• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 1,342 Views, 26 Comments

Accord - lorettafox



Discord has been turned into a pegasus colt in an attempt to redeem himself to harmony.

  • ...
2
 26
 1,342

Prologue

Discord was sitting in his throne located in the middle of "the chaos capital of the world" or better known as Ponyville, before he completely overran the small town with chaos. Buildings floated into the sky and some were even floating upside down, animals were dancing all around the place (mostly buffalo), and the ground was in an unnatural checkerboard layout and not even in the natural black and white colors either, the ground was all sorts of different colors.

Discord laughed happily as apple pies began raining themselves down on Ponyville, quickly moving past him and towards the northern part of the small chaotic town. Discord smiled at all the chaos he had created, positive that this is what Equestria was going to be like from now on. A cotton candy cloud appeared next to him, catching him by surprise, but smiled as he summoned a glass and filled it with the chocolate milk rain falling from the cloud.

"Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing." he mused as he was about to sip the glass of chocolate milk, but got cut off by a mare's confidence-filled voice.

"But not as wonderful as friendship!" Twilight Sparkle stated, her friends by her sides as they had all been freed from Discord's personality altering spell. They all had the look of confidence on them, determined to end his reign of chaos.

Discord smirked as he let out a half annoyed groan. "This again?" He sipped on the glass of chocolate milk but actually sipped away the actual glass, and leaving the chocolate milk itself completely as solid as the glass that had surrounded it. He eyed the chocolate milk for a second before throwing it behind him, which exploded on impact as he smiled evilly.

"That's right! You couldn't break apart our friendship for long!" Applejack spoke determined.

"Oh Applejack don't lie to me!" he spoke as a finger on his lion paw began to glow, causing the Applejack's elemental necklace to pull forward towards Discord and was hoisted into the air by him. "I'm the one who made you a liar!"

Applejack tried to break free of Discord's magic, but he was more powerful than she was. In an instant, Discord's entire lion paw began to glow as a happy evil look was plastered on his face. Using his magic, the rest of the elements, expect Twilight, levitated in front of him. The others tried to break free of his magical grip like AJ had, but they failed as well.

"Will you ever learn?" he taunted the floating elements.

Twilight knew she had to do something. With focus determination, her horn began to glow as she disappeared from her spot and up towards her friends, a now protective bubble surrounding them. Her friends looked at the protective bubble in surprise as Twilight used her magic to lower them back onto the ground.

"I'll tell you what we've learned, Discord." Twilight spoke with all the confidence she could as Discord gave her a look of pure amusement. "We learned that friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for!"

Discord quickly approached the Mane 6. "Eww, gag!" he said with a disgusted expression, startling the ponies just a bit. "Fine go ahead. Try and use your little elements. Friend me!" he taunted.

"But just make it quick!" he spoke seriously the next second. He disappeared and reappeared in his throne sporting an almost sadistic look. "I'm missing some excellent chaos here!"

"Alright ladies, let's show him what friendship can do!" Twilight smiled, knowing that Discord would be defeated this time.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Pinkie Pie called as she was under a cotton candy cloud, drinking some chocolate milk rain. She filled her mouth once more and swallowed the milk rain happily before returning to her friends, now sporting a serious face, determined to defeat Discord with them.

Twilight's horn began to glow as a bright glow surrounded the Mane 6. Discord yawned in boredom, thinking that they would just fail like they had before. Twilight's glow quickly touched the Elemental necklaces, causing their shapes to pulse out rather quickly in their own special color. The elements stopped pulsing after a second and began firing their shapes outwards at Discord.

Discord looked at the Mane 6 in surprise, as this hadn't happened the last time they tried the elements on him. "Huh? What's this?" he spoke in confusion. The elements' shapes kept shooting out towards him, he could see that they were actually working this time. "No."

The Mane 6 were now floating in the air as the magic of the elements began to work. Twilight's crown was the last to effectively glow. She opened her eyes as they were now filled with the Elements powerful magic.

'Teach him a lesson he'll never forget.' Twilight thought to herself as a rainbow emerged from the elements and immediately made their way towards Discord. The rainbow completely engulfed him as he cried out his last no before the rainbow that surrounded him completely blocked out his sound from the ponies.

The rainbow also created a dome around Ponyville, which wiped out all of Discord's magic from it and it spreaded outwards, removing all the potential chaos Discord had spread through Equestria. The ponies levitated back down onto the ground as their elements had stopped glowing.

"We did it!" Fluttershy cheered happily, an outburst that was very rare from her, but she was so happy that he had been defeated, she couldn't control herself. "He won't cause any more danger to Equestria or the poor little animals." she smiled.

"That meanie pants won't cause no more harm! You know what, we should throw a Discord-is-defeated-and-Equestria-is-saved party!" Pinkie offered happily.

"Easy there, sugarcube. We need to inform the princess on Discord's defeat first." Applejack informed her.

Twilight looked at the ground ahead of her in confusion. "Where is Discord anyways? Didn't the elements reverse him back into a stone statue?"

"Well, a tacky stone statue couldn't have just disappeared like that, dear." said Rarity. "Perhaps the magic of the elements threw the statue abit out of our views. He shouldn't be hard to find. After all, he's the only statue of his kind." she smiled.

The Mane 6 trotted forward to go and look for Discord's statue, only to stop after a few steps when they heard a familiar groan behind them. They all quickly whipped themselves around and saw Discord, lying on the ground on his back, and moaning as if he had a headache.

"Discord?" the ponies said in unison.

"But how can that be? We watched the rainbow completely engulf him!" Rainbow panicked. "How is he not a stone statue?"

"Does that mean the elements can't work on him after being in that stone imprisonment for a thousand years?" Rarity panicked as the thought as a chaos filled world made her shiver. "We can't let him escape! I can't live in a mismatched world created by him again!"

Discord, whose head was now pounding after being hit by the elemental rainbow, quickly took notice that he was still fine and hadn't been turned back into stone like he had the first time the elements were used on him. He turned his head and saw looks of horror on the elemental bears' faces. Their looks caused him to start laughing, despite the headache he had.

"It seems Celestia's elements aren't as powerful as once they once were supposed!" he laughed as he got onto his feet. "This is just too perfect! It seems chaos is more powerful than friendship."

"Friendship will always triumph over chaos, Discord!" Twilight yelled angrily.

"You say that and yet, here I am, still gracing your presence. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some chaos that your little elements wiped out. Ciao!" he smiled as he snapped his eagle claw. He just stood there, no magic had taken him away to wherever he wanted to travel to. "What's this?" he tried to use his magic to teleport again, but he remained where he stood. "What in Equestria is going on here?" he spoke, slightly panicked.

"It looks like your magic got drained by the Elements, it seems." spoke Twilight happily. "I guess friendship is more powerful than chaos."

Discord crossed his arms in an annoyed matter. "Your little princess still doesn't know, so ha!" he said as he stuck his snake-like tongue at him, in which he made a noise of a snake before he pulled it back in.

As is on some cue, Princess Celestia appeared before the Mane 6 and Discord. Seconds after descending onto the ground, Celestia wore the same look of shock on her face as the Mane 6 had just mere moments ago. She surely thought he would have been imprisoned in stone like he had before, yet, there he stood, arms crossed in annoyance.

"Discord, I see the elements failed to imprison you back into stone, yet, they were able to remove your chaos from across Equestria." Celestia stated.

"Your elements aren't as powerful as you thought, Celestia." he spoke mockingly.

Celestia gave him a glare before turning towards the Mane 6, more notably towards Twilight. "Tell me, my faithful student, did the Elements do anything to Discord besides rid Equestria of his chaos?"

"They also took his powers as well, Princess. I don't seem to understand why he didn't turn into stone. Didn't he commit horrible deeds?" Twilight asked.

"He did indeed, but the Elements can also detect the good that resides in any creature and they must have saw inside of him that he had some good that hadn't been there a thousand years ago. They saw that he could possibly redeem himself in the light of harmony and friendship."

"Me? Connected with harmony and friendship?" he laughed. "You're a riot, Celestia!"

"Don't laugh at the princess!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"It's alright, Rainbow Dash. He won't be laughing when I tell him what I have planned for him." Celestia smiled.

"What exactly do you have in mind, Princess?" asked Rainbow.

"Quite simple, Rainbow. Since the Elements did spare him for a reason, I want him to learn all about friendship and harmony and see how it is much better than chaos and disharmony."

"And how are you going to make me, Celestia? Hmm?" Discord taunted some more.

"That's quite simple. You're going to become a young colt." Celestia smiled as her horn began to glow.

Celestia's horn produced a ray of white magic as it swarmed itself around Discord's body before completely engulfing him. The magic showed his body changing into that of a young pony about the CMC's age. The magic quickly dispersed from Discord, leaving in his place a small gray pegasus colt with a black mane and tail. He even had red eyes to match. Celestia smiled at Discord, knowing now that he was now completely harmless.

Discord quickly took notice of his change and glared up at Celestia, who now completely towered over him. "What did you do to me?" he yelled when he noticed his voice was also high as well. "And what have you done to my voice?"

