• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 297 Views, 5 Comments

The Bomb Pony - Sparky Blaze



When Sparky Blaze tries to test a new magicaly-enhaced bomb to totally change the world of pyrotechnology, things go slightly downhill.

  • ...
2
 5
 297

Please Tell The Sun Where We're Going

-Some time before-

Luna and Discord had returned to canter lot after they cast a tracking spell on the suspicious hard hat cat, but preparations for finding whatever evil force that had blocked almost all magical usage by all creatures was still far from over. The first thing to do before all else though was to let Princess Celestia know about how things were going so far. Discord and Luna drew straws, and it was decided that Luna was to take care of it.

So Luna went over to her bed quarters, opened her armory cabinet, and put on her full set of armour.

“I believe I am set for the task now, but I still think this won't do any good.” Luna said as she adjusted the straps on her chest piece.

So Luna started going over to Celestia's quarters, but then she noticed there were no guards at the door. In fact, there weren't any guards to be seen anywhere inside the castle at all.

Luna thought for a minute, and figured out why.” It must mean they are all attending to Tia, I think. She does go overkill when she goes all 'super-motherly' on the bearers.”

Then she heard some banging. Some banging coming from the throne room. The very same room that the element bearers were in with a half-crazed princess.

With some crazy spurt of energy, the blue alicorn half-flew to the throne room at incredible speed.

Luna looked at one of the guards that were close to the throne room door. “THY PRINCESS IS HERE! WHAT IS THE MATTER?”

“My princess! I'm so glad you're here!” The guard said, saluting.

“Yes, I am here! What are you guard doing!?” Luna screamed.

The guard took a few steps back. “You see, princess, we are trying to knock down the door to the throne room.”

Luna put her hoofs on his shoulder and smiled. “Why, tell me, why are you DEFACING MY CASTLE?”

Some guards would later say the poor guard wet his armour that moment. “W-we are trying to rescue princess twilight sparkle, your highness! We can't open the door! It won't budge! Don't kill me!”

Luna and a few other guards face hoofed at his expense, before Luna replied, “I won't kill you, but why does twilight need rescuing?”

Another guard replied, “because we heard someone in there say: help me, I'm twilight, Celestia is almost molesting me in a motherly way! Can't use magic, send help!”

Luna made a face. “And you need to break down the door and save her because...?”

“Didn't you hear me!?” The poor guard half whined. “ Princess twilight is trapped with some evil monster that stole her magic and is impersonating Princess Celestia!”

“Ah.” Luna sighed.

She then looked around at the guards who were assisting the 'rescue'. There were no unicorns anywhere to be seen.

She approached another guard, a Pegasus, and asked why there were no unicorn guards anywhere.

“Well, Princess, they all called in sick today, saying their magic wasn't as good as it should be or something.” The Pegasus answered.

“So, no unicorns at all came to work today?” Luna asked.

“There are one or two unicorns in the castle, but no unicorn guards.” He answered.

Luna thanked him, and thought on what she should do now. Then a rogue thought appeared on her mind, and sadly for her, it was the only one.

“Okay, calm down, I got this.” Luna put on a smug smile as she finished speaking. “One, two, three, Discord.”

Luna felt a breath on her mane. She turned around, slightly spooked, and saw nothing.

“Miss me, Moon Butt?” The draconeqqus asked.

“Gack!” Luna gasped as she lost footing and fell to the floor.

A few guards giggled as she stood back up, and some were simply too stunned to react.

“Discord, don't do that! We have a deal!” Luna screeched.

“Ah yes, the quote on quote, 'deal'.” Discord said.

Luna pointed at the door and told him why she called him. “Discord, we have a situation here. My sister is keeping the element bearers in captivity due to her motherly instinct and the prospect of a magic-draining monster like Tirek.”

Discord put on some shades. “Then you want me to open the door, am I right?”

Luna nodded.

“Then say no more! It's as good as done!” He exclaimed, smiling.

Some seconds pass before the whole situation becomes awkward.

“Aren't you going to open the... oh I see.” Luna said. “You already opened it.”

“Yep.”

“Then let's get this settled and then find where the cat from last night is.” Luna said, smiling.

As Luna and Discord opened the throne room doors, a pair of pony ninjas clad in black grabbed them and tackled them both in.

“We should leave. Shit's getting real.” One guard said to his comrades.

“Agreed.” They answered.

Author's Note:

So we have yet another chapter! I managed to find a way to write modest amounts of words per week semi-reliably now, so chapter updates should be a little more frequent and of higher word count. Hope you guys are enjoying the story!

Btw, I need a proofreader soon, since I don't have much spare time nowadays, and editing all my mistakes takes a lot of potential writing time from me. If anyone wants to or knows someone, please tell me!

See you next chapter! :pinkiehappy: