• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 740 Views, 10 Comments

Defenders of Harmony - chillbook2



Silver becomes the unwilling leader of a group of rebels who have united to combat King Sombra and his forces of evil.

  • ...
11
 10
 740

The End

“You guys go ahead.” I said to the group. “I have to go to base for a second. Don’t wait up.” They turned slowly and broke into a run. I waited until they vanished from view and made my way towards our base. Halfway there, I heard a voice call out to me.

“Silver! Wait up!” shouted Fluttershy. She ran up and nudged me on the shoulder. “What are you doing?”

“Trying to tie up loose ends, Chrysalis.” I said. “What do you want?” She burst into green flames and transformed into the queen of changelings.

“Hands in the air.” said Chrysalis half-heartedly. “On your knees.”

“Don’t waste my time.” I said, slowing down slightly. “If you wanted to kill me, you would’ve done it in the restaurant. So, what do you want?”

“I want to see what you’re doing. Know your enemy, right?” said Chrysalis.

“Ah, but are we enemies? I stuck my neck out for you and you’ve done the same. We’re basically family. Oh, would ya look at that? We’re here.” I said, opening the front door. I walked to the stairs and slid down to the basement. I ran to the middle of the room and looked around.

“Discord!” I shouted. “Get out here! We need to talk!”

“How did you know I’d be here?” asked Discord, materializing out of thin air.

“It’s something that I would never ordinarily do, so I knew it’s something you expected me to never not do. Did that make sense?” I asked confusedly. “Doesn’t matter. I need your help.”

“I told you that I’m not helping either side.” said Discord. “So it seems you’ve wasted your time.”

“Just tell me how I’m supposed to beat Sombra without killing him. I can’t figure it out.” I said.

“Why do you want to take him alive?” asked Chrysalis. “Wouldn’t it be easier to kill him?”

“Easy is not always best.” said Discord. “I see you took my words to heart. If you want Sombra taken alive, perhaps a spell will help you thrive.”

“Not your best rhyme, Discord, but I appreciate the advice. Do you think I can do it or is this a unicorn job?” I asked.

“I’m sure you have the power. Just concentrate on positive things and funnel it through your hands. It should cleanse him of his evil.”

“Thanks for the tip.” I said. Directing my attention to Chrysalis, I said, “You need to get out. I told Twi not to kill you, but if she sees you… I don’t know how much authority I’ll have.”

“Silver Rift, as Queen of changelings, I have to say that I do not need your help nor your pity.” she said smugly.

“But off the clock?”

“Thanks. I will bid you adieu.” said Chrysalis. She burst into flames and disappeared.

“Well. I guess we just have to worry about Sombra.” I said. “Can you give me a ride?”

“Of course.” he said, stepping up to me. He reached forward with his eagle hand and flicked me in the forehead. My vision blurred for a second and when I could see again, there was a changeling standing in front of me. I smacked him in the neck with my sheath, knocking him out.

“Way to join us.” said Fluttershy. “We thought you’d gotten yourself killed again.”

“Where is everypony?” I asked.

“They’re out fighting. Did you figure out how to beat Sombra without killing him?”

“Yeah. Let’s get him.” I said. Without warning, I felt a hand clasp my shoulder. I turned to face Fluttershy, who threw me against the ground. She dropped to her knees and punched me in the face. Raising her sword, she stabbed it down at my face. I leaned to the side and shoved her off. She jumped up and stared me in the face with her deep, red eyes.

“Shit.” I said as she jumped back onto me. She hit me in the throat, causing me to cough. With a swing of the leg, I kicked her in the back knocking her off me again. I decided to take advantage this time and jumped to my feet. I transformed into Silver Rift and extended my palm. I concentrated on happy things, my friends and family, Equestria and Fluttershy. I mentally shoved forward, blasting her with the positive energy I’d been storing. She fell over and closed her eyes tiredly.

“I was hoping she’d at least wound you before you fixed her. Oh well.” said Sombra, appearing out of nowhere. “My mother used to say to me ‘If you want something done right, murder the guy yourself’. I’m paraphrasing, of course.”

“What have you done to her?” I asked angrily.

“Don’t you pull that righteous anger thing on me. What’s next? You’re gonna start screaming for Rachel?”

“Sombra, you’ve killed me, hurt my friends and my city, and pretty much ruined my life, but the one thing you don’t do is mess with Fluttershy!” I screamed, rushing at him. I jumped and punched at his face. He blocked it and threw me down. I swung my leg and tripped him to the ground. I lunged on him and punched him in the chest. I scrambled to my hooves and brung my hoof down on Sombra’s head. He turned into a wisp of black smoke and passed right through me. I twirled around and punched him in the stomach. I was shocked to see that I hit Twilight.

“Twi!” I screamed. “Are you ok?”

“How could you?” she asked, dropping to her knees. Buried in her midsection was the hilt of a sword, dripping blood. She hit the ground and burst into black smoke.

“What the hell?” I asked. “How did that happen?”

“Stupid, simple, Silver Rift. I thought you would be able to see through my tricks. Don’t you know that I can make you see whatever I want? Like your deepest fears.” he growled. Black smoke enveloped me, blinding me. After a second the smoke disappeared, revealing the dark basement that I was suddenly in. Basement was a very flattering term, considering the fact that I could barely move my arms. Oh no. Nononononono! I never did well in tight spaces. I began to breathe raggedly, fear filling my body.

“No!” I shouted. “Somepony, anypony, please! I need help! Get me out of here!” Slowly, out of the wall melted snakes, 10 feet long and thicker than my arms. The one thing I feared more than tight places is… snakes.

“PLEASE!” I called, tears streaming down my face. “I NEED HELP!”

“Ssssilver Rift.” hissed one of the snakes. It reared it’s ugly head, revealing dark red eyes. “Sssso afraid. Claustrophobia and Ophidiophobia? Ssssso sssscared. What elssse do you fear?” Suddenly, I was on a platform, a thousand feet up, surrounded by all of my friends.

“Oh, thank GOD!” I said. “That was terrible! Where are we?”

“Getting away from you, faggot.” said Robert angrily. “What are we even doing here?”

“No clue.” said Isaiah. “Let’s bounce. His faggotness is starting to rub off.” They walked off the platform, disappearing from my vision.

“What was that?” I asked. “What happened?”

“They probably didn’t want to get blood on their clothes.” said Pinkie evilly. I noticed that her hair was straight and covered in blood.

“Do be careful with him, Miss Pinkamena. I would like to use his skin for a new dress.” said Rarity.

“These cupcakes of your’s better be good, Pinkamena.” said Applejack. “Ah’m starvin.”

“And try not to eat any before the batch is finished.” chimed Twilight. “Last time you baked, you ate half of it raw. And don’t forget that I get to inspect his skeleton.”

“Just hurry up.” said Rainbow Dash. “I have better things to do.”

“Don’t rush me.” said Pinkamena, stepping towards me. She pulled out a short, rusty scalpel and stuck it in my chest. “But maybe you guys are right. I should pick up the pace.”

“What are you doing?!” I shouted, dropping to my knees.

“I’m making snacks. My friends are getting restless, so perhaps I should cut to the chase!” she giggled, stabbing me with each syllable. I got to my hooves and ran to the edge of the platform. I looked down and saw a straight drop into nothing, I turned back around and was face-to-face with Fluttershy.

“Aww, look at how hopeful you look.” she said, in mock-adoration. “You think that I’m going to save you.” She turned and swung her tail seductively, hitting me in the nose. She looked completely normal except a thousand times more beautiful in everyway. I don’t understand how it was possible, but it was.

“Please. Help me, Fluttershy!” I cried. “Save me!”

“Why would I do that?” she asked, turning back to face me.

“Because I love you?” I tried.

“Ha! I hope you’re not deluded with the idea that I feel the same.” she laughed, pushing against me.

“I thought we were getting close.” I said, filled with terror. “Was I wrong?”

“Yes, yes you were. Did you really think that I could ever love somepony as worthless as you? Don’t make me laugh.”

“You… don’t love me?” I asked quietly.

“What did I just now say about making me laugh? Wanna save us all the time and off yourself?” she said. She shoved forward, knocking me off the platform. I fell through the air, screaming all the way.

“Hello.” said Sombra, falling through the air next to me. “Listen, there’s not much time. You will hit the ground in fifteen seconds. There is no way for you to survive, and if you hit the ground you will be in pain until you die. You can also put a bullet in your skull, much quicker, less painful. Go ahead. Make a choice.”

“Again with the ultimatums! Why can’t shit be straightforward with you?! I can’t make decisions! I need my… friends.” I said. “Friends. Friends! Those were my friends! They would never do that! You told me that you could show me my worst fears. That’s what this is! You’re messing with my head. If I concentrate I can break this!”

“No! You are not surviving twice!” shouted Sombra.

“Yes I am! I just have to think for a second. If I can just focus, maybe I can see through the bullshit!” I blinked hard and was back next to Fluttershy with my gun against my head. My friends huddled around me with looks of worry on their faces.

“What happened?!” shouted Robert. “Put down the gun! We can talk through this! Suicide is not the answer.”