Celestia laughed. "Like I stated, you must learn about friendship and harmony and all it has to offer. It gave you a second chance to redeem yourself, so I'm giving you a second chance as well. Besides, as a young colt, you can start over completely and make new friends."

"No! I won't do it!" Discord pouted in annoyance.

"Princess, how is he going to make friends if he is refusing?" Twilight asked.

"That is simple. He is going to stay here in Ponyville and start attending the schoolhouse that is being ran by Miss Cheerilee." Celestia informed.

"WHAT?" the Mane 6 yelled.

"But where is he going to even stay, Princess? He can't exactly live on his own. He may try something." Rainbow warned.

"Rainbow, I would like him to stay with Twilight in Ponyville library."

"But P-Princess!" Twilight argued. "I know I usually don't go against your word, but he can't simply stay in the library! He may ruin the books or do something to Spike!"

Celestia put up her hoof up, causing Twilight to stop talking after going on about the horrible things Discord could do. "My dear student, to ensure Equestria's safety and his as well, I'm going to wipe his memory until he can prove himself that he can make friends and be in harmony with others."

"What? You will do no such thing, Celestia!" Discord stomped his hoof in protest.

"Yes I will, Discord. I should have done something like this a thousand years ago, but I was more worried about bringing back order than having you redeem yourself. This will be done and you will have no say in the matter since you keep refusing."

"He won't remember a single thing, Princess?" asked Applejack.

"That's right, Applejack. He won't remember anything, not even you guys. It'll be like he was just reborn. The only pony he'll even have the faintest idea of is of Twilight here. She'll have to introduce him to you all again."

"Wait, if he's becoming a new pony, shouldn't he also have a new name as well?" Rarity asked.

"I will leave that to you all." Celestia said as she turned to Discord. "As for you, your chaos memories are now to be wiped from your head and you are to begin life anew!"

"Wait, Princess! How will I be able to care for him? I haven't enough bits to care for another pony." Twilight asked.

"I will send you over more, of course, my faithful student. Now, are you and your friends willing to raise him in the name of friendship and harmony?" Celestia asked.

The Mane 6 bowed in front of Princess Celestia as a sign that they were willing to show Discord the way of friendship and harmony. "We'll be glad to, for the fate of Equestria." spoke Twilight.

"Thank you, my little ponies." Celestia smiled at them before she turned and walked towards Discord. "As for you, it is time for you to begin to redeem yourself. I hope you will find the light and will end up walking the path of harmony." Celestia spoke as her horn began to glow faintly.

"No! I will not-" he argued but got cut off as Celestia's magic wrapped itself around him again, but this time removing everything in had experienced in life, expect for being able how to talk and do basic things like walking, how to eat, etc. All Celestia left in his head was that he lived with Twilight and that was all.

Celestia's magic left Discord again, who was asleep by the loss of the memories. Celestia turned and looked at her element bearers. "Tomorrow there will be a celebration over your triumph over Discord. I want you to bring him so he will learn quickly that chaos is punished and harmony is always rewarded. He is now a brand new colt, he remembers nothing and it's up to you all to lead him down the right path."

"Yes, Princess." the Mane 6 replied with a second bow.

"Until then, may you and him all live in friendship and harmony." Celestia said as she left in a burst of light, leaving the Mane 6 alone with the sleeping Discord.

"What do we do now?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I say we give him a new name, preferably something that isn't related to chaos in any form." suggested Rarity.

"How about something that involves flight in the name since he's a pegasus colt?" said Rainbow. "How about Storm?"

"Heavens no! Storms can be quite violent and we don't want to give him a name representing anything that could possibly be bad." Rarity objected.

"We should give him a name that represents harmony." Fluttershy suggested quietly. "Since we're trying to get him to go down the path of good now."

A name quickly flashed in Twilight's mind. "How about Accord?"

"Accord? What the hay does that mean?" Applejack asked in confusion.

"It's the complete opposite of Discord. Accord is an agreement while discord is a disagreement. It's the perfect opposite." Twilight smiled.

"Maybe we can call him Accordion and he can play one too!" Pinkie laughed.

"I think Accord will work better, Pinkie." smiled Twilight. "Is Accord all right with you guys? We all are going to raise him together, after all."

"I'm cool with it. I'll just nickname him Cord." smiled Rainbow Dash.

The others spoke in agreement on the name 'Accord.' It was the exact opposite of what Discord was all about originally and they wanted him to now stand for friendship and harmony. Just as the Mane 6 decided on his new name, he began to stir and wake up.