• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 297 Views, 5 Comments

The Bomb Pony - Sparky Blaze



When Sparky Blaze tries to test a new magicaly-enhaced bomb to totally change the world of pyrotechnology, things go slightly downhill.

  • ...
2
 5
 297

The Reception Party

Since the poor mares had just woken up from being blacked out after some huge blast of unknown nature knocked them out, and then were teleported all the way to Canterlot, it was only logical for them to be very confused and, for those that were not used to teleportation, sick.

As soon as they were teleported into the throne room, Rainbow Dash asked the princesses just "what the HAY was THAT?". But right as Celestia was going to open her mouth to tell them, she asked with her hooves in her mouth, "where's the nearest bathroom?"

"Uhh, it's at the end of the hallway behind you." Celestia mumbled while pointing to the corridor while facehoofing.

Hearing that, Rainbow turned around and flew as fast as her wings could carry her down the corridor, and seconds later a crash, a bang, and a flush were heard. Luna couldn't help but grin while it all unfolded. It was nice to see something funny after suffering through a session of Discord's antics.

"So, your highnesses, did ya'll bring us here because of that explosion thingmagig?" Applejack asked, getting to the chase. Celestia shuffled around a bit hearing that. "So, is it because of that?"

"If you don't mind aswering, that is..." Fluttershy added timidly.

Luna looked at the mares and simply said, "Yes, that might have SOMETHING to do with why you're here.."

"Luna! This is not the time to take out your anger of Discord on them! They were much closer to whatever happened, so please! Some respect!"

Celestia half-whispered to her sister with a frown. Turning to the 5 mares still in the throne room, she said, "as soon as Rainbow Dash comes back, we will tell you everything we know."

That seemed to satisfy Applejack enough that she just sat there waiting for the rainbowy pegasus to come back. But all was not ok with Twilight. She looked like she was about to cry, and Celestia was quick to pick up on that.

"Twilight?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, Princess Cele-lestia?" She answered with her head down.

"What's wrong my Faithful Student?" Celestia asked.

"Other than the obvious disaster that is this day?" Luna added.

Celestia glared at her sister with poison in her eyes.

"A-HEM. Yes, other than that. What is the matter, Twilight?" She asked again.

Twilight turned away from her mentor as she suppressed a sniffle. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Awww, c'mon Twilight! Why not? It can't be worse than the big bad boom that knocked everypony out and totally, and I mean, TOTALLY looked awesometastic, riiiiiight?" Pinkie asked with a cheery smile.

"Yes it can." Twilight answered, not budging at all.

Celestia knew that when her student acted like that, it could either be a VERY serious problem, or a small issue that she took too seriously. "Twilight, tell me what happened."

As expected, she answered "I don't want to."

Celestia was getting tired of waiting for her to answer, so she simply said,"By Royal Decree of the seal of the Sun, you will answer me, Twilight. Don't make me put you in a dungeon for life because of something silly."

THAT made the bird sing, so to speak.

"Oh I'm SO SORRY CELESTIA! I wa-was only trying to send you a le-letter using Spike's magic, and it simply burned the letter!" Twilight was sobbing now. "I told Spike to take another letter, and another, and ANOTHER, and it wouldn't work! I was so desperate that I screamed at Spike, and h-he said that if I was going to treat him like t-that, I was going to have to write my own letters and send them myself!"

"But that's not so bad, my Faithful Student, and I'm sure you learned your lesson on the matte-"

"That's not all! Then when I tried to bring the scrolls over to write a message to you, MY MAGIC WOULDN'TWORKANDIPANICKEDANDKICKEDABOOK! OHMYGOSHI'MSOSORRY!"

That made Celestia remember just how easy ponies can panic over the smallest of things, and how that reaction to not being able to use magic would escalate into a nationwide panic that couldn't be contained and.. Oh BUCK I'M SCREWED. Better do something about that in the next hour. But first, I need to make my student stop crying.

"Twilight, listen to me. I am well aware that the connection to the mana pool that unicorns use has been blocked and I am also aware that an explosion with what seems to be infused magical properties might have something to do with it, and last time I checked, books don't have feelings. There! Did I forget anything?" Celestia shot down every single worry that Twilight had, and that made the lavender alicorn calm down.

"So you're not gonna jail me?" Twilight asked.

"Why would I? I just said that so you would tell me what was wrong." Celestia smirked.

"Oh, okay.. still, why are WE here?" Twilight asked, since Celestia and Luna hadn't heard that a couple times already.

Just then Rainbow Dash dashed back into the throne room and with the dignity of a monkey stealing jewelry, said, "I'm all good now! What'd I miss?"

Author's Note:

I was felling inspired and guilty for making you guys waiting so long, I wrote yet another chapter! Enjoy! :trollestia: