• Published 31st Oct 2015
  • 1,653 Views, 64 Comments

You're Wanted: I'll Always Protect You - SciWriter



What does one do when evil comes and you have your own children to worry about? Do you protect those you love and keep them safe, or do you stand and fight, hoping for the best?

  • ...
3
 64
 1,653

All In the Eyes

The day Gray died, I had flown faster than I had flown in a long time, my only thoughts centering on desperately trying to save my daughter from that vicious monster.

It was finally about a month later and even still my wings hurt a little, but for the most part I was back on my hooves, as was everyone else. Well…

AJ still wasn’t bucking trees and sadly it was pretty certain she would never be back to that. Big Mac had to take over all of the major chores around the farm, and even then the family was having to hire ponies to help them. This was apparently hard to afford and frequently, AJ was sent to ask if I or anypony else would help out for free. I and my friends did so gladly, but it seemed to bug the heck out of AJ just to ask. Still, AJ was coming back to normal a little, you see… ahh… just to myself, I had to admit, I felt so sorry for her. Her hard work ethic defined so much of what she did. AJ had a sense of humor, and she was very wise for her age, and she always knew how to make you feel welcome, but to take away her work, it was just cruel.

She was adjusting, basically becoming a baker with Pinkie, but even then she could only work so many hours a day. She also said she was happy to have a lot more time to spend with her sister, even if she couldn’t keep up like she used too. She was learning all kinds of new jokes, and she was starting to love sharing them, Pinkie gladly teaching her the art of the punchline.

Scootaloo was also still healing up. The doctors said that after all the trauma she had went though, she was lucky to be alive at all. Her leg was finally out of its cast, but she was still moving rather slowly.

I actually had to appreciate her friends in this time, as I’m sure she did too. Apple Bloom was her self-appointed protector, any time other foals would say anything mean about Scootaloo moving so slow, they would deal with her personally. Sweetie, who was much better with tact and discreteness, was usually the one to speak for Scoots when something was too much for her in her current state –let's face it, Scootaloo was like me, the very idea of saying “I can’t” was offensive, so naturally someone had to say it for her-. Lightning was entertainment, telling jokes, zipping around like a hurricane and frequently somehow honestly losing rough housing bouts with an injured disabled pegasus foal her own age. Don’t ask me to explain, Lightning rates somewhere between unicorn magic and general Pinkieness on my explain-ability scale. Finally, whenever they hung out, Dusk walked next to Scootaloo, no matter how slow she had to go, never complaining, never getting antsy. I will never understand where a six year old gets patience like that.

But yea, the time was now coming, Lightning would have to set out for Dodge City, and even if I didn’t want to go with her, Scootaloo sure as heck did- I did, just if I didn’t okay?-. That and I gave my word and I did have an interest in the filly after all this time.

I set out for the train with my daughter riding on my back as I flew through the streets at a steady pace. “Hey Rainbow!” came a familiar farm pony’s voice. “Wait up, ah got a good one today.” I flew down next to AJ. “Made it up ma’self this time, Pinkie hasn’t even heard it.”

I started walking with her, Scootaloo jumping down and joining Apple Bloom next to Apple Jack. “Shoot,” I said with a smile, always up for a good laugh.

“What has blue eyes and is still coming for you?” came a much deeper voice, accompanied by a pair of blue eyes suddenly appearing in my vision. I jumped back, grabbing Scoots and throwing a wing between us both and the eyes. I lowered my wing and looked around, at my gathering friends, Fluttershy and Twilight now there. “No one else saw him?” I asked. Head shakes and a few “nope”s came as my answer.

So yea, that was another thing. More than anypony else… well save for Lightning and her brother of course… Gray had messed with the heads of me and Scootaloo. Even sure as we were that he was dead, we both kept having visions of him.

