• Published 3rd Dec 2015
  • 1,731 Views, 40 Comments

Dancing in the Twilight - Mindpalace



Moon Dancer was content. Old friends back, getting new ones, having parties, all while still having her studies. But there's still something missing, in the form of the mare who made her realize that there's more to life than dusty old books.

  • ...
5
 40
 1,731

Well Kept Secrets

Moon Dancer lay in her bed, staring at the ceiling above her. The events of the previous night were still fresh in her mind, and since then had been thinking them over.

Twilight had kissed her.

That thought played itself over and over in her head. It refused to subside. She had expected shock, bewilderment, or maybe even anger from the princess.

She hadn't expected a response quite as enthusiastic as the one she had received.

Moon Dancer closed her eyes and saw the scene play through her head. Her anger at herself. Twilight finding her. Her denying that something was wrong. Twilight insisting she tell her. Moon Dancer giving in and confessing.

And finally Twilight leaning in and kissing her.

That feeling, Moon Dancer couldn't quite comprehend it. The books she had read in preparation had described it, of course, but they failed to capture the exact feeling.

If she was forced to, however, Moon Dancer might have described it as jumping of a cliff into the icy waters below.

That was as close as she could get. It was exhilarating. A rush.

Then she had kissed Twilight back.

Unlike most of her decisions, this one was driven by emotion, rather than logic and reasoning. It had felt different from Twilight's kiss, perhaps because it was she who was delivering it. This one felt more like she was galloping, galloping as fast as she could, sweaty and flustered, heart pounding in her chest.

If this was love, then Moon Dancer was liking it.

Suddenly she was stricken with a horrible doubt. What if their friends didn't approve? She hadn't even been fully introduced to Twilight's friends yet, having only met Pinkie Pie. Who was to say the would accept this?

It might be best to keep their relationship (if they had one, Moon Dancer still wasn't sure) a secret, at least for now. Bearing this in mind, she walked towards her desk and began searching for a quill and parchment.

When she had found them, she began to write;

Twilight,
So, I guess were dating now, right? Come over my house tomorrow and we can work out the details.

Listen, I was thinking, we should probably keep this a secret, at least for now. I know you usually like being honest with your friends, but I just don't feel comfortable telling anyone yet. I'm afraid they won't accept it, you know?

When she signed the letter with Love, Moon Dancer, she was reminded of Twilight's kiss, and how exhilarating it had been.


Twilight was looking out the window, trying to come to grips with the events of last night.

Twilight wasn't used to situations quite like the one she had encountered last night, and was under quite a lot of pressure. She had been unable to think clearly, and her next action was driven by instinct.

Her next action being her kissing Moon Dancer.

Twilight imagined the kiss again. It wasn't anything like she had ever felt before. The only thing that came close was whenever she bumped into Flash Sentry, but this feeling was hundreds of times more intense then that.

That was the best way to describe it, Twilight decided. Intense.

When Twilight kissed Moon Dancer, Twilight thought she might have regretted it. And she did, when the kiss had finished. But while the kiss lasted, Twilight's normally rational and quick mind was left completely blank. The only thought on her mind at that moment was the sensation of Moon Dancer's lips on hers.

It had been a wonderful feeling. It had made Twilight feel like when she became an alicorn. It had made her feel all-powerful, like she could do anything.

Then there had been Moon Dancer kissing her back. Twilight shivered as she remembered. She couldn't describe the pleasure she had felt. Her heart had been beating impossibly fast, feeling as if it would burst out any second. At the time, the only thoughts in her head that weren't moans had been her consciously telling herself to not make those moans vocal.

She wanted more. She was embarrassed to admit, but Celestia did she want more.

As she was thinking, Spike walked in, once again looking sick.

"Uh, Twilight, I think you have another letter incoming..." he groaned, discomfort obvious on his face.

He barfed, and out the green fire materialized a letter. Twilight's heart sped up slightly when she recognized the ribbon Moon Dancer used. She unfurled the letter and read it quickly, heart skipping a beat as she read the signature.

Twilight put the letter down and thought. She decided that she wanted to do this, and, after finding a quill and parchment, began to write.


Moon Dancer had barley been waiting an hour when, in a cloud of green fire, a letter appeared in front of her. She took it with her magic and unfurled it. She analyzed the ribbon, it was the royal red silk reserved for princesses, so the letter was probably from Twilight. Unfurling it, she began to read;

Moon Dancer,
Sure, ill come over to your house. Ill be there at about lunchtime, I'll bring something to eat.

I can understand you wanting to keep this a secret, though I can't say I agree with you. I'm sure that our friends would understand if we told them, but if you really don't feel comfortable, then I'm willing to keep a secret. I just hope you know that we should tell them one time.

Moon Dancer read the letter quickly and quietly. When she had finished, she sighed with relief. She was glad Twilight understood her wish to keep this a secret.

Then she glanced at the signature.

Her heart leaped. Were her eyes deceiving her? No, It was really there. She was actually seeing it.

For there, at the bottom of the letter, were the words;

Your Marefriend, Twilight Sparkle