• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 1,934 Views, 24 Comments

In Need of a Smile - Sweetheart_a_Light



Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are feeling sad, so they try to find a solution.

  • ...
4
 24
 1,934

Chapter 2: Encounter

Pinkie Pie stopped by the entrance of the local market. She looked around to find that the place was completely crowded. 'Geez, I wonder if everypony in town had the same idea of coming here today', she thought. It was almost impossible to walk around.



"Well, let me see..." the pink pony said, while searching for the list she prepared in her saddlebag. "I'm gonna need a lot of stuff! I just hope that there's still something left!"



She looked around to see if there was an empty vending stand. With much effort to look through the ponies walking in front of her, she found the carrot stand with no customers.



"Great! It's just what I need it!" she gleefully shouted. "Mrs. Cake said that she needed carrots urgently; she'll be so glad that I got that done for her!"



Pinkie began to run through the crowd, rushing forward to get to the stand as quickly as possible, hoping that she would be the first to get there.



But as soon as she got closer-



BAM!



She found herself in the top of a yellow-coated pegasus.


Fluttershy struggled to get through the huge crowd of ponies that crossed her path. She hated crowded places, and she hated stumbling across other ponies, so going through the market was like walking on a nightmare.



'Great. Just great.' she nervously thought. 'Of all the days I could forget to buy Angel's food, it just had to be today? How could I forget such thing? How?'



It took some time, but she finally managed to find a clear, empty spot to stand peacefully. She started to breathe in and out, hoping that her anxiety attack would pass quickly. After a few breaths, she took a shopping list out of her saddlebag, wondering what to buy next.



She sighed in relief. She already got the lettuce. All she needed was some grains and carrots.



She looked around, only to find the carrot stand completely empty.



"Thank Celestia!" she prayed. "I can't stand being around this mess anymore..."



Fluttershy began to run through the crowd, rushing forward to get to the stand as quickly as possible, hoping that she would be the first to get there.



But as soon as she got closer-



BAM!



She found herself underneath a pink-coated earth pony.