• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 1,339 Views, 26 Comments

Accord - lorettafox



Discord has been turned into a pegasus colt in an attempt to redeem himself to harmony.

  • ...
2
 26
 1,339

The First Meeting Then Off To Rarity's Boutique

The newly memory wiped colt that was formerly known as Discord opened his eyes sleepily. He sat himself up and looked around his surroundings to see where he was. The Mane 6 and him were in Ponyville park as this is where the final battle between harmony and chaos had took place. He then gazed at the Mane 6, who all gave him a blank look.

"T-Twilight?" he spoke. "W-Where am I?"

Twilight, now knowing that she was going to play the role as a guardian to him, gave him a heartwarming smile. "You're in Ponyville Park. Do you remember anything that happened before you fell asleep?" she asked.

"All I remember is that I came to live with you just a while ago. You took us to the park to have fun and then I just fell asleep after playing." said the gray colt when a thought struck him. "Twilight, what's my name? I can't seem to remember."

"Accord. Your name is Accord." Twilight smiled.

"Oh." he stated as he got onto his hooves and walked up to Twilight. "Are these your friends, Twilight?" he asked.

"Yes they are. This is my good friend, Applejack." Twilight smiled as she pointed a hoof at AJ. "She's a very honest pony."

"Well howdy there, Accord. How are y'all today?" Applejack spoke, trying to push out of her mind that this young colt was Discord.

Accord gave Applejack a worried look before looking at Twilight, wondering if it was ok to speak back to Applejack. Twilight gave him a reassuring smile, which was enough to cause him to smile and turn back towards Applejack.

"I-I'm good. I feel abit dizzy after waking up, though." Accord answered.

"You know what y'all need? An apple. It'll cure that dizzy feeling right away. I'd go back to my farm and get ya one, but you'll-" Applejack said before getting cut off by Accord.

"You live on a farm? What kind of farming do you do, Applejack?" he asked excitedly.

"I live on an apple farm, kiddo. I harvest all kinds of apples that I sell at the market." Applejack smiled.

"Do you have any animals that live on your farm?" he asked.

"Well, if you want to know more about animals now, Sugarcube, ask Fluttershy about them. She has all kinds of critters living at her house." smiled Applejack as she pushed Accord in the direction of Fluttershy. "Tell him what animals live at your place, Fluttershy."

"Well, I have seals, bunnies, eagles, goats..." Fluttershy spoke so quietly, it was a miracle if Accord could even hear her.

"Really?" he spoke excitedly. "Could I come over to your house and see your animals sometime, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy face lit up as she didn't know many ponies that seemed so interested in animals. "Of course you can, Accord. I would love to show you all my cutey-wutey animals." Fluttershy spoke, now at a volume that everypony could hear her at.

"He can't spend all his time with just animals, Fluttershy. He's gotta learn to fly too!" Rainbow Dash protested.

"Really? What's your name?" Accord asked as Rainbow was now flying above the rest of them.

"I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest pegasus in all of Equestria. I'll be teaching you how to fly with those wings of yours the right way so you're not always grounded like unicorns or Earth ponies." Rainbow smiled.

"Are you really the fastest pegasus in Equestria?" Accord asked excitedly once more.

"Well, she likes to think she is, but she's not." laughed Applejack.

"Hey, I'm still pretty fast and the only one qualified here to teach little Cord how to fly!" Rainbow yelled. "Besides, who else can teach him how to do flight tricks?"

"Cord? Whose Cord?" asked Accord in confusion.

"You're Cord, silly. It's a nickname I've given you." Rainbow laughed. "It's not replacing your real name or anything."

"Oh." smiled Accord. "Cord. I like it. Like a music cord right?"

"Exactly." smiled Twilight.

"Speaking of music, we need to throw him a party! We lots of dance music, food, and cake! Yes, cake! We need lots and lots of cake since Dis-" Pinkie spoke before Rarity shove her hoof over Pinkie's mouth.

"Pinkie, dear. Discord is long gone. We have Accord now and he is much more civilized than Discord ever will be." Rarity said at Pinkie with a glare. After giving Pinkie her glare, she turned her head back around and smiled down at Accord. "I'm sorry about Pinkie Pie, dear. She gets quite excited when a new pony comes to town. Oh, I haven't introduce myself to you either! I am Rarity. You can call me Miss Rarity if you'd like."

"Miss Rarity, who is Discord?" Accord asked.

Rarity looked at her friends worried, wondering if she should tell him about who he was just a little while ago. Rarity was worried that speaking of Discord could somehow remove Celestia's memory erasing spell from Accord and cause him to revert back to who he once was. Twilight gave Rarity a smile, indicating she should tell him about Discord, as Twilight was positive that Celestia's spell was quite powerful and would hold up.

"Go ahead, Rarity. He deserves to know about Discord and why to NOT be like him." Twilight spoke.

"Was Discord a bad pony?" asked Accord.

"He was a terrible pony indeed! He caused chaos all over Equestria and made ponies all over argue and fight with the ponies they loved. He even broke apart lifetime friends with his horrible chaos! Not to mention his chaos caused the world to look absolutely terrible! I can't even think about it without shivering!" Rarity rambled as she did indeed shiver at the thought of Discord's horrible world.

"He broke apart families and friends? That wasn't very nice of him." Accord said with slight anger in his voice.

"It was terrible! That's why he had no friends either. Since he was mean to ponies, ponies were mean back to him as well." said Rarity. "If you want friends, Accord, you have to be nice to other ponies."

"I want to have friends!" spoke Accord. "Friends sound like a wonderful thing to have."

"They are the best!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, as Rarity had removed her hoof from her mouth to tell the story of Discord. "They do things with you, they give you presents, and always want to be round you too! Oh, I'm Pinkie Pie, party planner! I'll teach you how to throw a great party and how to have fun and pull pranks on other ponies!"

"A party?" asked Accord. "When is your next party? They sound like they're so much fun!" he smiled.

"Oh they are! Oh! I'll throw you a party! It'll be a Welcome-to-Ponyville-Accord party! I gotta get to Sugarcube Corner and start whipping up some cupcakes!" Pinkie Pie said excitedly. "Bye guys! See you later for the party!" Pinkie said as she literally bounced in the direction towards Sugarcube Corner.

"That's Pinkie Pie for you." Rarity laughed.

"It sure is, sugarcube." said Applejack.

"Accord," said Twilight. "I'm surprised you warmed up to my friends so quickly after I introduced you to Applejack."

"I feel like I could just trust them even if I had just talked to Applejack at first. There's this strange feeling, like I've known them all before, Twilight, but I just met them right now." spoke Accord.

"That's because we're the best group of friends a pony could ask for!" said Rainbow Dash happily. "We're your friends now too, Cord and we're gonna show all sorts of neat things, like the celebration in Canterlot tomorrow!"

"What's being celebrated?" asked Accord once more.

"Discord's defeat, of course. We were the ones who stopped his nasty reign of chaos using the Elements of Harmony. He deserves to be in stone again." Rainbow spoke proudly, knowing she had to come up with a lie, so she took the most obvious (and easiest) one she could think of.

"He's in stone?"

"Oh heavens yes." spoke Rarity. "That way he can't hurt anypony no more and it'll give him time to think about the horrible things he's done. Now, since we're heading over to a party for you, we should get you something to wear for the party!"

"Rarity, I don't think he needs to wear anything for Pinkie's party..." Twilight spoke up.

"I will not have him go to his own welcome party without having some sort a party outfit or at least a hat for him to wear. Just because I wasn't there to do anything for you at your own welcome party, Twilight, will I allow him to not look dashing at his own party!"

"Is it really necessary Rarity?" Twilight asked. "He looks just fine the way he is."

"It isn't necessary, but he shouldn't just blend in with all the other ponies! With those red eyes and gray coat of his, he won't blend in for that matter. I'm sure I could figure something-IDEA!" Rarity said excitedly as an accessory flashed in her mind. "I know exactly what to make him! Come, Accord, I will make you look fabulous for your party."

"Whatever you say, Miss Rarity..." Accord said as he followed Rarity as Twilight followed directly behind him.

------------------------------------------------------------

The three ponies arrived at Rarity's boutique. The boutique inside was very colorful as pony mannequins dressed in the latest outfits Rarity had made just the other day. One mannequin held a flowing purple dress with stars running down the front and another mannequin holding a white leotard covered in black stars on the shoulders. Rarity immediately walked over to her table and used her magic to put on her red sewing glasses and to turn on her sewing machine.

"Welcome to my boutique, Accord." Rarity said as she began to make a hat for him. "You may look at all my outfits if you want to. If you want me to make you anything to wear, I'll be happy to make you it!"

Accord smiled at Rarity as he began to look around the shop. There were more than just mannequins wearing Rarity's latest creations, there were also little stands that were holding some of Rarity's recently created accessories. On one stand held a simple black beret while on another held a pair of hoof sewn red velvet shoes. Accord smiled at the creations. They were so pretty and to think that Rarity was the one that had created them.

"Rarity, since you're already making him a hat, could you make him a vest as well?" asked Twilight.

"A vest? What for? To wear for the party?" Rarity asked as she began to use her magic to sew on some red feathers to a finished black hat.

"Well, no. I'd like him to have it so he'll be protected."

"Protected? What on earth does he need protection for?"

"Well, from anything really." Twilight said, sounding like an over protective parent.

"Twilight, you're starting to sound like an over protective parent. Celestia asked us to raise him in light of friendship and harmony, not as a jailed up little foal." Rarity joked. "But never the less, I'll be glad to make the vest for him and give it my own little personal touch, like openings for his little wings."

"About his wings...do you think Rainbow will be too harsh with him when she teaches him flying? I'm worried he may end up hurting himself..."

"Twilight, dear! You've only had him for a little less than an hour and you're already starting to worry about him getting hurt with a small flying lesson!"

"Celestia entrusted us to take care of him! I can't allow him to get hurt. What if after one incident he wants to turn back to chaos?"

"Twilight, dear, you're overreacting. It'll take a whole lot more than him getting hurt once to turn back to chaos. He would have to be hurt physically and emotionally quite alot for him to go against friendship and harmony."

"What if it does?" Twilight panicked.

"Dear, he'll be fine. The sooner he gets enrolled into school, the better. At least in school, Cheerilee will teach him that good triumphs over evil." Rarity said as she finished sewing on the feathers to the black hat. "There! Accord's hat is finished! What do you think, dear?"

Twilight looked over at the hat. It was a black bowler hat with red feathers sticking out tall and proud on the right side. "I haven't seen this style hat in a long time."

"It true that the bowler hat style isn't worn very much but this hat will fit him so perfectly, I bet this hat will become his favorite clothing article! I can see him still wearing this hat after several years! Accord, come and see your new hat!" Rarity called, snapping Accord out of the daydream he was having wearing one of creations Rarity had.

"Oh! This is such a cool hat!" Accord smiled. "I get to wear this to the party, right?"

"Of course, dear! You'll be the life of the party, especially since it's your own after all." Rarity smiled as she levitated the hat onto Accord's head. "I knew it would look simply fabulous! If you wore this to school, all the foals would definitely be jealous of you."

"He is not wearing that hat when he starts school. It's much too flashy for the classroom environment." Twilight said.

"School? What's school?" Accord asked.

"School is where you get to learn about new things, Accord. It's also a great place to make some new friends. Applejack and Rarity's sisters attend there and I'm sure they would love to become your friend." Twilight smiled.

Rarity glanced at the clock soon as Twilight had mention Sweetie Belle. "Speaking of school, it seems they just got let out as well! I still can't believe Cheerilee was able to hold school during the entire chaos disaster." Rarity spoke. "If you just wait a few minutes, Accord, you can meet Sweetie Belle if you'd like. Perhaps you both can get your cutie marks together."

"Cutie marks?" asked Accord in confusion.

"A cutie mark represents your talent, Accord. Right now, you don't have one on your flank since you don't know your talent yet. Sweetie Belle and her friends don't know theirs either, so they try many things in an attempt to earn them. I'm sure they'd let you join since you don't have one either."

The door to the boutique swung open in a fury as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo walked into the main room with big grins on their faces. It seemed like they both had a great day at school today. They were talking excitedly among themselves until they walked across the room towards Twilight, Rarity, and Accord.

"Rarity! Twilight! You won't believe the day we had at school today! It was so weird it was awesome!" Sweetie Belle chimed.

"Yeah! We were playing on the playground when the ground turned all checkered like and then we saw buildings floating in the air! It was insane!" Scootaloo spoke excitedly.

"And Cheerilee let you all kept on playing?" Rarity asked.

"Well...as soon as she saw the ground turned all checkered, she made us all come indoors and stay there. She tried to teach us until this weird guy appeared in our classroom..." Sweetie Belle explained.

"I think he said his name was Discord or Disharmony...?" Scootaloo said, trying to remember the correct name.

"Wait, Discord came to your school, girls?" Twilight spoke in panic. "Tell me immediately what he did!"

"Well, he appeared in a burst of light and began to say how happy he was to see us all scared. Cheerilee kept telling him to just to go away, but he didn't. He tapped Cheerilee on the head really quick and the just disappeared. He put Cheerilee under some spell because the next thing we knew, she was all sad, saying we could do whatever the hay we wanted, as long as we didn't bug her." explained Scootaloo.

"But then we saw this really bright rainbow outside the windows and everything was immediately turned back to normal! The rainbow even brought Cheerilee back to her senses. She said everything looked safe, but she made everyone else run home as quickly as we could though. So here Scoots and I are." Sweetie Belle smiled.

"Oh my goodness! I'm glad you didn't dare leave the school, Sweetie Belle! You as well, Scootaloo! It wasn't very pretty sight here anyways." Rarity said as she hugged the two fillies.

"What happened with you? Did you get affected by the same spell that Cheerilee did?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"We did but it's all over now, girls. But right now, I'd like you girls to meet somepony. This is Accord, a colt that Princess Celestia has asked my friends and I to take care of in the time being." Twilight smiled as she slightly nudged Accord in the direction of the girls. "Go ahead, Accord. You can say hi. They are really nice fillies."

"H-Hello." Accord spoke, not feeling as comfortable around Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle like he did with Twilight and her friends.

"Oh, a new pony!" Scootaloo smiled. "Are you gonna be joining us in school now that it's normal again?" she laughed.

"I am." Accord said, feeling a tad more confident upon hearing Scootaloo's friendly voice being directed at him.

"Awesome! Starting next week then?" asked Sweetie Belle.

Accord didn't know what to say. When was he starting school anyways? He was about to speak when Twilight spoke for him instead. "He'll be starting first thing Monday of next week."

"Awesome! Can't wait to see you there!" smiled Scootaloo when she noticed that Accord was a blank flank like her and Sweetie. "You don't have your cutie mark either, huh?"

Accord simply shook his head no.

"Neither do Sweetie or I. Maybe you should join the Cutie Mark Crusaders. We'll help each other find our cutie marks!"

"R-Really? You'd let me join your group just like that?" asked Accord.

"Well sure. You seem like a nice colt and you're new here too, so you also need some friends. Sweetie and I would be happy to be your new friends. Accord, was it?" asked Scootaloo.

Accord nodded his head.

"Accord. Your name sounds so positive." Sweetie Belle smiled. "Unlike that Discord guy, whose name sounds so negative."

"Thanks." Accord smiled.

"Oh! You'll also get to meet Applebloom on Monday too! She's a CMC too. She's the leader of the group and will be more than happy to have you join us." smiled Sweetie.

"I'm sure she'll be at the party today." said Rarity happily.

"Oh, is Pinkie throwing a welcome party for Accord?" asked Sweetie.

"Yes, and she wants everypony in Ponyville there to welcome him. That means you two as well." said Rarity.

"Hooray! The newest CMC member gets to be in the group even sooner!" Sweetie cheered.

"Now go and play girls. I have to talk to Accord abit more. You'll see him at the party." smiled Rarity.

"Ok then. See ya at the party Accord!" Sweetie said cheerfully as she and Scootaloo disappeared up the stairs towards her bedroom.

"Now, you wanted Accord to have a vest on him for protection, correct, Twilight?" asked Rarity, wanting to confirm.

"Yes. Just in case something should happen to him at school or Rainbow's flying lessons." Twilight informed her once more.

"Well, since this is for you, Accord, I'll let you pick out the kind of fabric you'd like it to be." Rarity smiled. "You can choose any type you'd like but I would stay away from any black at the moment as it's coming into summer and you'll become very hot in black after wearing it everyday. I would recommend some red or perhaps some gold!"

"I like the idea of gold but I think red would match this hat better, right?" Accord asked, a bit confused.

"You're absolutely right! You seem to pick up on things rather quickly, Accord. That's always a good quality in a pony." Rarity smiled as she pulled down some red fabric. "How is this fabric, dear? It'll match your charming new hat and you can even wear the vest tonight as it won't take me too long to make it."

Accord felt the fabric with his hooves. He quickly took note that the fabric was very firm yet, it was very soft as well. "I like this fabric, Miss Rarity. It seems just right to me."

"This is an excellent choice, dear. I'll get on your vest straight away." Rarity smiled.

Twilight simply watched as Accord seemed to be mesmerized by Rarity's making of the vest. Twilight was happy that he was taking interest in something as simple as sewing. Well, simple if you're a unicorn that is.

'I can't believe this colt was Discord. He's the complete opposite of Discord though. He wants to make friends and learn new things from my friends. Did Celestia switch Accord and Discord when we weren't looking? He's just so much better than Discord in every way. At least he hasn't developed Discord's nasty habit for invading everypony's personal space.' Twilight thought to herself.

"And you sew along this part so the vest won't fall apart." Rarity explained to Accord. "And you sew along this back part and there! You're all and now are the proud owner of a new vest, my dear!"

"Can I try it on?" asked Accord excitedly.

"But of course. I have to make sure it fits or I'll have to adjust it so it can fit you properly." Rarity smiled at him. "Just hold still and I'll just slip this on you."

As Rarity slipped the vest onto Accord, she couldn't help but begin to think to herself. 'It's amazing to think that this colt was formerly Discord. But at least Accord doesn't have Discord's horrible tastes and is much more civilized than him. I also won't have to worry about him causing any spells on me or my clothes. The last thing I need is to look horrible!' she thought to herself.

Rarity finished slipping the vest onto Accord and quickly used her magic to drag one of her many mirrors directly in front of him. "You look great! How does it feel? Not too uncomfortable, I hope?"

Accord wiggled around in the vest a little bit to test that it was on comfortably. "It fits just fine, Miss Rarity."

"Excellent! It goes so well your hat as well. A complete outfit all ready to go! I must say, the red really does make your eyes pop, dear." smiled Rarity.

Accord looked in the mirror to see that Rarity was right. His red eyes did seem to stand out in the vest and hat. "I guess they do."

"Thank you so much, Rarity!" Twilight said happily, finally speaking up after just watching Rarity and Accord talk among themselves the last few minutes. "How much do I owe you?"

"You will pay me nothing, Twilight dear. Think of it like his birthday present from me." smiled Rarity. "After all, it is his first offical day in Ponyville."

"If you insist, Rarity." smiled Twilight when she heard a knock on Rarity's door. "Rarity, somepony is at your door."

Rarity used her magic to swing open the door to reveal Pinkie Pie who was smiling excitedly.

"It's time for Accord's party! You don't want to be late now, do you?" Pinkie said happily. "Of course you guys don't! Come on, the party is already started and we can't have as much fun until the guest of honor arrives!"

"Hold your ponies, Pinkie, dear. We're coming. Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo! It's time to head on over to the party!" Rarity yelled upstairs as she grabbed one of her hats, which was a red summer hat. "I have to match something after all and I might as well attempt to match Accord." she spoke to Twilight.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle came rushing down the stairs, excited to go to yet another one of Pinkie Pie's infamous parties. They stood ready at the door, excited to go to another party in which they could devour as many sweets as they could until they got a sugar high.

After Rarity made sure her hat was secure on her head and Accord's hat was secured on his own, the five ponies left Rarity's boutique and began to walk towards Sugarcube Corner.