• Published 23rd Dec 2015
  • 592 Views, 7 Comments

Moonlit Shadows - rooberry



Banishing your true love, then being banished by you own sister can take a toll on the heart.

  • ...
3
 7
 592

Like Old Times

Author's Note:

Hey guys, yes I am now currently writing two stories. Here is a link to my other story, https://www.fimfiction.net/story/258404/likely. So go check that out. And all I have to say is like coment and follow.:pinkiehappy::heart:

Also i have dicided that they will not be using the, 2,000 years ago, royal voices, but this takes place mabe 10 years before the defeat of Sombra and the disaperance of the crystal empire.

As the princess of the night sat in her darkened bedroom, she stared at the stack of in opened, unmailed letters.

She sat at her writing desk. Crumppled balls of paper cluttering the space. Luna thought for a moment.

And after a long moment of thought, picked up a quill, dipped it into the small amount of ink left in the jar and started to write.

"My dearest.

I've heard of your return to your empire. Please, I beg you. Don't harm my friends. And please try and remember... remember us."

~~~~~~


Two young alicorns were playing in the castle garden. One, a filly with colors of royal blue. The other was a grey colt with emerald green eyes. They pushed each other on an old swing.

"Push me higher. Push me higher." The filly said flapping her tiny wings pretending to fly.

"I'm pushing as hard as I can." The colt said.

"Use your magic." She said playfully. "I know you learned the force spell I showed you."

"I know, I know. But your sister uses that spell to raise the sun. And she has to help you with the moon. I just don't think I should." He said as he stopped pushing the swing and sat on the ground.

"You're scared. Is it your dad?" She asked.

"Yeah he said I can't practice magic because I'm too clumsy." He answered sadly.

Suddenly the young filly was struck by an idea. "Well then I promise that whenever you want we will practice together in secret. Ok?"

"Ok." He said cheerfully.


~~~~~~~~~


"I miss when we were young and we flew to the highest cloud we could find to practice magic. Those were the good days. When all magic was innocent and was all fun and games. Before I got my cutie mark and..... the accident."

~~~~~~~~

Time had passed for the two alicorns now teens they were adventurous rebellions.

Luna waited patiently on the top of the highest cloud. Luna's and Sombra's, or "Shadow" as he liked to be called, usual meeting spot. But now was different shadow was late, he was always the first. Come to think of it Luna was usually the late one.

Luna looked at the clouds below she saw shadow far below her flying weakly. Luna rushed to his side to aid him. She helped him fly up to the cloud. After a moment to catch her breath she had realized, in the moment she had not yet asked him why he was weak. She looked at his back and her question was already answered. His skin was covered in bruises.

"What happened to you?" Luna shrieked as she ran to his side examining his injuries.

"Oh it's nothing," he said fakely, "it's just *sigh* today it's been exactly 10 years since my mom gave me to Coal and died in the war and he…"

"Your dad did this to you!" Luna said in shock and anger.

"He is not my dad, you know as well as I do Luna, I have no dad ever since he decided, not to keep me and give me to his ‘best friend’ and then vanished." He had not realized he was yelling until Luna's eyes were filled with tears from seeing her friend like that. He ran up to her and squeezed her close. "Luna you are my best friend and you have always been here for me. No magic practice today, let's just sit."

So they stayed there at the top of the cloud looking at the sky. Time was still, they had forgotten their worries, and for a moment all was right with the world.

Luna suddenly sat up and looked around, the sun was already setting.

"Your sister's sun is beautiful tonight." Shadow said sitting up to the edge of the cloud. Luna scooted close to him. They sat there for a brief moment and looked into each other's eyes. "Luna I.."

"I already know."

They both leaned in and there lips met. Even though they did not expect the other to do the same, they were in no surprise when they stayed there. Once again the moment was frozen and lingered without the pass of time. When they finally parted the sun had completely set but it's colors still stayed. Luna fluttered off the cloud.

"Goodnight." She said softly. She had only flew a few feet out when she heard Shadow screaming her name. She turned and looked around swiftly. She found him falling, faster and faster toward the ground. She frantically tried to catch up to him. But it was too late, he hit the ground, unconscious, just as she got close enough to stop his fall.

~~~~~~


Luna snapped out of a moment of thought to write, "If only I were faster. Maybe… Maybe things would be different."


~~~~~~~


Luna was not thinking of her surroundings, or the people screaming at her to move, only the fact that her best friend and new love was lying in her arms unconscious. She did not hear a thing not even her own crying only a high pitched noise, that sounded as if she had just gone deaf.

In the blink of an eye she was no longer sitting on the bloody grass with her love in her arms, but in the hospital emergency waiting room, alone and puffy eyed. She looked up to see she actually was alone no Coal or Celestia. But she just figured Coal was to drunk with sorrow over a long lost love to care about his injured "son" and her sister was too "busy" to deal with her only family and friend. Seconds passed, minutes, hours. Luna was tired but not sleepy. How could she sleep even though it's late and her sister had probably raised the moon. So she sat, not moving or thinking, just sitting. She was finally approached by a nurse.

"Excuse me but, who are you here for?" She said softly

"Um, Shadow Bright." Luna responded tears forming in her eyes. "No, sorry, Sombra…...Bright." She broke into a weeping cry.

"There there. Sombra Bright checked into a recovery suite two or three hours ago, he's fine. Would you like to see him."

Luna nodded her head weakly. And followed the nurse down the halls past room after identical room. Then they finally stopped and the nurse opened the door. Looking at the floor, Luna walked in, when she finally looked up to see him she was shocked. He was covered in bandages and wires and tubes connected almost every inch of his body to some machine. Luna dropped to her knees at his bed side.

"I'll give you some time your majesty." The nurse said as she exited the room.

Luna did not see her turn the corner, but she did hear her speak to someone outside the door.

"She's right in there." The nurse said.

"Thank you." A familiar voice said in response. Celestia ran up to her sobbing sister. "Don't you ever scare me like that again, I thought you were dead."

Luna's blood began to boil. "If you thought it was me why didn't you come last night!"

"I could not leave my post, unlike you!" Both were now engulfed by rage.

"Oh yeah I forgot, you don't care about family now that your the all high and mighty princess in training, and it's not like you teacher could fill in for you this one time, oh wait he could!!"

"Are you forgetting what happened to mom and dad when they left their posts in the war, for us!"

Both girls were now in tears. Celestia quickly regained her composure and made a decision.

"Luna, say your goodbyes to Sombra." She said painfully.

"WHAT!!!"

"As of today *sigh* as of today you are no longer aloud to see him. You have five minutes." Celestia slammed the door behind her.