• Published 2nd Nov 2015
  • 353 Views, 11 Comments

Princess of Peace - Day Shine



the rise of a new enemy requires the birth of a new hero.

  • ...
 11
 353

New Arrival (Fixed)

Chapter 1: New Arrival

A mass of blinding light engulfs a set of eyes, as the black slowly seeps form the edges signaling with it deaths embrace. In front of the light stands the silhouette of a small pony and the silhouette of a large beast behind the light attempting to shield its eyes form it. The sight is obscured by the sudden stretch of the image, forming a tunnel as if the one seeing it were being dragged away at an incredible speed.

A pair of eyes burst open in a darkened room; they slowly look one way and then the other. “Almost…” the voice spoke.

..........................................................................................................................................................


Spike races as fast as his legs will let him into the cantorlot library and up the stairs, he turns the corner and slams into twilight sparkle.

“Spike, why are you running in the library?” Twilight asks, displaying an annoyed tone.

Spike and twilight stand up dusting off when spike remembers why he was running to find her.

“Cadence, Cadence’s baby is-” Before he could say anymore he was cut of by Twilights hoof in extending in front of him.

Twilight smirked, “let me guess the baby kicked again and you were so excited that you just had to tell me about it for the thousandth time.”

She said, pulling away her hoof.

“No, it’s coming. Cadence has gone into labor! ” he shouts, throwing his hands in the air.

Twilight chuckles as she pulls out a piece of paper with the word schedule on it. she looks over the paper with care as she consoles him. “Oh spike, Cadences baby isn’t due till next Tuesday, see I have it right here on my schedule from 2:30 to 3:00” she said, pointing to the dated time on her schedule.

Twilight looks at spike as his face slowly went from exhausted joy to disbelieving irritation. Twilight’s smile went from one of rightfulness to nervously waiting for him to admit to being wrong.

“Seriously twilight?” the dragon ask, brow raised and arms crossed.

Twilight threw back her head with a massive frown on her face before bursting out of the library in a full gallop with spike right on her tail trying to keep up. Twilight lifts him on her back with her magic as she runs through the open door, she slides trying to spin round as she catches rainbow dash flying past her.

“Rainbow dash!” she cries.

Rainbow comes to a halt at the sound of her name spotting Twilight. She glides down to Twilight while sitting just off the ground.

“What’s with the shouting?” rainbow asks.

Twilight shuffles in place looking at Rainbow Dash. “Cadence. Baby. Coming now. Got to tell others!”

“WHAT!” Rainbow gasp out. “okay, you go get Rarity and Fluttershy, I’ll go tell AJ and Pinkie.”

Rainbow takes off into the air as Twilight and Spike poof into a teleportation spell popping up next to Fluttershy at the royal garden. The yellow Pegasus was singing with the birds in the garden when she hears the sound of Twilights teleport spell. She turns to Twilight, “oh hello

twili-eeep”

“No time, Cadence, baby, hospital now.” Twilight tells her.

Fluttershy is taken aback, “what?”

Spike sighs, “Cadence has gone into labor and we need to get to the hospital ASAP.”

“Oh my goodness, do I need to do anything?” Fluttershy inquired.

“Just get to the hospital,” Twilight say, before teleporting away.

Rarity was busy getting ready for a fashion shot at the studio of hoity toity when a sudden light engulfs the area around her.

“What is Equestria is going on here,” she says, upsettingly as her consecration broke. “Twilight?”

Twilight moved her hooves in an antsy fashion unresponsive and nervous way. Rarity tries to get her attention twice before turning to Spike with a smile.

“Oh, Spikey Wikey,” She says kindly “What’s going on?”

Spike answers with hearts in his eyes, “Cadence is having the baby and we need to get to the hospital.”

“WHAT! NOW! Oh dear, this is such terrible timing,” She complains.

Rarity’s assigned assistant walks up to tell her she was going on in a few minutes as rarity scattered to gather her things.

“Oh dear, umm, Okay. Okay,” She looks at Spike. “Oh Spike would you mind watching my set.”

“Okay,” He says instantly.

After quickly informing her assistant she and Twilight rushed off toward the hospital. Rainbow flew through the sky as she franticly searched for AppleJack, within moments of spotting her at a stand at the center of a park. She dives down and lands beside her.

“AJ we got-”

“Excuse me there’s a line,” an annoyed pony costumer says, interrupting her.

AppleJack looks at him and turns to Rainbow, “what’s the rush sugar cube?”

"The baby is coming we got to go, pronto,” she yells.

AppleJack quickly writes up a sign with the words stand closed and Rainbow quickly stuffs it in the ground behind the last customer.

