• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 448 Views, 13 Comments

End of Balance: the Warlord´s path - Dostoron



the choice has been made, you will descend upon equestria with the might of a nation, how will it be though?

  • ...
 13
 448

Kind incarnation

From what you had heard about Fluttershy over the last few days she had a house chock full of little animals, and big ones too, that she took care of, she could also speak with them, this would be interesting for sure, you asked Zecora to take you to her so you could meet her and possibly gather some support.

Sure enough her home was secluded from the rest of town and surrounded by birdhouses. some of the birds in them, particularly the more intelligent ones, eyed you with intrigue,
the Ravens seemed to hold a small bit of excitement too. It was a secret no one ever asked that the ravens were a favored form of the departed, wardens to the otherworld they were called, observers. They knew what you were and what you want, but were they going to stop you?
You got your answer in the form of one flapping towards you and perching on Zecora's head to take a closer look at you, it moved as if bowing before flapping up and off, they seemingly approved of what was going to happen.

That little meet and greet done it was time for the next, as Zecora knocked at the door of the cottage. it opened to reveal the butter yellow pony, and right away you felt something odd, she was connected to the creatures of the wild in a way no mortal being was.
You wondered a bit longer before a grin entered your face, there had been jokes about her age before, they had no idea how right they were, she was a prim and proper forest maiden, guardian to the little creatures and guarded by the big ones.
these maidens had a severe achilles heel in their life of healing powers, the skill to tame any animal and their boundless kindness though, they were completely and utterly helpless against aggresive magics, especially those born from misused weather control and darkness.
They lacked warning instincts against it and even of they felt the touch they succumbed quickly instead.
You quickly reverted to your poor and helpless lost fairy persona, just as she made to look at you, she wasn't particularly fazed by your appearance, guessing that the fashion existed among breezies too but instead seemed pained by seeing your scars.

"you poor thing, i'll get you something for that right away."

Ah, that was the nature of the maidens, you faintly recalled back in the day Umbrum would corrupt strips of forest to lure them and then corrupt them to gain the whole forest, keeping them around as medical support for their slaves and so that the animals connected to them could be used as fodder. it was a stroke of luck to find her.

"th-thank you miss fluttershy, i'm sorry to inconvenience you."

you still had to act the part, the ravens felt what you were, and one of these critters, her familiar, would feel it too. you looked around for her guardian, dismissing the bear after a second look, he was dumb as a brick and familiars were cunning.

"it's fine, i was just about to finish feeding the animals, Angel helped me."

That name froze you, familiars were often given names like that, a testament to the lacking capacity of the light dwellers to use their brains.
Looking around you spotted a bunny glaring at you hatefully, you could see fierce intelligence in his eyes and an uncompromising desire to protect his master, yup, he was it. the one being whose life stood between you and your target, the one being that could destroy you before you got anywhere at all.

You also remembered the major problem these familiars caused, Killing the bunny was out of the question because it meant Fluttershy too would die, you needed her if you wanted to get anywhere significant in a timely fashion, you could corrupt Angel, but that would take time, in which he could cause lasting damage. Umbrum were often thwarted by these pests.

"m-miss shy, could me and Angel talk for a moment?"

"oh of course, i was going to put on some tea anyways, be nice with each other."

with that she left and you and the bunny faced each other directly. Up close and personal he was a fair bit bigger than you, sure enough he demanded ou get and stay away from her quickly.

"we both know that that is not going to happen bunbun, she'll be mine, and you will too."

In return he just grinned and leapt, paws alight with the power he wanted to use to exorcise you, big mistake.
Your butterfly wings were tiny, but so were you and you easily used the lift to land on his back and begin draining.
Angel froze terrified at what he could feel happening.

"i'm not the average umbrum, i can keep you just barely strong enough to breathe and have fun all i want while you can't lift an ear to stop me."

the bunny drooped and you knew you had won, now you had to secure your catch.

"Miss fluttershy, something is wrong with Angel bunny!"

the pegasus quickly rushed up and put th pest to bed, the other critters were owed into acting normal, they knew angel was the strongest of them, and Harry didn't get what was wrong, you had planted the corruption, draining your reserves almost dangerously, asevery last of fluttershy's little friends, her guardian Angel, and she herself now were well on the way to becoming your slaves, a good start, but tiring.

All said and done you told Zecora you'd stay over, something Fluttershy readily agreed to, a new kingdom was founding, surrounded by your now helplessly loyal followers you took to rest.