• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 946 Views, 15 Comments

The Adventure of Two Sisters - StormLuna



Colgate is bored, very bored. She decides to journey into the Everfree Forest and discovers a portal to a different world from an earlier time. She discovers something that not only she, but her sister would want.

  • ...
7
 15
 946

The Sisters' Trip to Dream Valley

A month had passed since Colgate had told Lyra about the existence of Ponyland and Dream Valley. While she was hoping that Lyra had forgotten that she offered to take her there, that was not the case. It was another Saturday morning and before the sun even rose, Lyra would wake Colgate up. She nudged her and said, "Colgate, get up! We have a busy day ahead of us!"

Colgate glared at her and yawned, "Lyra Heartstrings, what are you doing waking me so early? The sun hasn't even came up yet and what do you mean we have a busy day today?"

Lyra replied, "Well it has been a month since you returned from Ponyland and you promised me you would take me there in a month, and it has been a month."

Colgate sighed, "Oh alright but don't you think both of us better get a bit more rest. I am still tired and if I am not well rested, I'm not going anywhere."

Lyra pouted, "Ok Colgate. I understand."

Lyra left Colgate's room and let her rest more. While Colgate was obviously angry that she was woken up so early, she did make a promise to her sister, a promise that she was not going to go back on. An hour later the sun finally shone in on Colgate and she woke up well rested. She headed downstairs to find Lyra ready to go. Colgate saw this and was not amused. She asked, "Lyra, don't you think we should eat some breakfast before we go?"

Lyra replied, "Oh yeah, we probably should. I'm just so excited to go!"

Colgate cooked them breakfast and as they ate, all Lyra could do was talk about how excited she was to go to Dream Valley and meet Megan. While Colgate smiled and pretended to be happy, she was a bit frustrated. She just wanted to get going, go there so Lyra could meet Megan and then come home.


Once they finished breakfast they headed out towards the Everfree Forest. While Colgate was walking at a rather leisurely pace, Lyra was bouncing along like Pinkie does and was soon way ahead of her sister. She looked back and yelled, "Come on sis, you don't have to walk so slow!"

Colgate sighed and increased her pace. Once they got into the forest they heard some timberwolves howling. This caused Lyra to freeze in her tracks. She said, "Colgate, I'm scared."

Colgate interrupted, "Look Lyra, you're the one who wanted to do this. I would think that the chance of meeting that human would cause your determination to push away any fear."

Lyra asked, "What do we do if we run into any timberwolves?"

Colgate sighed, "I'll just blast them apart with my magic. When your magic is as strong as mine is, timberwolves pose no threat."

After an hour and a half of walking they finally reach the waterfall. Colgate points her hoof to it and says, "Alright Lyra, the portal is behind that waterfall. Let's get going."

The two teleported beyond the waterfall and saw the portal. Lyra asked, "I take it that is how you get there?"

Colgate thought this was a rather dumb question. She replied, "Yes Lyra, it is. Why else would we have come here, just for the fun of it?"

While Lyra felt a little uncomfortable after the way her sister responded to her, she was still excited. As they crossed through the portal Lyra's excitement grew. Soon they saw light coming from the other side of the cave. Once they stepped out into Ponyland, Lyra excitedly said, "I always knew it was real but I never imagined I would get to see Ponyland with my own eyes!"

Colgate sighed and pointed her hoof off towards the valley. She said, "You see the path that goes down into the valley? That is how we get to Dream Castle."

Lyra hugged her sister and took off. She yelled, "Come on sis! You're lagging behind."

All Colgate could do was sigh and pick up the pace. Soon they began to descend into the forested valley and Lyra was surprised by how the forest was. She cheerfully said, "Wow Colgate. This forest seems so peaceful! It's nothing like the deep, dark scary Everfree."

Colgate replied, "Well just wait. If it is anything like it was when I came here, we will run into ponies who interrogate you over anything and everything."

Soon they ran into Surprise and Firefly. Given that Firefly was suspicious of Colgate when she first met her, seeing two large eyed ponies made her seriously wonder what is going on. Many of the ponies in Dream Valley had been warned by Queen Majesty to be on the lookout for Colgate and any other large eyed pony. Firefly pointed her hoof at Colgate and asked, "What are you doing here again? Are you a spy?" She then looked at Lyra and yelled, "A second one! We must warn Queen Majesty that more of the witches' creations are invading."

As they were getting ready to take off Colgate grabbed them in her aura and said, "Look, we are not creations of some group of witches." She glared at them and continued, "Is it a federal crime for ponies from abroad to simply walk around here?"

Firefly shouted, "Wait a minute, how are you doing this? No one except Majesty can hold other ponies with their magic. You have to be ev......"

Surprise began to giggle, "Being held in your aura tickles! How can you do it?"

Colgate replied, "Well where we come from, some unicorns can hold others in their aura."

Firefly snapped, "Oh, and where is that? The Volcano of Gloom?"

Colgate finally decided to release them and said, "Look, like I told you last time I come from way east of those hills. My sister and I have business we must attend to so we must get going."

Firefly shouted, "Come on Surprise, we must go and warn Majesty about these two."

The two pegasi took off leaving behind a nervous Lyra and an angry Colgate. Lyra asked, "Colgate, why does Firefly think we are evil?"

Colgate sighed, "Because we look different. I swear, she along with Majesty are very judgmental. Other than the white one, I wonder if any of the others aren't so suspicious of outsiders?"

While Colgate was not overly fond of the ponies she had met and felt that the others would be the same way, Lyra was shocked that Firefly would behave in such a way, after all, she does not behave like that in the comic book. Firefly's behavior would not dampen her enthusiasm of meeting other ponies though and it certainly wasn't lessening her excitement of meeting Megan.