Twilight trotted over to me. “He’s gone Rainbow, gone. And I’m right here. You’re safe.” I pulled Scootaloo close to me, glancing around, knowing I was wrong to do that, but I couldn’t help it. “Scootaloo is safe too.” She pushed up my chin with her hoof. “Now c’mon, the Rainbow Dash I know isn’t afraid of anything right?” She smiled at me as genuinely as she could. I stood up and let Scootaloo go, her staying by my side anyway this time.

I continued to the train station, being joined by the rest of my friends. Not all of my friends were coming to Dodge City, just me, Pinkie, Rarity and AJ. Rarity and AJ because their sisters wanted to stick by their newest friends as long as they could. Pinkie because she needed to keep tabs on her student Apple Jack and make sure she kept practicing both baking and joke making.

Finally at the train station, the filly of the hour saw us and zoomed over to us. “You came, you came, you came, you came, you came, you came, you came, you came!” Lightning said, zipping around the entire group several times.

I have never seen Twilight have to try twice to catch someone with her magic until that day. Lightning is REALLY unpredictable in the air though, so actually I watched two purple puffs just miss her when she spontaneously changed direction several times before a purple cloud finally surrounded the filly. “Calm down,” Twilight said. “Of course we’re here. You saved our friend and some of us are starting to think of you as a friend anyway.”

“A FRIEND!” Lightning screamed as Twilight set her down. Twilight’s spell went away and the filly shot away nigh instantly.

“Is she that used to unicorns capturing her to calm her down?” Rarity asked.

“VINYL! VINYL! VINYL! Twilight says I’m her friend!” Lightning shouted at the white unicorn who was now walking over to us.

Twilight’s eyes started nervously traveling off to the side as even Fluttershy started to laugh. Twi spoke to me quietly. “That’s not exactly what I meant. I means she’s an okay filly and all, but she’s not even half my age and I barely know her.”

I smiled. “So go ahead Twi, tell a little kid that she is definitely NOT a friend of the Princess of Friendship. That should go over well.” She gave me a half hearted glare.

I snickered. Twilight grumbled.

Luckily Lightning’s attention span was about as long as that of a gnat so she didn’t stay on that note for long. Twilight was able to give some excuses why she wasn’t accompanying her new “friend” to Dodge and those of us destined for Dodge city piled on the train… well attempted to.

“Um… no,” came a voice I knew, but was having trouble placing. I turned to see the night general, Moonstone standing next to the door of the train.

Seeing him again, I decided it was high time I noted exactly what he looked like. His coat was a very dark denim blue, almost black and his short mane was navy blue, making his natural colors much darker than the purple armor of the night guard which he wore. His eyes were orange with a black slit for a pupil. He was also huge, towering almost a full foot over me. His chest was big and firm and his legs stalky. He was… forgive me, I am a mare after all… kinda hot. I had a thing for bat ponies, didn’t talk about it much, but it was there.

He continued to speak. “Her highness is in a special car near the back of the train. You and whichever elements are coming are requested to join her, along with the filly, Lightning Strike.” Myself, Rarity, AJ, Vinyl, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Dusk and Lightning all turned to- “Um no, again, just the element bearers and the filly. It would not be proper to overcrowd the princess. I-“ but he stopped.

I was holding tightly to Scootaloo with my wing, and next to me, Lightning was clinging to her brother. “I’m sorry, but right now I have a hard time being apart from her if she’s going to strange places.”

“Dusty…” Lightning whined next to me.

“Well… how much room do foals take up anyway?” Moonstone sighed. “Fine, you can all come. The princess is fond of children anyway. But I will advise the children remember Luna is still royalty. She is to be given respect. Which means the proper distance.” We all turned to follow him when he stopped Vinyl. “Pardon me, but just who are you?”

‘I’m... Lightning Strike’s legal guardian.’ She wrote to him. ‘I kind of assumed I should go with her.’

“Is Lightning your daughter or not?” Moonstone asked point blank.

‘Well no but-‘

“Let me get this straight. You assume invitations to ride with royalty automatically extend to you because you are circumstantially related to someone who is to be in her presence?” He stood tall, his bat like wings halfway extended. “Am I understanding this correctly?”

‘Well…’

“Am I understanding you correctly?”

‘I mean, Lightning has no parents here. Only the dragon Torkuda, but he’s off in his cave right now. Somepony needs to watch her.’

“There will be plenty of adult ponies, including Honor Guard and myself in the car with her. I believe I can handle one small filly.”

‘Yes but…’

“Did you momentarily forget whom she is to be riding with?”

‘I suppose,’ Vinyl bowed her head and left the group. She walked slowly, hesitantly looking back every few steps, like she was having to assure herself Lightning and her brother would be okay without her. I gritted my teeth. Maybe she wasn’t an element bearer, but that was no reason to disrespect Vinyl. Still, I supposed Moonstone was just doing his job. He couldn’t let just anyone into that car, probably going out on a limb letting me keep Scoots with me as it was.

“Wait- what- Vinyl?” Lightning started. “No! You were gonna sit with me.” Before anyone could even react, Lightning was in the air and shot over to her guardian. “You’re not leaving are you? Please don’t- I need you. You’re my best friend- well besides Dusk but he’s my brother so he doesn’t count anymore so-” Vinyl lowered the filly with her magic. She wrote something to the filly. “NO! I’m not going anywhere without you!”

I shook my head. Lightning was a dramatic filly if nothing else. Not that I could blame her, but still. “I suppose someone should talk to them,” said Moonstone with a sigh.

“Hold up general, allow m-“

“I BEG YOUR PARDON CADET!” he shouted. I stumbled back. “I may not be in the service of the Princess of the day but I still deserve your respect, do I not?” Oh right… I was a cadet in the Wonder Bolts… and he was a general… and I had just talked to him like an old friend… oops. “For that you’re lucky I don’t dress you down right here in front of everyone. Do not mistake my earlier candor for me forgetting your position. You were injured and battered by personal attacks on you and your daughter, I thought it best to ignore your personal demeanor at the time. Am I to understand that is simply the norm for you now?”

“No sir!” I shouted, standing up straight.

“I do not need to speak to Spitfire do I?”

“No sir, I will remember sir.”

“We’ll see.” He looked back over at Vinyl and Lightning. “That being said, what did you wish to say?”

“Well, with respect sir, Lightning has no idea who you are, and she’s been on edge all this month. Maybe I should help you explain things to her. She trusts me sir.”

“Very well,” he said. “We’ll talk to them together.” Moonstone walked over to Vinyl, myself trying to remember what exactly was the proper distance to follow a general at was as I followed. When we were next to them Vinyl and Lightning looked up at us. The general spoke up again. “Ma’am, I must apologize for any appearance of disrespect. However, I have to maintain the princess’s security. You do not strike me as a dangerous pony, but judging things like that is not in my job description. You are not forbidden to ride the train and if you were supposed to be watching over the filly, I will have… words with Moon Shade about his omitting you in his report. I understood Lightning would be traveling with just the element bearers and her friends. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will ensure there are accommodations for you upon arrival in Dodge. You and Lightning probably won’t be housed together- again my apologies- however she will be cared for and you will not be forbidden to see her.” Wow, formal much? This is a family matter general Stone… huh, name made sense now. He looked at me. “Go ahead Cadet Dash.”

Lightning had wrapped herself around Vinyl’s leg. “Don’t take her from me,” she said. And the look she gave me… ouch.

“We’re not taking her away. She’ll be on the train too just in a different car,” I said.

“But she was supposed to sit with me. Vinyl is important! She’s my guardian and my mentor and biggest hero and… and… don’t take her away!” she said back. Again, ow, this kid knew how to make you feel like some kind of demon.

“She’s kinda your mom isn’t she?” I asked. Lightning looked left and right and hesitantly nodded.

