• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 2,467 Views, 114 Comments

The Nightmare King - Lt_Lance



Lance was driving to his high school graduation, but that didn't turn out so good. Now he finds himself living a double life, on one half he is Lance the owner of a successful pub in Ponyville. On the other half he is Myrvang the Nightmare King

  • ...
12
 114
 2,467

Prolog

The Nightmare King

:Prolog:

“Goddammit! I’m going to be late!” Said a young man driving an old dodge caravan on a busier that usual road.

“Today of all days” he grumbled.

He looked up at the sky it was late noon and the sun was dipping in the sky. He looked at himself in the rearview mirror. The young man was a young Caucasian male he stood an average five foot nine inches tall. He was well built but not defined he really did pride himself on his strength and not just of his body. He had short brown hair and had just shaved to get ready for the big day. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a plain black t-shirt covering his eyes were his favorite pair of sunglasses. He was wearing his shades so he could in his own words “graduate like a boss”. Traffic seemed to pick up a bit much to the young man’s delight. “Finally!” he thought. Just as everything was going great and the havens were shining there glory down upon him (the sound of trumpets and an angelic quire were heard) his world shattered and all he held sacred crashed down around him in fire and misery. The rail crossing he was approaching started to flash signaling that a train was coming and the gate was going down. The two cars in front of him managed to squirrel their way through before the gate fell. The old Dodge screeched to a halt right at the gate.

After an exasperated sigh his head promptly met his steering wheel.

“God, what have I ever done to you? ...That one time freshmen year doesn’t count!”

just as he was contemplating his grudge with the almighty creator of the universe his world was shattered.

For real this time.

He heard a loud crunching sound tied together with seeing a blur of motion and feeling a great tugging under his left arm. The driver-side seat he was sitting on broke from underneath him. As he was tossed back in his deformed seat his foot escaped the break peddle. His old rusted caravan lurched forward through the guard and onto the tracks. The young man stared at the sealing of his van for a second before a blaring train whistle woke him from his shocked stupor. In what would be a surprise to anyone but him he was not injured. He shot up looked to his left to see the union pacific freight train chugging along. A look of panic spread across the young man’s face. He tried to turn the key in the ignition to be greeted only with scrapping noises.

“Fuck! Time to bail!” he screamed to no one particular.

He began to fumble around with his seat belt only to find that the release has been wedged between his door and the fucked up car seat. He looks down at where the buckle should be then to the train. He looks ahead and sees the drivers of the cars in the other lane staring at him “well they are in for a show now aren’t they” he thought. He looked towards the oncoming train with no fear in his eyes which were still hidden behind his sunglasses adrenaline was coursing through his veins. “Is this it” Some would say is a fitting last thought. That is not what was going through his head at the time, not at all. His last thought was not peaceful nor did it make much sense. Some witnesses questioned later reported hearing the young man’s last words.

They were surprisingly heard over the trains whistle.

“BUCK THIS I’M INVINCIB-!” the last uttering was followed by an eardrum shattering explosion as the gas tank burst.

Let’s just say the young man was struggling with cash at the moment and the tank was running on fumes (Combustible deadly fumes). The burning wreck was tossed to the side of the road. The van slid across the gravel on the side of the road. Flying from one of the shattered back windows was a singed and ruined mortar board cap. Behind where the carnage took place a young teenager stumbled out of what was once considered a beautiful car. He looked at the damage he had caused. He then promptly passed out. The fire fighters and EMTs were on the seen in under a minute.

The fire fighters managed to put out the blazing dodge and the EMTs took away the teenager. (Fuck that guy by the way) After a while the young man’s parents arrived at the scene. His father was trying to fight his way past the police desperate to see his son. His mother just stood there crying. They were told they would have to wait When they went to search the old burned out twisted Dodge to recover the remains of the young man they were a bit surprised to find none. The firefighters and the police looked for hours unable to recover any remains. Several eye witnesses confirmed that he was in the car when the train hit. The official police report read that he was incinerated in the explosion.

1 week later

The school held a special memorial service for the young man. A good friend and a fine example of a student athlete is what they called him. A natural leader and a good man is what his coaches had to say. They posthumously awarded him his high school diploma and awards for his time in football and rugby. His diploma was given to his family and his awards were put in the display case in the main hallway.

2 weeks later

The funeral was a lovely and peaceful procession his family joked that he would have hated it. They had no remains to bury of coarse When everyone left all that was left was one man shedding tears for his lost son. “Here lies Lance Myrvang he may be gone but his spirit will live on Invincible & incorruptible.” He read off his son’s tombstone before walking away to join what remained of his family.