• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 740 Views, 10 Comments

Defenders of Harmony - chillbook2



Silver becomes the unwilling leader of a group of rebels who have united to combat King Sombra and his forces of evil.

  • ...
11
 10
 740

Option 1

“Wake up, Chris!” called a voice from outside my room. I sat up in my bed, turning to grab my glasses off of my dresser. I put them on my face and jump out of bed. I use the bathroom, wash my face, and comb through my curly, black hair. I threw on some clothes and ran downstairs. I walked in the kitchen and saw my mother cooking breakfast.

“Morning, Mom.” I said cheerfully. I took a seat at the table and waited to be served. My mom dropped a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. She made herself a plate and sat down.

“What’s up, champ?” she said brightly.

“Nothing much. Dad went to work already?” I asked.

“Yeah, but don’t worry. He’ll be home in time for your party. Who’s coming?”

“Well, Robert and Isaiah, obviously. Besides them is Mat, Pat, a couple of girls, and Kyle from the other high school.”

“And Sarah is coming.” she said.

“But Mom! I don’t like her. She’s weird. She’s always trying to get me to watch that stupid My Little Pony show! Please don’t make me invite her!” I begged.

“I know, I know. I don’t really like her either, but Harold needs me to watch her for a while. He’s busy at the restaurant, and Victoria is away on some restaurant convention. I need to pick her up from her gymnastic practice. We are kinda stuck with her until they get back. Sorry kid, I’ll make it up to you. We’ll hang out tomorrow. Anyway, it’s time for you to get to school.” she said.

“Fine. See you when I get home.” I said, leaving the house. Little did my mother know, I wasn’t actually going to school. I hopped on the bus, which would take me to school in 4 stops. I got off after 6, and walked up to my friends, Mat, Pat, Isaiah, and Robert. I approached them, waving. Mat pulled out five water guns and tossed me one. I opened the tank and sniffed it’s contents. Bleach. I think I know where this is going.

“Who?” I asked mischievously. “Where is he?”

“I don’t know his name, but he should be walking past here pretty soon.” said Mat. Sure enough, a minute after, some kid in a yellow hoodie. On the front were blue eyes, some My Little Pony character. Shutterfly, or something like that. Doesn’t matter. We’re gonna have some fun. We walked past him, letting him walk away a few feet before blasting him in the back. He turned around, shocked, as we emptied about two gallons of bleach all over him. He ran away in fear and anger, screaming over his shoulder “You guys are assholes!” We watched him run away, us laughing the entire time.

“That was epic!” I said.

“Yeah, it was.He’s gonna be pissed. What do we do know?” asked Pat.

“I dunno. Just hang around, I guess.” I said. We walked around town, stopping at stores here and there. We stopped off at a burger joint for lunch. We met a few more bronies, harassed them, and kept going. We went to the CD store, picked up the new Tears of Plague CD and were just general delinquents for most of the day. We walked into Jackson’s, a vegetarian restaurant, where Sarah worked part-time. I stopped the guys outside and went up to her. Let’s get this over with.

“Hey, Sasha.” I said drearily. I think some part of me was aware her name isn’t Sasha. “Wanna come to my party later?”

“Will there be bronies?” she asked. Here we go.

“No, but there will be normal, non-homosexual, guys you could creep out, if you want.” I responded.

“Do I creep you out?” she asked, twirling a lock of her fire-red hair.

“Very much, yes. But, my mom told me you need to stay over for a while, so you might as well show up. I can’t exactly tell you to go somewhere else.”

“What do you find creepy about me?” she asked, still twisting that bright hair.

“Where to start? You watch a show for 7 year old girls, your hair is bright, obnoxious, and unnatural, you constantly hit on me, and you don’t seem to understand personal space.” I said, pushing her out of my face. Ugh. She is very… ugh!

“Wanna hear how none of that makes me creepy?” she said. Not waiting for me to answer, she continued. “The show is not for 7 year olds, the target audience is actually for girls more my age. My hair is not all that bright, you’re just really normal and dull. I only get in your space to piss you off. As to why I hit on you, well… you’re cute.”

“Uh… that’s cool I guess. Well… see you at my party. Don’t be creepy. Try to stay away from me. You’re only there because you have to be.” I said, walking away.

“You don’t mean that! One day, we’ll end up together, making out on a rooftop!” she called. I opened the door and stepped out.

“Not even in your dreams, Sasha!” I called looking over my shoulder. I looked back in front of me just in time to see me run into somebody. I fell to the ground, hitting with a thud. He had long, black hair, graying skin and red eyes. He looked down, and extended his right hand to help me up. I grabbed it and felt a rush of wind.

You must make a choice.”, he whispered.

“What was that, sir?” I asked, getting to my feet.

“Sorry. I should have paid more attention to where I was walking.” he growled. “Well, have a nice day.” He walked past me into the restaurant. I turned back and saw no one but Sarah. Strange. I walked up to my friends to finish the day.

“Who was that?” asked Isaiah.

“I don’t know.” I said, face dripping sweat. “He bumped into me and whispered… I can’t remember. I… don’t… what are we doing here, again?”