“I’ll be there soon, just let me finish with these last costumers.” Applejack responds.

Rainbow nods “right, I’ll go get pinkie and be there soon.”

She blast off into the sky flying as fast as she can as she tries to remember where Pinkie is. As the thought comes to her she whacks a poll and falls to the ground. A stallion in a clown get-up rushes over.

“Oh gosh are you okay?” He ask concernedly.

“Yeah, fine.” She answers standing up.

“I just came from a canceled party and saw your crash.” he explains.

“YeaH well thanks but I’m in a hurry.” She blurts, taking off into the sky.

She bolts off as the clown pony stands there feeling useless. After a minute Rainbow finds Pinkie at the party she was entertaining. She lands by Pinkie causing an explosion of cheer from the young ponies. One filly looks at the blue pegasus with wide eyes before bursting into a cheer followed by the rest of the young ponies.

“Hey Rainbow, what’s up? Why are you here? Are you here to watch the show? Gummy is about to do his awesome stand-up routine.”

Gummy blinks his eyes separately before snapping at a balloon.

“Okay, not asking.” Rainbow says, looking at Gummy before turning back to Pinkie,“The baby is coming and we got to be there for Cadence so come on.”

Pinkie gasps loudly, “That’s great, I’m so excited to meet him, and I bet she will be the most adorable thing EVER.” She pauses and calms down before going full realization, “Wait, I’m working, I can’t leave now.”

Rainbow looks at Pinkie, the kids and the mother of the birthday filly and bolts into the air. She flies back to the street where she had met the clown pony who was sitting on a bench eating a chocolate donut. She drops down beside him.

“Oh, hey there,” He says smiling a bit.

“Hey. What’s your name?” she asks.

“Hay Shot, But my stage name is Clowns-A-Lot,” he explains.

“You want a job,” She blurts out.

“Yeah!” he says excitingly.

Rainbow grabs him bolting back to the party and landing in front of the mother of the young pony.

“This is Hay Shot, he’s a party clown, and he’s going to take over because we have an emergency.” She quickly explains, grabbing pinkie and firing off once again.

The stallion looks around at the fillies and pulls out a balloon, “who wants a balloon pony?” all the kids cheer as he begins blowing up the first balloon.

Rainbow flies as fast as she can to the hospital while Pinkie has the time of her life yelling wee and woo as they soar through the air.

They make it to the hospital and enter the main doors to see everyone at the main desk.

“For the fifth time, nobody enters the birthing room once the procedure has started,” The desk mare states firmly.

“But I’m supposed to be in there with her.” She says sternly.

The mare looks at them “As I am aware her husband is in there with her. You may wait in the waiting room like everyone else, but you’re not going in the room right now.”

Twilight smirks, “I don’t think you understand, I’m Princess Twilight Sparkle, Protégé of Princess Celestia, sister to the Captain of the Royal Guard, and Sister-In-Law to Princess Cadence who is having a baby as we speak.”

The mare perks up with a smile, “Princess Twilight, I had no idea.” The mare behind the desk goes back into a slough “You’re still going to wait like everyone else.”

Twilight groaned loudly and walks off toward the waiting room. Time goes by slowly as AppleJack and Rainbow pace the room, Rarity files her hooves while Pinkie plays tick tack toe against herself, and Twilight slumps in a chair, watching the clock as she exhales loudly every few seconds.

AppleJack looks over, “Will ya’ knock that off, it ain't going to make time go no quicker.”

“Well I should be in there with her, not out here waiting without knowing what’s going on!” Twilight exclaims.

“Well I know this ain't easy but I'm sure sure Shining Armor is in there with her Cadence right now, being as helpful as he can,” Applejack tell her. “The thing I don't get is why you used your title like that Twi, y'all should be ashamed of yourself, trying to use your title to get what you want."

Rarity chimes in, “I have to agree with applejack darling. That was not okay.”

Twilight sighs heavily as Spike walks in.

“Hey what did I miss?”

“Nothing. Just waiting.” Twilight scoffs

“What’s wrong with her?” he asks.

“She didn’t get her way and now she’s throwing a hissy fit,” Rarity explains inspecting her hoof.

Spike sits by rarity. “By the way, since you weren’t there your assistant modeled your dresses and you got this as a reward,” He says, pulling out a piece of paper.

“This is an invitation to a fashion expo in Manehattan,” She explains with glee.

She wraps spike in a hug thanking him, making him blush. He waves it off as nothing and sits back to wait with the others.

“The baby couldn’t have waited one more week.” Twilight blurts out. “I had everything planned perfectly, but no, the baby had to do it's own thing! Off schedule. Now what am I going to do from 2:30 to 3:00 on Tuesday.”

