• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 948 Views, 15 Comments

The Adventure of Two Sisters - StormLuna



Colgate is bored, very bored. She decides to journey into the Everfree Forest and discovers a portal to a different world from an earlier time. She discovers something that not only she, but her sister would want.

  • ...
7
 15
 948

A Normal Saturday Morning

It was a nice spring day in Ponyville as the sun shone in through Colgate's window, waking her up. Normally Colgate would be in a rush to eat some breakfast and get to work but it was Saturday so she was able to relax. She hit the snooze button a couple times but eventually she could not get anymore rest, the light prevented that so she headed downstairs to find her sister impatiently waiting at the table, waiting for breakfast. When she saw this she was not amused.

Lyra saw her come in and asked, "Colgate, are you ok? Normally you are already down here to fix us breakfast."

Even though Lyra was a decade younger than Colgate, this did not sit well with her. She asked, "Lyra, are you really that lazy that you have to wait for me to cook something for you?"

Lyra replied, "But I wanted to have eggs and bacon. You are so good at fixing that."

Colgate sighed, "Lyra, you are 18 years old. I would think that you would be able to cook for yourself."

Lyra replied, "Well if you wouldn't just always cook for us and teach me, I would be able to."

Colgate sighed, "Oh you're right. Ok, this morning will be your first lesson."

Colgate took Lyra to the stove and they began to fix breakfast. After fixing a couple eggs Colgate had Lyra cook a couple of her own and she did an excellent job at it as she did not even break a single yolk. Colgate did the same with the bacon and it turned out that Lyra could cook it quite well as well. Colgate patted her sister on the back and said, "You see Lyra, that wasn't so hard."

Lyra enthusiastically replied, "Now I can fix you breakfast before you go to the office!"

Colgate smiled, "You don't have to do that. How about we take turns? One day I cook, the next day you do and continue on that routine."

Lyra replied, "That sounds good to me."

They sat down to breakfast and gobbled their food before it got cold. After breakfast Lyra headed upstairs to read a new comic book she had bought recently while Colgate sat down to watch the news. While Lyra quickly got into her comic, it was a rather slow news day and Colgate quickly became bored. She flipped through the channels looking for something good but nothing decent was to be found. Soon she heard her sister scream, "What, humans and ponies coexist?"

Since she was not doing anything at the moment she decided to see what Lyra's loudness was all about. She headed upstairs and pushed Lyra's door open. She asked, "Lyra, what do you mean humans and ponies coexist? You know there's no such thing as humans don't you?"

Lyra motioned for Colgate to come over and look at her comic book. It was an old My Little Pony comic book. Colgate was looking through it and saw a blonde girl interacting with ponies and sighed, "Lyra, this is a comic book. It ain't real."

Lyra replied, "You never know, it could be like this somewhere else in Equestria!"

Colgate sighed, "Listen, if creatures like that existed we would have heard about them....and those ponies, their eyes are so small and they look so, how do I put this lightly, prepared for a famine."

Lyra replied, "Come on sis, you just have to believe!"

Colgate rolled her eyes and headed back downstairs. She began to pace back and forth wondering what to do. There was nothing good on TV, there was nothing she needed to catch up on at the office and she didn't feel like going out and mingling with her friends. She then decided that perhaps some time out of the house would do her good so she decided she was going to take a stroll in the Everfree Forest.

She knew Lyra would wonder where she was if she suddenly was gone so she yelled, "Lyra, I need some solitude. I'm going for a walk."

Lyra shouted back, "Ok sis, see you later!"

Colgate left their house and headed towards the forest. While she did run into Amethyst and talked with her for a few minutes, she eventually got to the edge of the forest. She said to herself, "Thank goodness! Peace and quiet!"