“Not really but…”

I knelt down to look her in the eyes on her own level. “Listen kiddo, we all know Vinyl is important. But that’s kinda what this is about. It’s not that we’re taking her away, she’ll be with you in Dodge City and like the general just said, you’ll be able to visit like here-“

“I LIVE with her here.”

“Oh… oh shoot you do don’t you?” I stuttered out. “How did I never notice that?” I shook my head. “Anyway, look, Vinyl might be important, but she’s not important enough to ride in the car with the rest of us right now-“

“I beg your pardon!” Moonstone practically shouted. His bat wing was suddenly shoved between myself and Lightning. Just that wing pushed me back with such force I was actually astonished and was not sure if I could have pushed back against just it. He stood in front of the filly, his size and demeanor still like a massive stone. Looking at him, Lightning Strike squeaked and dropped to the ground in fear. Moonstone’s wing shot over her and then suddenly under her, pushing her to her hooves. It then pushed up her chin. “Listen to me young lady. Don’t listen to this sadly uninformed mare. She is confusing station with importance. ALL ponies, should be IMPORTANT to her.” Okay, I had to admit I had worded that poorly and now I was kind of swimming in my own horse shoes with embarrassment that I was doing my best not to express in front of a three star general. “The fact is, only certain ponies can go before the princess. The exact reasons are complicated and I don’t think you’ll fully follow if I explain them.”

“You’re gonna take her-“ Lightning said, starting to shake and bend her knees.

Moonstone held her chin with his wing. “Stand up straight!” he demanded. Mostly out of fear, she obeyed. “You are possibly one of the most powerful ponies in all of Equestria from what I’ve heard,” I held my tongue, but I seriously doubted that statement. “You should not fear us taking Vinyl from you. You shouldn’t fear. You should know. You should know she will only be in the other car. You should know I give you my word on this and I would not give my word to you lightly. I respect you. And I will not lie to you. I refuse to lie to the good, and you are good, are you not?”

“Um…”

“Are you?” He demanded. Lightning tried to look away but he wouldn’t let her. “I respect you, respect yourself. Others respect you as they should. You are not helpless, stop believing you are.”

“But Gray-“

“YOU KILLED GRAY! Why the hell should you be afraid of him? You protected your brother, your friends and yourself. You are NOT helpless. What more proof could you possibly need?” His voice boomed. “STAND!” He pulled away his wing. Lightning looked left and right. She started to shirk down, but then she looked into his face. I don’t know what she saw, but suddenly she stood up straight, copying his pose, her wings half extended. Bolts danced around her. I had to admit, if I could find an eight year old intimidating, I would have found her so in that moment. “Now come. Say goodbye and then be prepared to say hello again in Dodge, it won’t be difficult, not for you, will it?”

“N…n… no.” she said. Well, again, she was still Lightning Strike.

Lightning was left to say goodbye to Vinyl. I let myself smile at the general. He turned and glared at me and suddenly I felt about two inches tall. “Not important!?” he demanded.

“I didn’t mean it like that…” I tried to say.

“How did you mean it exactly?” he demanded. “Don’t answer. Let me tell you how you should think. You are a soldier of Equestria. You protect ALL of her citizens and ALL of them are equally important to you. Your opinion of any of them is irrelevant, for you this is fact. There is rank, and you respect that. But do you not notice that I respect you? A lowly cadet and I respect you. If I do not, then why take the time to teach you? No matter my opinion of you, Luna demands it. NEVER confuse importance with position. If you do and I hear of it, you will wish I never did. I have seen enough ponies forget this and treat their subordinates like trash. Clearly Spitfire and I do have things we need to discuss if this is not instinct for you.” I nodded, feeling a little more shame than I’m sure I strictly would have felt had anypony else said that to me. What was it about this stallion?

Lightning said goodbye to Vinyl, who yes, just got on a different car. Poor kid, all that and that’s all that was on the line. We had all been through so much.

Still, I got a good chuckle watching her and eventually the entire Cutie Mark Crusader troop follow Moonstone, all holding their heads high like he did. It was cute. Good to see them all getting a little dose of self-respect, even if they were just impersonating it. Okay, indulge a mother a little, Scootaloo was especially cute, her little wings half out, trying to maintain that pose despite moving slowly. She was a natural. I trotted up next to her and took the pose as well.

As we worked our way through the royal car to Luna’s area, Rarity came up beside me. “Soooo… Rainbow Dash um…”

“I’m your friend Rarity, you don’t need to act nervous with me,” I said flatly, not at all sure what was going on.

“I’m not nervous about you um… the general you see…” Oh no… “I’ve never considered a bat pony before but…” no… “The way he handled Lightning, giving her confidence like that, and the way he struts, his chiseled stallion chest…” no… “It couldn’t have escaped your notice. Oh and that night armor, it’s just exquisite, fitting his dark body like a… what? I have eyes, don’t you?”

“Rarity, he’s a general. Even if I did admit that he’s… okay so he’s really hot, kinda hard to find stallions with that kind of presence these days, but still, he’s waaaay out of my league. I’d probably break about fifteen bylaws even thinking about him in that way.”

Rarity chuckled. “Out of your league hmm? Less competition for me!” Oh sweet Celestia, she was gonna be unbearable this trip wasn’t she?

“Rarity-“ I started with an annoyed tone.

She lowered her eyebrows at me. “Well Rainbow Dash, I beg your pardon, I am a mare and he is a stallion after all. Attraction is rather natural, kind of how we keep the species going. I want a stallion, is that such a crime?” okay so she had a point.

“Well no not really… still a general?”

“Aim high,” Rarity said with a wink. I groaned. “Oh shoot, princess on deck-“ she and I both looked up and saw Luna dressed in her full royal regalia. She stood before us with that wise authoritative gaze her sister pulled off so much better, still, she wasn’t bad at it herself. I and the entire company bowed low… save for Lightning who zipped straight up to her and hugged her. I winced, waiting for the shouts of anger from Honor Guard and Moonstone, along with any display of violence they would go through to “protect” their liege from a friendly little filly… and I almost did a double take when I opened my eyes and saw Luna affectionately nuzzling the foal.

“Momma Luna!” Lightning said. “I missed you so much!”

“We have missed thee as well,” Luna responded.

“That’s kinda personal,” I quietly noted to Rarity.

“She did save the filly personally and become her surrogate mother, remember?” asked Rarity back, discreetly as she could.

“We bid you all to rise.”

(***)

And thus our ride was under way. I guess I can be a little dense at times about relationships that aren’t my own. Probably should have guessed Lightning and the princess were close, Lightning did have a way of making you feel pretty important… or like mud, but for now that was mostly unintentional. I wasn’t exactly sure why Luna wanted myself, Rarity and AJ there, but mostly she just talked with Lightning and Dusk for the trip, catching up with them.

On either side of Luna, Honor Guard and Moonstone took turns resting while the other watched, it being long past when they as night guard should be sleeping. Luna was starting to look tired as well.

Still, for the two foals she used to care for, Luna stayed awake. It really was strange to see the princess of the night being so personal with a pair of children. I’d never thought of her before in this light. She even tickled them a few times, it was weird.

Oh yea and then there was… the pair. Did they always have to do this? When AJ and I compete, it’s fun, when Rarity and Apple Jack do it, insanity soon ensues. For instance, Rarity had her eyes traveling nervously towards the general the entire trip, as did Apple Jack, so wouldn’t it be obvious what was about to ensue?

“So, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity said, sitting on a giant pillow next to me (this was a royal car, the pillows sure were nicer than normal train seats), “Tell me- anything you can about Moonstone.” I rolled my eyes. I then looked over at AJ, who was “not listening” by looking away about two inches from my face. Subtle.