Rainbow raised a brow with a grin, “you could, you know, go outside and talk to ponies.”

“Oh ha ha, I have that scheduled for 9:45 to 11:15. Doing the same thing twice in one day isn’t exactly putting variety in it. I don’t even have a book to read. I left them all back at home.”

Time ticked by and both Rainbow Dash and Spike fell asleep. After another hour of waiting the doors swung open as Shining Armor walked in, Spike and Rainbow jumped awake wonderingif they'd missed something.

“It’s a girl.” Shining happily proclaimed.

Twilight beams and bounces around her brother excitingly, happy to be an aunt while the others express their congratulations.

“So what’s her name.” Fluttershy asks.

Shining looks at Twilight with a smile. “Star Shine” he says, wrapping his sister in a hug. “Do you want to see her?”

Shining armor walks the mane six down the hall to the baby room; all the girls go crazy looking at all the adorable newborns as Shining Armor points out the little unicorn in the third bed of the front row.

“She’s beautiful. Simply marvels.” Rarity complements.

Twilight stops a passing nurse,“Excuse me, can we hold her?”

“No,” the nurse says stern but kindly. “its rest time for the little ones, perhaps later.”

Twilight scowls to the oblivious nurse as she walks away, Twilight sets her front hooves on the glass and looks at her niece. The sound of Pinkie's stomach echoes out.

“I’m hungry.”

Rainbow agrees, “I believe it be a good idea for us all to get something to eat.”

Everyone trades agreements and walks away to find the cafeteria. Spike stops looking back and sees Twilight still looking at the baby.

“Twilight, are you coming?” spike ask, turning around.

“Huh? Yeah, I’ll catch up.” She says, as she walks down the hall and around the corner.

Spike follows her knowing she was up to something; she turns the corner and stops in front of the door to the nursery. She looks around and begins using her magic on the door.

“What are you doing?” Spike asks.

Twilight concentrates while speaking hushly, “what does it look like. I’m picking the lock.”

“Why?” Spike asks, clearly annoyed.

“Because, I didn’t get to be in the room as she was born, but I am going to hold my niece.” She answers, in a whispered huff.

“And you’re picking the lock, why?” he asked, whispering.

“Well I can’t use my teleporting spell, I’d wake up all the babies and they’d cry and that would be bad.” She says, whispering still.

“What if somepony sees? They’ll make you leave,” Spike warns her again.

“I don’t care, I’m holding my niece,” She scoffs.

“Twilight, wait,” He warns, shaking her foreleg.

“What?” she says, without looking.

Spike points to the nurse. “I’ll distract her for you, but it’ll have to be convincing.” He says, pondering. “step on my claw.”

“What!” twilight gasps, trying to remain at a whisper.

“Step on my claw.” He repeats. “I’ll tell her I hurt it, giving you time to get in the nursery.”

Twilight stops with the door a moment and gives her dragon friend a hug, happy tears in her eyes. They pull away and Spike places his clawed hand on the ground, Twilight shuts her eyes tight as Spike does the same and she smacks her hoof down on his claw causing him to whimper a bit. He shakes his claw a minute and quickly walks up to the nurse.

Twilight watches as the nurse leads him away and goes back to work on the door. Finally the lock clicks and she opens the now unlocked door victoriously. She quietly walks through the nursery and up to the small cattle with a name plat that read Star Shine. She looked at the sleeping unicorn with bright a white coat and a pink mane with a single strip of blue. She covered her mussel with a hoof before reaching in and gently picking up the small filly as to not wake her.

Tears of happiness roll down her cheeks, “hi star shine; I’m your aunt twilight.”

She watched as the little foal stirred and snuggled into her arm. Twilight catches the sight of a doctor pony beside her slightly startled.

“If you wanted to hold her that badly you could have just asked,” He said, cheerfully. “You know, I’ve caught plenty of unicorns trying to get into the nursery to hold their new little ones, you’re the first to succeed.” His expression goes from joyful to stern, “However I’m now going to have to ask you to put the baby down and leave the nursery.

Twilight puts her down and walks out with the doctor who closes and relocks the door.




3 days later



It’s late in the evening as Twilight goes to check on a crying Star Shine.

Twilight wipes sleep form her eye walking over to the small crib, “Hey. What’s wrong?” she picks up the baby while levitating a book, babies 101.

“Twilight?” Shining Armor yawns.

“I got her,” She replies.

Shining decides to not to disagree with her and goes back to bed. Twilight turns back to the baby. Spike walks in looking tired with bags under his eyes.

“You know, I’m not complaining, but when do we go back to Ponyville?” he says, trying to not fall asleep.

Twilight grins looking at the baby, “two more days.”

