• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 705 Views, 26 Comments

The Royal Librarian - Dimensional Librarian



When rumors start arising about a mysterious house in the Everfree reaches Celestia she puts it upon the Royal Librarian Booksalot and Discord to go and investigate the claims.

  • ...
3
 26
 705

2 and his Lost memories

The day was sunny and bright, just the way Booksalot liked it, perfect for reading or a stroll with his parents. Now Booksalot was only just out of school and him and his parents were walking near the Everfree upon this day. Taking a look around with his ruby red eyes Booksalot grinned and thought, "I've gone my whole life a blank flank and look at me now. I'm out of school and have quite the education to boot." An even wider grin spread across his face as his thoughts continued. "Now I just need to ask Fria Quill to marry me and I'll be the happiest Stallion alive.".

Having noticed that the typical worrisome chatter from his parents about his still blank flank was silent, Booksalot came out of his thoughts and looked around confused. "Mom? Dad?" He asks, yet was only answered by the wind. His typical curious nature caused him to look around for clues until he noticed a few feet behind him was signs of a fight that went into the Everfree. Booksalot then picks up a twig with his magic and looks at it, quickly noticing magic upon it from a Timberwolf. Letting out a gasp he slowly turns towards the trees to his left hearing growling.

Staring out from the trees were two large glowing yellow eyes of a Timberwolf. Booksalot quickly racked his brain for any information on the creature but came up blank "Celestia save me" he mutters in false hope. The Timberwolf then lashed out and took a hold of Booksalot's front left hoof. Letting out a scream of pain Booksalot's horn flared up a dangerous red as he suddenly did a spell that caused the Timberwolf to burst into flame and run yelping into the woods.

It was at this point in Booksalot's life his cutie mark first showed. But as distraught as he was Booksalot didn't care about his cutie mark finally showing up, his parents were dead, and he didn't want to remember it like this.

Booksalot then remembers a spell that burns different memories together. "It's Dark magic but I don't want to remember it like this" he mutters to himself starting to cast the spell his horn catching on fire and instead of pulsating outwards the magic was going inward toward his head. As he was doing so a small filly with a dark green coat and cutie mark of a shattered question mark climbed down from a tree and ran off deeper into the Everfree Forest to find the adults she knew had actually escaped from the Timberwolf. It was then at this point Booksalot finished the spell and fainted on the spot from the exhaustion.


"Come on faster, faster" Booksalot urged the hot air balloon he was in as it slowly approached his destination, the Rainbow Factory. After all his research, about what happened to his special somepony Fria Quill, it all lead to this factory. What seemed like eons later, the hot air balloon reached a point he could jump onto the clouds. After quickly casting a walk on clouds spell Booksalot listens to the air and hears the steady and almost musical, pounding of the dreaded machine deep within the factory. "I'm coming Fria" he says as he charged in through the doors, ignoring all the security pegasi guards that tried to stop him by simply side stepping them. Booksalot is soon surrounded in a cross section of hallways.

"You have no where to run Unicorn. Now why don't you just come with us, and we'll figure this all out?" One of the stallion pegasi from around Booksalot calls.

"No thank you, Murderers" Booksalot says "I know you'll just take me to your pegasus devise, and feed me to it. Well I'm here for one mare and I'll leave."

"And who is that?" the pegusas asks.

"Her name is Fria Quill, She is a purple pegasus her cutie mark is of a quill writing Fria in flame. She is a writer and my fiancée" Booksalot growls.

The pegasi all chuckle and say "Never heard of her." before rushing at Booksalot, trying to catch him off guard.

Booksalot gracefully teleports around the pegasi, and keeps rushing down the hall. Pausing, for a half second, to make sure he was at the right door he then barges into the room and watches in horror as the machine comes down drove its deadly knife into the gut of Fria Quill. Booksalot's heart then shattered, similar to fine china hitting the floor, every memory he had of Fria came flooding into his brain making the heart break even worse due to all the happy moments they had shared. He then starts screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" in rage as he runs toward her, Fria looking over at Books weakly and mouths out "Sorry Love" as she then falls from the machine's hold. Booksalot then caught her and sent a spell at the machine causing it to catch on fire and burn as he held Fria and whispers "No, hold on Fria we......We can fix this" the end of his sentence breaking into sobs.

Fria then gave Booksalot a warm smile before weakly saying, "Books, my sweet loving Books, you know that's a lie." She then wrapped her front legs around him to give him a hug. Booksalot hugged her back tightly while tears blurring his vision and rolling down his face. Booksalot kept holding Fria close to his body even after he felt her's go lifeless. As he cried his horn flared with its ruby red light and started massive spells of Bale fire underneath the factory, the heat causing the clouds to slowly evaporate and machinery to explode and burn. The pegasi workers were all rushing to escape the place before it finished burning to the ground.