“What? I’m not trying to kill myself. It was a trick. Sombra almost got me, too.” I said, wiping my face. Wait a second… “Get back! Get away from me!”

“What is it?!” asked Isaiah. “Are you alright?”

“Nothing is real! Everything is a lie!” I screamed, backing away. “All of this is a Sombra mind trick! None of you are real! Come out and fight me like a stallion, Sombra! What are you? A pussy?!”

“Angry, are we?” said Sombra, stepping out of the ground. “I’m the only pony here who deserves to be angry. I killed you… twice!”
“Come here, Sombra!” shouted Robert angrily.

“None of that! Shield up!” shouted Sombra, throwing his hooves up. A dome of dark purple energy surrounded me, Sombra, and Fluttershy’s unconscious body.

“Aaaaaaagh!” shouted Robert, running into the dome.

PCHEWM!

He flung backwards onto his back, moaning in pain. Lowering his arms, Sombra ripped out his sword and pointed it towards me.

“You wanted to fight me? Well, have at thee!” he said, lunging at me. I jumped back, just barely avoiding the tip of his black sword. I fumbled for my sword, getting it out just in time to block another jab. I deflected his next jab and sliced at his ribs. My sword passed right through his midsection, leaving my sword faintly smoking. Of course it did. Just what I needed: an enemy that I couldn’t touch.

“Shit!” I said, slicing at his knee. Still nothing. “Fight fair, Sombra! You prick!”

“You wanted to fight, so I gave you a fight. You should have learned the choreography before you came to tango!” laughed Sombra, slashing me in the shoulder, cutting me shallowly. I slashed at his ribs, once again to no avail. What would it take to hurt this guy?

“Silver.” moaned Fluttershy from the floor. “Don’t give up. You can do this. I have faith in you.”

“Shut up!” shouted Sombra. He aimed his hand at Fluttershy and launched a wave of purple energy at her, throwing her against the wall of the dome. She crashed to the ground with a groan.

“Sombra!” I shouted, aiming my hand at him. I concentrated hard on everything I loved. I thought of all my friends, especially Fluttershy, and willed it forward. This wave was different from the other. While the first one was invisible, this time I watched a tendril of grey energy fly and connect with Sombra’s chest.

“AHHHHHHHHH!” he screamed, his body glowing blinding white. He rose in the air, his body changing from a dark gray to pure white. His mane shifted from black to white, and his eyes became a gentle hazel. His fanged teeth retracted and he fell to the ground. I had done it!

“Sombra!” I shouted warily, running towards him. I reached down and helped him up. “Get up, ya big lug.”

“I feel… good.” he said, rising to his hooves. He pulled out his sword and pointed it towards me. “On your knees. I would like to knight you.” I dropped to my knees and bowed my head, remembering that he is, technically, a king. He reached to the sides and lowered the shield, then gestured for my friends to join us. I can’t believe it. It worked! All of my friends, even Fluttershy, bowed on one knee to be knighted. He placed the blade gently on my shoulder. He raised it high above his head and brought it down, burying it in my shoulder. Lightning fast, he swung his arms around, blasting my friends with magic. I fell to the ground, shocked and in pain.

“Did you really think that would work?” laughed Sombra. “Such a weak spell could never touch me!”

“How?… It didn’t work?” I asked stupidly.

“Of course not! Luna couldn’t beat me, Celestia didn’t beat me, not even Chrysalis could beat me! I am invincible! I’m a god! I’m a-” he said, getting cut off by Chrysalis, who had kicked him in the face with all her might. He dropped to the ground, shocked at the turn of events. Chrysalis pulled out a set of handcuffs and confined Sombra, kicking him in the face for good measure.

“You’re a self-indulgent piece of shit, that’s what you are!” she screamed. “Go ahead, just try to phase out! Soul-binding handcuffs, bitch!”

“Chrysalis.” I groaned. “Why?”

“Just trying to be a true, true friend.” she said, turning around. “It’s not going to happen again.”

“Thanks.” I moaned. “I thought I was a goner there.”

“Farewell, Silver Rift. If you don’t mind, I have to go find food for my people.” she said bitterly.

“Wait!” I said, gears in my head turning. “I think I have a solution!” I got to my hooves and pulled out Lunar. I trotted over to Sombra’s fallen body and put the barrel against his head.

“How?!” shouted Sombra angrily. “How did you win?!”

“Friendship.” I said simply.

“Enough with this ‘friendship’ bullshit! What does that even mean?! What is friendship in relation to this?!”

“Don’t you know? Friendship is Magic, bitch!” I said, pulling the trigger. I laughed as my bullet past over his head, him crying out in fear. “Oh, shut up, Sombra. You really think I would waste all that time trying to take you alive, just so I could kill you?”

“What is this solution of your’s, Silver?” asked Chrysalis impatiently.

“Help me fly up above the buildings.” I said. Turning my attention to the rest of my friends, I continued. “You guys will need to get up too.”

“Here. I got this.” said Conjure. He threw his hands down towards the ground, raising a chunk of earth high above the rooftops. He pointed his index finger at me and said, “Megaphone?”

“Thanks.” I said, my voice magically magnified 1000x it’s normal volume. I ripped the sword out of my shoulder, thinking it would hurt less than leaving it in. I was wrong.

“People of Earth!” I said to the ground. “You have no need to worry. I am aware that you are probably scared of what happened, so I am here to explain to you. I am Christian Michael Brookes. These are my friends Isaiah Simmons and Robert Thompson. The girls behind me are the Mane Six and Queen Chrysalis, from My Little Pony. Now, I know some of you are saying to yourselves ‘What is this nutcase talking about?’. To these people, I say ‘Shut up, I’m not done.’ Yes, they are fictional characters in this world, but they have their own world where, until recently, they have been living happily. Until King Sombra, Sunset Shimmer, Discord and the woman behind me got together to fight against Princess Celestia. Sunset Shimmer was killed a long time ago and Discord has decided to drop out of the battle. Why? Because he did not appreciate the way Sombra pressured Chrysalis to kill Celestia. Through a long series of events, Twilight Sparkle is in charge of all of Equestria and the Crystal Empire.” I looked at Twilight, who blushed in pride and, to tell you the truth, looked about ready to vomit. Turning back to the ground, I noticed that I had a group of people congregating around the ground we were above.

“Not more than an hour earlier, King Sombra began terrorizing the town, with the help of Chrysalis.” I continued. “A minute ago, we defeated Sombra. He will no longer be hurting anyone. Now there’s just Chrysalis, the woman standing directly behind me. Why isn’t she cuffed or dead, you ask? Simply because she didn’t ask for this. Queen Chrysalis is the queen of the changelings, a shape-shifting race that feeds on love. Lately, her people have been starving. So she did what any good leader would do: fight to her dying breath, trying to provide for her subjects. Now, I won’t lie. She has done some things that are morally questionable at best, but simply because she had no other option. Princess Celestia understood this, I understand this, and I expect you to understand. If it wasn’t for Chrysalis, I’d be dead on the ground and Sombra would be wiping out humanity. She is not a bad person. Now, why am I telling you all this? So I can teach you how to prevent this from happening again.”

“What are you talking about?” asked Chrysalis.

“Changelings feed on love, so I’m going to create enough excess love so that they can eat and live happily. I can open passageways from Earth to their world of Equestria. I am going to open one and allow ponies from Equestria to go to Earth, and humans on Earth to go to Equestria. You will be able to travel to a whole new world for the price of bus fare, but only on one condition: You will not hate each other. Everyone will feel love for one-another or else this will happen again. Only next time, I won’t be so quick to help. So, I beg you, go find your enemies and give them a hug. Love them simply for being a human being. Forgive them for how they’ve wronged you and beg that they do the same. Love and Harmony will reign over Earth. Tell your friends, spread the message. We will be a loving species, because everyone here will heed my words. No one is innocent. I have two people I need to forgive myself. So, I will say it once more, then I’m going to get down and seek medical attention before I bleed out. Harmony and forgiveness will be your savior. Just love and tolerate everyone you meet.” I finished, stumbling woozily. I put my finger against my throat and looked at Conjure hopefully. He pointed at me once more, lowering my voice to normal volume.

“Nice work Silver.” said Twilight. “I think you sent a message that will be remembered forever.”

“Thanks.” I said, pressing my hand against my wound, to slow the bleeding. “How did you guys do? During the fight?”

“We came, we saw…” began Robert.

“We kicked some ass!” finished Pinkie Pie. They laughed, then kissed ferociously. Isaiah grabbed Twilight and followed Robert’s example.

“Have you no shame?” said Rainbow Dash, grabbing Applejack. She leaned forward and kissed her lovingly. Huge shocker. I stumbled towards Fluttershy, hoping to get some first-aid. What I received was her lips pressed against mine.

“All of you are so lucky! You have your true loves right here, while I have to go all the way to Ponyville for mine!” said Rarity, slightly grumpily. “I have to go let Spike know how I feel.”

“Not that I didn’t enjoy that,” I said, breaking away from Fluttershy. “But I’m seriously about to pass out from blood loss.”

“You can have bandages or another kiss.” joked Fluttershy.

“Bleeding out isn’t such a bad way to go.” I said with a smile.