• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 875 Views, 33 Comments

Spacebound Equestria - TheMajorTechie



After a horrible defeat against Sombra, the remaining ponies board the ship 'Equestrian Pride', and head for the heavens above. What awaits them... is held within...

  • ...
5
 33
 875

Chapter 1: The Decision

It was time. Sombra was quickly advancing on Canterlot with his army of mind-controlled ponies. Within hours, if nothing is done, all will be lost. It was time. Celestia sighed and longingly look one last, quick, look at her room. She had made sure that the ship would be able to hold the personal belongings of herself and her subjects, Luna aside.

"Luna..." She thought, looking up at the sky. She stared up at the moon, where she had once again banished Luna in the form of Nightmare Moon. She looked back down, this time at the massive crowd of ponies gathering under the balcony to listen to what she had to give.

She took a deep breath, and announced, "To all citizens of Equestria, our land, our lives, our freedom, is in great danger on this day. Our last battle has been lost, Sombra is advancing, we need to evacuate." She listened closely to the grumbling from the crowd. "Any questions?"

Then, she heard a high, squeaky voice. "Princess? Do you think we'll ever come back home?" Celestia thought about it for a moment, and glanced towards the horizon, where a mass of darkness was beginning to materialize.

She looked back down towards the crowd, and said, "I don't believe we'll ever return, let alone even see Equestria ever again." The crowd began talking to each other again. The actual amount of ponies beneath the balcony wasn't very large, with Sombra forcing the residents of each city he had conquered to fight for him. Now, there were only two places left unconquered; Canterlot, and a shoddy little village called Ponyville. Here, ponies of both places had gathered for answers.

Celestia looked to the guard on her left. He made a motion with his hoof for her to continue speaking. Once again, she eyed the oncoming darkness that slowly consumed the landscape. She knew that though they were slow, Sombra and his army would make it to Canterlot in no time. She cleared her throat. "As I was saying, we are now left with no other choice than to evacuate. Do I make my point clear?"

The crowd quieted down to allow an elderly stallion to ask, "Princess, are you going to bring Nightmare Moon with you? After all, I've read that she's your sister." The crowd gasped. It was little known to the public that Celestia herself could possibly be related to a monster such as Nightmare Moon, who had been quickly and forcefully defeated and banished back to the moon when she returned.

Celestia paused, and quickly replied, "Yes. After all, she is my sister. I will make sure that she will do no harm to us. Now then, I must get a quick vote. Who here wants to stay behind and fight every last second, even though we are almost sure of defeat?"

The crowd quickly silenced, each pony completely frozen in place. Celestia continued. "And now, who agrees that we as the remnants of our great nation of Equestria should evacutate at once?" She watched the ponies below, each one raising a hoof or shouting. "It is decided. Pack your personal belongings, and meet here in three hours for evacuation plans.