As the fire burned and evaporated the factory Booksalot had also put a protective spell around himself and Fria, to lower them safely to the ground. Once on the ground Booksalot let out a wail of sorrow knowing that it was over and he would now have to bury the one he loved.


It was now the day of the Royal Wedding of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor but, while everypony else was out getting ready to celebrate Booksalot was in his library wanting to ignore the love in the air. To keep himself distracted and busy he set about going over a checklist of books and artifacts that had been miss located in the large labyrinth of a library. "You never make it easy do you?" he calls out to the building filled with books, tomes, and scrolls. Following a mental map he had Booksalot soon found himself in a room he hadn't been in since Fria's death.

He then took a deep breath and slowly let it out saying "Fria's Writing room." Slowly walking forward and noticing the dust on the desk on books around the room he mutters "I'm sorry I haven't kept it clean". He then picked up an image of Fria Quill and smiles a small tear starting to form in his eye, Booksalot then felt enchantments on torches he placed at the entrance of the public part of the library activate. Then quickly putting his list and the picture of Fria into his saddlebag he headed for the front curious as to why somepony would be at the library instead of the wedding.

Once he reached the circular desk Booksalot took of his saddlebag and set it behind the desk and smiled at the mare that had entered before "Good afternoon Ma'am, How can the Library assist you today?"

The mare looked at him and smiled "Oh I'm just getting ready"

"For the Royal Wedding?"

"Something like that" she says her smile turning into a wicked grin as the sound of the force field shattering filled the air. The mare in a burst of Changeling bale fire changed to her true form of a changeling commander her eyes having a purplish tint to them as well as her wings. "I'm Commander Zilla and I'm taking this Library for my Queen." she hisses

Booksalot let out a sigh and almost without thinking his fiery protective spells for all the shelves and the outer walls of the library went up preventing any more changelings from getting in. "This is going to be harder than you think Commander" he tells her matter of factly

Zilla laughs at Booksalot and says "You're just an old librarian, I'm younger and stronger than you" She then jumps at Booksalot easily getting over the circular desk and sending them both rolling along the floor, toward the back of the Library. When they reached the back wall Booksalot kicked the changeling Zilla off of him and into the protective spells shielding the book cases causing them to flare up and burn her back. Letting out a shriek of pain and annoyance Zilla landed on her hooves and hissed out "You charred my wings, you insolent Bookworm."

"No the shelving did that" Booksalot said chuckling at her annoyed state. "if you calm down then maybe I'll show you where the books about burns are"

Zilla jumped at him again getting annoyed that she didn't already have the library in the name of her glorious leader Queen Chrysalis. The two then resumed fighting using all sorts of ancient fighting forms including Tea Pon Do. Booksalot smiled at Zilla with a warm almost loving smile as he thought "This is the first pony since Fria that has gotten me moving like this."

"Actually she's a Changeling not a pony."

"She still makes my blood burn and rush through my body"

"Whatever...."

Zilla jumped back from Booksalot and then fired a bold of green magic at him trying to stun him. Booksalot simply deflected the spell with a flaming shield spell before turning it into a rope and expertly weaving it through the holes in Zilla's legs. Then tying bowlines, figure 8, as well as half-hitches and many other different knots that not many ponies knew, Booksalot connected the other end of the rope to the ceiling and suspended Zilla into the air. He had moved so quickly Zilla hadn't even registered the fact he had a rope of flame before her world was then turned upside down. "What the hell?" she cried out in alarm and pain.

Before either of them could do much else there was a ground shaking "BOOM" as a wave of Love Magic came flowing across Canterlot throwing all of the changelings away from the city except for Zilla due to her being tied up by Booksalot's magic. Booksalot chuckles and lets the protective walls of flame around the shelves and the building dissipate as he walks over to the swinging Changeling "So it seems like we have two options here. One I turn you over to the Royal Guard and the Princesses." He then uses a hoof and makes Zilla look him in the eye "or you can stay promise to work for me and I'll keep you fed."

Zilla let her mind quickly work it could be seen clearly on her face as she thought "This pony must be crazy to keep me around. But, he bested you and is willing to take care of you. Yeah but why what would he have to gain from it all." Zilla was so busy with her thoughts that she hadn't noticed that Booksalot had let her down gently and was using a mind reading spell until he joined in on her thoughts "I lost my special somepony a long time ago and want her back."

"WHAT? GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

"Nah, I kinda like it in here." Booksalot then smiles at her as he starts to look around her mind

"Fine I'll work for you" Zilla cries out cowering as Booksalot sees her memories and that she was telling the truth

"Good" Booksalot tells her as he brings over his bag and shows her the picture of Fria Quil "This is who you have to be"

Author's Note:

Sorry everyone but as far as I know this should be the longest chapter and is meant as character build up for Booksalot and the other oc's of mine I also apologize for if this seemed a little confusing I'll explain first thing next chapter. Also I would love feed back to help make this better :scootangel: