• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 1,997 Views, 169 Comments

Afraid Of My Shadow - Deyeaz



Sometimes, our most irrational fears can become our worst nightmares.... (Sequel to Horns, Hooves, and Fur)

  • ...
7
 169
 1,997

Prologue: Part II - Lament Of A Satyr (Praxis)

Afraid Of My Shadow

~Written by CraimerX and ShadowWeaver~

Prologue: Part II - Lament Of A Satyr (Praxis)

Four years.

Four... long... Goddamned years.

That’s how long I’ve waited in this stone prison of mine. The concrete walls of this impossibly small cage I’m locked inside of seem to just... close in around me, like the claustrophobia I have suddenly intensified over this near-half of a decade.

I just wish that... time would be kind to me. Just let me free someday soon and let me bask in the oxygen I miss so much.

But alas, time is not on my side. Nor has she ever been for the last twenty-one years of my life existing.

Oh. I’m terribly sorry. In lieu of wanting to tell you my story, I’ve never even bothered with introducing myself.

My name is Praxis Moradov. I believe you’ve heard of me as being the first satyr to ever walk upon Equestria, the means of which is through a portal that my possible-marefriend Lyra Heartstrings conjured up, which I assume is something she uses when she wants to study up on humans.

Four years prior to this poor lament of mine, Lyra unintentionally sent me here to Equestria, where I was instantly looked upon as an outcast and a monster by all the other ponies. Insanity, the very being that I had created from all the hate and sadness that I held with me, had turned me into a horrible caricature of myself: the Weresatyr, a horrible monster that makes itself known whenever the Sun goes down and the Moon is in the sky. Along the way, I have met three people who I would trust for the rest of my life: Jason Romero, a Chaos Reaper who was sent here many months before me by Twilight Sparkle; Vinyl Scratch, the DJ of Equestria and wife of Jason; and Ezekiel, or Zeke, the Grim Reaper who had given his trust to Jace.

But how I got like this, to be imprisoned as a statue for what I think will be forever?

Me and the Chaos Reaper battled the mad god, Insanity, before he could eviscerate the world with the Moon of Destruction, the very moon of Princess Luna that he had mutilated and bastardized. However, in the process, my arm was... lost. Lopped clean off by Insanity's sword, Dementia, the very cause of my abilities to become a Weresatyr in the first place. But right before Jace would be locked in a battle with Insanity for what would possibly be eons, I decided to end it, by tricking Insanity into overshadowing me, letting him believe that his possessing my body would mean immortality and limitless power.

And while my arm may have grown back because of this overshadowing, the process itself was terrible.

Do you know what it's like to be overshadowed?

It's more along the lines of simply being possessed, yet worse. You lose whatever self-control you have, making you act like a mindless monster. Any chance of resistance would be practically futile. I had only been successful for briefly fighting against the possession because my body had made Insanity so weak, due to being stripped of both my Weresatyr abilities and my place as a Reaper, a society of male individuals that gather souls and judge the condemned, determining whether the accused are blessed with Heaven or banished to Hell. Had I not asked my friends to do what they had done, I would've slaughtered every single man, woman, and child in my proximity.

Thankfully, the others knew what to do.

Once Jace and Vinyl had encased me in their magical hold and preventing both my and Insanity’s escapes, the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, fired the Harmony Cannon at me, encasing my body in stone for what would be centuries to come.

While I am eternally grateful for what they've done, I don’t want to wait for freedom. I want it NOW.

I want to see my friends. I want to see my ...marefriend, Lyra, and my child, who I expect is already born.... I want to see Jace and Vinyl, even if it would be for the last time.

Oh, well... we can’t have everything that we want. No matter how hard we fight, kick, punch, bite, and scream for it...

There's nothing I can do about being free, at this point... but that doesn't mean it won't happen.