“Need any help?” he asked, fighting his tired eyes.

“No, thank you though,” She answers.

Spike walks out yawning telling Twilight goodnight as she puts the baby back to bed after calming her down. She walks over to the couch lying down to wait for the next fit of crying while reading the baby book.

..............................................................................................................................................................

“Soon, there is still a chance. We will be ready,” A voice says, the words echoing through the empty space of a large mansion. His mansion was dimly lit by the light of the moon. The only thing illuminated by the light is a scaly tail like a snake. The tail end taps lightly against the ground as the shadowed figure looks out into the night sky. They then turn; a grey fury arm is caught in the light with a trail of scales going down the length of the arm. The paw raises up, the scales shining in the moonlight, “let’s hope this time is different.”




5 years later



The train to cantorlot pulls up to the train station as an eager young star shine waits barley patiently with her mother.

“Mommy, why hasn’t the train let them out yet?” She says.

Cadence smiles down at her, “Well it just stopped you have to give it a minute before the door opens.”

Star dives under her mother’s legs as the speaker rings out a screech and then a voice announces the new arrivals and asks everyone to please stand behind the yellow line. The doors open and ponies flood the area while cadence looks for the ones she’s waiting for. Finally the last ponies out are three mares twilight sparkle, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.

“What is up, Cantorlot?!” Rainbow Dash declares, happily sporting a Wonderbolts major jacket.

The guard ponies salute as she salutes back.

“Cadence, darling, where has the time gone, it’s been ages since we saw each other,” Rarity declared happily. “Where’s that adorable little Star Shine?”

Cadence points to the filly hiding between her hooves.

Twilight walks up chuckling, “You got scared by the intercom again didn’t you.”

“Maybe,” She says, sheepishly

Rarity and rainbow look at each other before losing it and laughing aloud. Twilight shoots them a look and rarity tries to pretend she didn’t do anything while rainbow dash lay on the ground holding her sides

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, but this is just too funny. She’s more timid than fluttershy and she was scared of her own shadow,” Rainbow says, laughing and fighting to breath.

The little filly runs out and hits her in the side with both front hooves calling her mean and getting a huff from rainbow dash before she scoops her up in her hooves and gives her a nuggie.

“HAHA! This is what you get for attacking a major of the Wonderbolts,” She says, ruffling her hoof threw the filly’s mane.

The little filly breaks away and runs to her aunt. Twilight rolls her eyes at Rainbow as Rarity fixes Star's mane. Rainbow rolls onto her side and stands up. As the last of the ponies getting on the train load on a voice calls out asking others to move and let her through so she could get off the train. The voice comes into sight as they trip over the door guard. Sunset shimmer stands up with an angry frown.

“Really, none of you thought to wake me up. I almost got a free trip to Manehattan,” She says, with a huff.

Rarity covers her mouth in shock, “oh goodness, I’m sorry dear. It’s so rare that you visit that it simply slipped our minds.”

Sunset cracks her neck, “whatever, it’s cool.” She looks at the little filly that hides her face in twilights foreleg, “Hello there, I’m Sunset Shimmer.”

She stands there looking at the filly as her smile slowly morphed to a frown as she hides her face not answering Sunset's greeting.

Cadence breaks the silence, “well I believe it’s time we get going.”

The six mares and two guards walk away as the train starts moving. They climb into a wagon, once the door closes the wagon pony trots off down the road toward the castle.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

“Welcome Princess Twilight, Major Dash, and Rarity,” Celestia greets, bowing as the mares make their way out of the wagon and bow in respect.

Sunset is last out of the wagon and walks in front of every pony; she looks up at Princess Celestia and bows.

Celestia smiles, “I am pleased that you could make time to see us given your busy schedule.”

“It-it’s no trouble at all.” She replies, slightly worried.

Celestia notices the worried look on Sunset's face as she grins with an idea.

“Twilight, why don’t you and the others go in and help Pinkie finish decorating the ball room I know she would be happy to see you. Sunset himmer, would you accompany me to the study. I believe this would be a good chance to talk.”

“Of course” She replies, instantly.

Celestia and Sunset walk off toward the door, Celestia turns toward the others giggling.“Oh, how exciting to see Sunset again. I almost forgot. There is a very special guest arriving shortly.”

Every pony looks at each other confused.

“Who?” Twilight asked.

“Well he’s hard to describe but, he’s large, carries a long staff with him, and your first instinct would likely be to attack him. Please refrain
from doing so though. He hasn’t been seen for several, several years.”

Every pony again looks confusingly as Celestia smiles at her own joke.

“Yes, Princess,” Twilight says before bowing.

Celestia and Sunset leave the others at the door as they make their way inside.

Author's Note: