• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,185 Views, 9 Comments

Equestrian Judges! - Zeno the Masked Writer



The future of criminal justice is very different. Instead of trials by jury we have highly trained officers who act as Judge, jury,and executioner! They deal with every type of threat and especially those of a more magical position. They are Judges!

  • ...
6
 9
 1,185

First case: Envious Apples Part 4

Mako was thinking about the day thus far and what exactly he was gonna have to put up with soon. Needless to say, he was a little angry at the idea of getting to work so soon. He was kinda hoping to hit up a few bars around here and get plastered. But......


"Can someone please explain....." Mako said while his eyebrow twitched involuntarily.


"WHY THE HELL ARE THESE KIDS HERE!"


The Girls had followed Mako and Shiro to a small diner next to the mayor's office. The place was small and accessible to both humans and Anthros.


"Ah stop your whining!" Dash exclaimed after stuffing her face full of hay fries.


Mako felt his teeth grinding trying to hold back his anger with smoke rising from his ears. The others giggled at his mental breakdown which caused him to sneer as Shiro sipped on his tea.


"So how is progress coming on the Case?" Shiro asked with an interested stare.


The Girls focused in on Mako who felt like he was being threatened at gunpoint. He sighed and brought out a small document he was holding. Shiro took the folder and looked through it.


"I don't know much other than the fact that Silver Locket was a member of this town at some point and that someone wanted both Applejack and Silver Locket at the same place." He explained as the girls tried to peek at the documents.


"I see, well I have issued the three-day ruling. Now we have to find a way to clear Applejack of suspicion as soon as possible."


Mako sighed before pulling out Applejacks hat. "I understand that much Shiro, however, what I'm having trouble understanding is how they suspect this girl of murder only based off a hat?" He explained as Shiro observed the brown stetson.


"Anyways I would rather not dwell on this much longer. Let's let tomorrow handle itself... for know let's just eat. By the way, whose paying for this?" Mako asked as the entire group pointed at him with blank stares.


"OH THATS REAL NICE!"


After dinner, the girls, Mako, and Shiro made their way outside. It had gotten noticeably darker and by now everyone was going home to get some sleep, which reminded the Judges of one particular fact they forgot to investigate.


"UGH!!! DAMNIT I FORGOT TO BOOK US A HOTEL!" Mako shouted as he felt a headache start to form. Shiro felt his eye twitch as the thought of sleeping on the street annoyed him to no end.


Rarity coughed which caught both of their attention. Mako and Shiro looked at the girls who smiled at them.


"Well, I do owe you for helping me back at the Gala."


"I also have a guest room at the Library so one of you can stay there." The purple mare explained as both Mako and Shiro looked at each other.


"Umm, who are you?" They both asked in unison.


She seemed angry and clenched her fist like she was about to punch them both which kinda scared them.


"My name is Twilight!" She shouted at them.


Mako sighed and walked over to Rarity while Shiro walked over to Twilight. The Girls seemed content and decided to head home for the day. However, what they didn't realize was they were being watched by someone who was hiding on a rooftop.


"Well then...." The voice said as a green mist surrounded him.


"Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly!"


Shiro walked in silence as Twilight lead the way towards her library. Shiro couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched by someone, however, Twilight was too busy asking questions about his job.


"I can't believe I get the chance to talk with a real Judge! I had heard about Judges from textbooks, but I never thought I would ever get the chance to talk to one in person!!" She exclaimed with childish enthusiasm.


Shiro hardly even realized she had said something because of the bloodlust in the air. He rested his hand on his blade and vanished in a flash then grabbed Twilight to make sure she wasn't in the way.


"W-W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" She shouted as they flew by different houses.


Suddenly they appeared in front of the library and Shiro quickly flung the door open and threw her inside. Shiro turned towards the shadows only to dodge a group of black tendrils that nearly skewered him.


He quickly regained his composure and faced his attacker. The man wore a strange outfit that covered his arms completely with sleeves and out of those sleeves were the black tentacles. Shiro rested his hand on his blade and prepared himself.


"Unfortunately, you have made a grave mistake." Shiro explained as he slowly drew his sword.


"Now freeze them, My frozen angel." He recited as the air grew cooler and cooler the more he unsheathed his blade.


"SKALDI!"


As soon as these words left his mouth the air turned icy cold and the moisture turned into ice that continued to gather until it turned into a figure made of ice. The figure appeared to be an angel with two icy wings that seemed to protect Shiro, who was currently glaring at his opponent.


"Serial killer, Dark Jackel! I will take your life."


Mako sighed as he and Rarity made their way back to her home. The air in the town seemed to grow really thick with magic and he knew who was responsible. He took out another cigarette and looked around only to notice Rarity's glances at him.


"Is there something you need?" He asked which seemed to make her flustered.


"O-Oh! I'm sorry dearie....I was just thinking about what happened today." She tried to explain while hiding her blushing face.


"Yeah.....I'm sorry."


Rarity turned around to see the man with a worried expression and turned to comfort him.


"I'm sorry I bet you already have enough on your plate without me retelling what we already know." She exclaimed with a nervous laugh.


Mako blew the smoke out of his lungs and smiled as he thought of what he would have to do next when he finishes this job.


"It's cool after I'm done with this job, I'm gonna get piss drunk!"


Rarity felt sweat drop her brow watching the human laugh like an idiot at the idea of getting drunk. Suddenly Mako stopped laughing and quickly rushed towards Rarity with a determined look. Rarity felt him grab her in a tight embrace and felt her heart skip a beat as she got a whiff of his smoky sent.


However, suddenly she felt something wet hit her face and suddenly she had realized what happened. Mako had been stabbed by an unknown assailant.


"MAKO!!!"


TO BE CONTINUED