“Um… he’s a general, in the night guard.”

“And has a deep booming voice and the self-confidence ta match,” I gave AJ a lazy eye. “What? Ah just noticed is all. Not really that interested.”

I turned my head back to Rarity, whose face was currently about two centimeters from mine. “I am!”

“Guys, I’m in the Wonder Bolts, in the reserves at that. He’s in the active Night Guard. Asking me about him is like asking you about the shoe industry because you make dresses Rares.”

“I’m a fashionista, not a dress maker. I know more about shoes than you know about your own daughter. So, what can you tell me about the general?” Rarity said back with a grin.

“I know that if you want to know anything of substance about him you’re just gonna have to talk to him,” I replied.

At that, Apple Jack stood up, “Kay,” and promptly headed for the general, white magic enveloping her and suddenly her face was inches from Rarity’s.

“First, off, are you insane?” Rarity asked. “You don’t just approach stallions out of the blue and show interest, you’ll scare them,”

“Really? Ah haven’t noticed that,” AJ replied in a deadpan voice.

“Oh? You think you know better? How married are you then?” Rarity said.

“Bout as much as you,” AJ replied. Is this what it’s like to be stallion crazy? Look, attraction I got, every so often I would notice a really hot body, but in the end, stallions are just ponies … and yes, I’m aware that my lack of showing interest is probably why Scootaloo doesn’t have a father, I just… well really until I had Scootaloo already, I never really had thought about long term relationships. Short term ones either. Sports were my thing, not stallions. “That bein’ said, ah don’t really pursue em’ like you do, so failure record and all,” oh, shoot, where’s popcorn when you need it? That was such a smart thing to say. You could have just watched the steam come off of Rarity’s head.

“I’m going to say this one time Apple Jack, he’s mine,” Rarity said.

“Isn’t that kinda up to him? He can turn us both down,”

“Well yes he can, I respect that he’s another pony and all, but you’ll never get anyone if that’s your primary thought. But like I told you, back off or else-“

“Else what? Ah’m still recoverin’. You really threatening an injured friend?” Apple Jack asked. “Not that I like bringin’ it up…”

Rarity sighed. “No- look, let’s work together and if he goes for one of us, we’ll both be happy for me- I mean whoever he goes for.” They both got up and walked over to the stallion.

Scootaloo, sitting next to me, finally voiced a certain concern. “He’s like ten feet away at most and don’t bat ponies have really good hearing?”

“Yes, but I think you’re missing the point,” I said back. “Rarity and Apple Jack are going to try to work together to win a stallion’s heart, who happens to be a three star general… this I have to see.”

I watched at the two mares stood on either side of the stallion, because flanking someone is sooo the best way to proposition them. And- “I can’t fraternize in front of the princess,” he said. Shut down in two seconds flat. To quote Spitfire, “That’s an academy record!”.

“That is correct,” said the Princess. “However, we do not need to be protected in this manner from friends and a group of foals. We are in a good mood, why should thee not be general? Why don’t thee and Honor Guard take a break?”

What? The general looked at both of my friends with a smile. “Ladies?” , motioning to the door with his right wing. What? Was this happening? What… how was I supposed to feel about this? What’s the best part? The worst part was I wouldn’t be able to watch them get epically shut down, but… they might not be? Guys like being approached like that? Wow, I really did not understand romance did I? Happens when you really don’t pay attention to a subject I guess.

“Nothing improper general,” the princess said. “We should not have to tell thee, but children are present.”

“I will be entirely proper,” the general said, turning and bowing, Rarity seeming all the happier at that notion.

“I’m gonna be sick,” Scootaloo said.

“I might be too… or should I be happy for them?” I asked.

“Rainbow… Dash…” Scootaloo slowly said. She rolled over holding her stomach. “Ahhh,” she started to groan and hiss.

“Squirt that’s a little much for…” she was not joking. All ponies in the car were soon huddled around me and my daughter as Scootaloo hissed and squeaked in pain, hitting the pillow in an attempt to get even a small bit of relief. Well, all of the ponies except the general that is. He opened the door to the outside and shot out of the car immediately. “Scootaloo… Scoots… it’s gonna be okay, just hang in there… what’s going on? Tell me what’s wrong.”

“I don’t know,” she practically shouted, her voice cracking. “It really hurts, I don’t know what but something really hurts.”

The general returned flying through the door- not an easy maneuver to pull off, landing inside a moving train I might point out-. “Everyone get clear,” he commanded, even Luna obeying. “I spoke to the conductor,” he said, talking over Scootaloo’s groans, which were slowly turning into screams. “We’re twenty minutes out. Honor Guard, knock her out and put her in your freeze spell until then.” He turned to Luna, who herself seemed rather distressed, but quickly straightened out and took a stance. “With your leave princess, I will fly ahead for a doctor.”

“Make haste general.” Luna replied.

“As you command.” He shot away again.

Honor Guard’s horn glowed, Scootaloo falling limp immediately. Her body started to glow with Honor Guard’s magic… wait, Honor Guard’s magic wasn’t blue- Two blue eyes rose off Scootaloo’s now unconscious form, a deep laughter starting up.

“Get away from her!” I shouted, slamming my hooves into Honor Guard.

Suddenly I was lifted into the air by Luna’s magic. I looked down and still saw those eyes over Scootaloo’s body. “The eyes… the big glowing eyes… am… am I the only one who can see them?” I asked. “Please tell me I’m the only one who can see them.”

“Calm yourself,” Luna said. “There are no eyes.”

I looked down. The eyes weren’t going away. “There are no eyes… there are no eyes, Gray is dead, he’s not here… he’s not here.” The Cutie Mark Crusaders surrounded their injured member, all except Lightning laying down around her, the yellow filly hovering over all of them.

Rarity’s magic surrounded me and I found myself against the wall of the train. Rarity stared straight into my eyes, her eyes starting to glow blue and her pupils growing. “He’s not here Rainbow, he’s gone, gone for good.” I started trembling.

“He’s gone,” I repeated. “He’s… totally gone… what’s hurting her then? We’re the only ones here, and the only ones close to her were me, you and Apple Jack… Moonstone! He’s leaving for a reason! I have to get him, he hurt my daughter, I’ll kill him, I’ll kill him!”

“Darling, no one attacked her,” Rarity said. “He’s just getting a doctor. Think, if he was fleeing why did he come back?”

“You just like him-“ I started, but Rarity glared.

“If I did not know you were paranoid right now I would take that as an insult Rainbow. I would never put my hormones before your daughter’s life. Now settle down.”

“Your eyes,” I squeaked out.

“Settle down…”

I closed my eyes tightly, blinked a few times, and Rarity’s eyes finally returned to normal.

I was finally let down, Rarity putting a hoof over my shoulder, Apple Jack staying near the foals, whom all looked very scared. “What’s happening to me?” I asked. “Honor Guard is helping her isn’t he?... I almost made it worse… I would have attacked Moonstone, and he’s helping her too… what’s wrong with me?”

Lightning flew over to me. “Now you really are like me,” she said. “It… kinda gets better.” I knelt down to her level.

“How long will I be like this? I’m not gonna hurt my daughter am I? How long does this last?” Yes, it totally struck me that I was asking for psychological advice from a filly, but that was all I could come up with, I was so scared.

Lightning of course didn’t help. She looked back at her brother, then back at me. “Injuries to the body heal… but the mind… mine still hasn’t.”

Author's Note:

Shipping fuel for everyone, everyone likes bat ponies right? Oh and something about Rainbow Dash losing her mind, I'm sure that's not important though.

Edited by Earth Rainbow