• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 448 Views, 13 Comments

End of Balance: the Warlord´s path - Dostoron



the choice has been made, you will descend upon equestria with the might of a nation, how will it be though?

  • ...
 13
 448

The assignment and the first choice

Balance, Fate clearly put immense importance to such a simple word, though his reasoning seemed Sound enough. if it even was a he at times it sounded more feminine, though you supposed that was ultimately a manner of Fashion rather than a certainty when you were a bodiless Entity... where had your thoughts gone again? oh yes, Balance.

Apparently there was an inhabited world chock full of species, in which one, Equinity or ponykind had gotten too powerful, his first solution, split them apart, there was only a Problem, even now that they were halved and a new Nation had popped up, they refused to be openly hostile to each other, something about your predecessor being too good or rather not evil enough.

From what you could gather, or rather was dumped into your brain, he had been a Pegasus convict that broke free, then proceeded to gather help and ressources before making himself a public appearance. Add to the equation how poorly Equestria handled his presence and he quickly gained half the Nation´s adoration, which he then used to found his own Nation, all in all he was pretty admirable, except that it was very much not Fate´s Intention.

Such were seemingly the pitfalls of giving your Agent free will and making him Forget he was your Agent, not that Fate could go about it differently, apparently he had a Boss too and that one carefully watched that he didn´t go too far in intervening.

So here you were, another "Resolve", another Agent sent to Change the Status Quo, made to use the Hand me down choices your predecessor didn´t take and make something of the mess he currently locked Equestria and his new Nation Tempesta in.

"As it is, I must apparently go for a threat from outside ponykind. And as luck would have it a few opportunities are there."

"Is it really luck when you are involved?" You had figured out the whole speech without an anything rather quickly.

"You raise a good Point and maybe I shall discuss it with another Resolve that is philosophically inclined."

"How many of us Agents do you have anyways?"

"As many as i deem necessary. Usually just one, but that didn´t work this time." Yeah, you about expected as much.

"Alright, so... my Job?"

"You will have to go down there and become one with a Champion of your choice, guiding their Actions, but more importantly Setting the path you will walk through your choices. I am sorry to tell you that your Options are more limited than those of your predecessor, but in a way, his work brought your possibilities about."

"Basically, go down there and do whatever i want."

"I have found that that is usually the best way to go about it, i cannot interfere a lot after all."

"So then, do i get the rundown of my Options?"

"Straight to the Point i see, the last one was more curious."

Three orbs materialize before you.

"The first is a fledgling of a species made of pure malice, an umbrum. It escaped an artifact made to imprison them, but paid dearly. It is alone but powerful and its' power grows as he gathers Followers. There are many species and it can take Control of them... Your path will be one of growth in all aspects."

The shadow pony you saw looked to be in pain, it would take steely Determination, you, to make it.

"Not choosing to aid it will Keep it off your back as well, as it will depend on you to even muster the will to go on."

"Hmm, i´ll consider it."

Another orb Pops up.

"The next Comes from a species that Long ago shaped this world, uplifting the many species of it, and then being banished as they did not want to fight their children."

Visible was a Thin figure on two legs, most of the Skin covered by a suit and only few of them and a lot of machines around.

"They have since rediscovered their abilities for combat and seek to contact them once more, their orders are to observe, take samples and learn of them, but the festering resentment of the Precursors could, with a little push, become the Will to reclaim rulership. Your path would be one of subjugation and rulership, you would have to claim them and keep them in line. Without you they will simply go on their Mission, largely ignoring the politics of the world."

"Hmm, this could get interesting."

The third and last orb Shows up.

"The third candidate is a mere officer in the Changeling Swarm, following the Queen named Chrysalis, though he has Long ago grown discontent with her obsessions and gathered help in the Swarm and outside it too, he isn´t fully committed yet, but you may Change that. You would be the one to take down the Queens and Claim all Swarms before falling over Equestria, taking the sustenance they would deny you by force."

The insectoid creature you see is looking over a wall covered in cocoons, in each the silouette of more of them is outlined.

"These three candidates may never meet, but they each hold equal chances of success or disaster, each of them could be the ruler of Equis if given the time and dedication. But i must warn you, their life will become yours and I cannot give you a do-over."

You nodded, or you would have if you had the Body to do so, before looking the orbs over. each of them were known enemies to ponykind, or forgotten enemies too, and each would ultimately wind up waging war, a friendly Nation behind them, plenty of enemies before them, it was time to choose.

Author's Note:

So, here we go for the second time. Comment vote driven like before, and only comment votes, upvoting a comment that fits your pick does not Count. just to clarify.