“We were deciding what next. We gonna mess with more fags?” said Mat.

“Nah. Let’s go to find Kyle. He’s about to get out of school now, isn’t he?” I said. We left and walked to Kyle’s high school. We got there a few minutes early, so we had a smoke. Ok, they had a smoke. Me and Isaiah don’t mess with cigarettes. We sat outside for ten minutes, waiting for the bell to ring.
BRIIING!!!

Students flooded from the school. I walked into the middle of the group, letting people flow around me. Through the crowd, I picked out Kyle, the short, scrawny, new member of our group. He was cool enough, maybe a little weak for my taste. Anyway, I approached him, grabbed his shoulder, and about-faced. We headed back to my house. We got there and walked upstairs.

“Mom! We’re home!” I called heading towards my room.

“Uh… Chris? There’s something you should know…” responded my mom.

“In a second! I’m just gonna change my clothes!” I said, opening my door. I walked in and went to hop on my bed. Too bad a creepy redhead was occupying it.

“Hi, Chris!” she said brightly. “I see you’re hanging out with your asshole friends. Except for you, Kyle. You’re ok.”

“What are you doing on my bed?” I asked, exasperated.

“I got out of school early, and your mom told me to make myself at home. I like your room.”

“Mom!” I called.

“I didn’t expect her to invade your room!” she replied. “Sarah, would you mind helping me set up the party?”

“Of course, Mrs. Brookes. Anything at all.” she said. She jumped up and cartwheeled past me. She skipped down the stairs behind my mom, who was mouthing her apology silently. I waved her off and jumped on my bed. My friends and I played video games until 7 o’clock, when the party started. We ran outside to the backyard, where a huge tent was erected. I stepped inside, letting my dad direct me towards a long table, sitting me next to all of my friends. He cut me a slice of cake, threw some ice cream on next to it, and slammed it in front of me. I went to take a bite, but had my face slammed into the cake.

“Happy birthday!” said my dad, raising my face. He passed me a towel to wipe the frosting off, but I couldn’t, I was trembling so hard. From laughter, of course. That was hilarious! I wiped my face and finished the rest of my cake. I joked around with my friends and family for over an hour. After a while, I had to take a break, so I left the tent and ran around the side of my house. I grabbed the ladder leaning against the side and scaled up to the roof of my home. I layed down on a mat I had threw down a while back. I stared up at the stars, enjoying the outdoors. I closed my eyes for a while, thinking. I remembered the man from earlier. Who was he? What was that whisper about? And why do I care? He was just some random dude.

“What’s up, Chris.” came a voice. I opened my eyes and saw the creepy redhead herself, taking a spot next to me.

“What do you want, Sarah?” I asked.

“Ah-ha! You’re starting to like me.” she said.

“What makes you say that? You didn’t get less creepy in four hours.”

“You called me Sarah.” she said plainly.

“So? That’s your name, isn’t it?”

“So it is. If you know that, why do you call me Sasha?”

“Why are you up here?” I asked, ignoring her question. “How did you even know I’d be up here?”

“I watched you climb up here. I came up here to talk.” she said.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“Do you actually care? Or are you just trying to set me up to look stupid?”

“Guess I do care. So, go on.”

“Wanted to ask you why you hang out with such assholes. You’re actually a cool person. You should hang out with less-shitty people.”

“They’re my friends, and they aren’t assholes. Why are you so weird?” I asked.

“Ooh, a question game! I like it. Have to answer a question to ask a question; seems fair. I’m weird because it’s fun. Normal is boring. Why do you hate bronies so much? We’re a cool fanbase.”

“I don’t hate them. They’re just unnatural. They shouldn’t enjoy it. Why do you enjoy it?”

“It’s funny, it’s emotional, it’s well-animated, and it teaches good traits. Like how to make good friends. Do you have a girlfriend?”

“Uh… no. Why?” I asked. “Wait, that’s not my question! My question is this: Do you consider me your friend?”

“You’re my best friend, whether you wanna acknowledge it or not. Do you think I’m pretty?” she asked, inching closer to me. “Answer honestly.”

“Er… uh… y-yes. You’re really pretty. One of the most beautiful girls I’ve ever seen.” I said, trying to find a way to change the topic. Why was I being so open? “Does your dad know I tease you so much?”

“If he does, I don’t care. I know you do it because you can’t express yourself. Don’t worry about it. Do you wanna start acting like friends?”

“I guess. Will you make an effort to get along with the guys? I’ll keep them off your back.”

“Will you make a decision?”

“Aren’t you supposed to answer my question before you ask yours?” I asked.

“I didn’t say anything. I always try to be nice to the assholes. I mean your friends.” she whispered, a few inches away from me. “Will you stop me from doing this?” She leaned in and pressed her lips against mine. She kissed me like nothing I’ve ever felt before. I looked to the right and saw him. The guy from Jackson’s was on the roof next to us.

“Enjoying this life?” he growled. “Will this be your choice? Let’s see the other option.”

Author's Note:

Still hanging in there? My, what a strong will this one has? Hope this isn't too unbearable. Perhaps there are even a few who are enjoying this.

Nah.