and opened his mouth and inhaled. Fluttershy was caught within the vortex and was sent hurtling towards him out of harms way, and the beam aimlessly continued its path. Kirby closed his mouth to cancel the vacuum effect and jump p to catch the now falling Fluttershy, but since Fluttershy was much heavier than him, they both fell to the floor with Kirby cushioning her landing with his squishy body.

She got up and pulled Kirby into a tight embrace. "Thank you, Kirby!"

"Poyo," he said in a way of saying 'You're welcome.'

Nightmare Moon was genuinely surprised by what had just transpired.

"Hey, what's the big idea attacking Fluttershy like that!?" Rainbow Dash fumed.

The dark Alicorn blinked out of her stupor, before smirking down at the ponies below her. "Whoever said I was aiming at your friend?"

Pinkie spoke up before Rainbow could retort. "What do you mean? You were clearly pointing your horn at Fluttershy, but then Kirby managed to save her with his inhaling ability and- Hey, what's that?" Pinkie pointed a hoof at the opposite side of the room and saw a tiny glow.

Upon closer inspection, it looked like Nightmare Moon's magic beam hit an unsuspecting beetle. Then it suddenly began to grow, and change shape. The ponies backed away as the beetle grew larger.

The glow dispersed and the now giant bipedal beetle with huge mandibles stood and unleashed a loud screech.

"Wow, that's a big bug! Oh, I'm going to name you...Bugzzy!" Pinkie said a little too enthusiastically for the other ponies liking.

Nightmare Moon laughed as the ponies cowered in fear of the monstrous insect. "Make sure you show these fools the true meaning of fear, my pet!" She then looked up and blasted a hole in the roof, before turning into blue smoke and whisking out towards the Everfree Forest.

The townsponies all burst out the front door to get away as far away from the monster as fast as possible. The monster bug, now named "Bugzzy", crashed through the overhead section of the building and screeched before giving chase in the air. Twilight, Spike, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, Applejack, and Kirby were the last to exit.

"What the hay is going on!?" asked a flustered Rainbow Dash. She turned towards Twilight with an accusing glare. "And how did you know who that pony was?"

"Rainbow, I think we can save the questions for later," Applejack intersected. "Right now, we have a really big bug problem on our hooves."

"Applejack's right," Rarity said. "I can't simply stand by while our home is being threatened. Beside, that thing must pay for the damages it has caused! It took me hours to set up the decorations for the Festival, and now it's all ruined!"

"Yeah, we can't let that big meanie pick on all our friends!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Right, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy, who still had Kirby in her grip, flinched. "Oh, um, actually I would like to avoid conflict if possible..."

"Poyo!" Kirby struggled to escape from Fluttershy's grasp, but he managed to squeeze out and took off running towards the direction the monster flew.

"Kirby!" Fluttershy was startled by the sudden loss of Kirby in her arms. "Come back!" But he was already out of earshot.


The entire shopping district of Ponyville was in ruin, and Bugzzy stood in the center of the wreckage unleashing a triumphant screech. Luckily none of the panicking ponies were hurt and managed to escape into their homes. Bugzzy turned towards one of the houses, and a mare quickly slammed her window close. He glared and stomped his way over. Once he was in front of the house, he spread his giant pincers and sliced through and ripped open the house wall revealing the now screaming terrified pony. The giant beetle snapped its together to intimidate the pony even more to the point she started sheading tears.

"Poyo!"

The sudden outburst forced Bugzzy to react and turn his head towards the source, only to be kicked in between his eyes and sent tumbling away from the house. Kirby landed a few feet away from the disoriented beetle with a determined glare. He looked to the crying pony who tried wiping her tears and saying 'thank you' over and over again.

Bugzzy rose up and fumed at the little pink puffball. It snapped it pincers to intimidate Kirby, but he didn't even so much as blink. They stared each other down, and waited for the other to move first.