• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 1,206 Views, 39 Comments

Lighting Can Strike Twice - Lightning_Colt



Lighting is just an ordinary pegasus from Hoofington At least that's what he thinks he is

  • ...
5
 39
 1,206

Chapter 12: The Party

I laid sprawled on the floor with the large pink mass still pinning me down, but as my eyes focused I saw the familiar light blue eyes of Pinkie Pie.
“Sowhatdoyouthink? Youlikeit? Iplannedthispartyespeciallyforyou! A‘welcometoPonvyville, Lightning’party!” Pinkie babbled.

“Wha- er yeah, thanks.” I replied “Oh and Pinkie…” I continued.

“Yeah”? She asked her face puzzled.

“Could you get off me please?” I asked trying to push against her pin.

“Oh sorry” she said as she took her hooves off my chest. I tried to right myself with little success.

“Little help?” I asked and Rainbow swooped over and together with Fluttershy they flipped me the right way up and slowly let me down on my feet. I looked around the large main room, it was full of ponies talking, drinking, and eating party nibbles. “Thanks for the party pinkie, guys can I have some help getting somewhere to sit?” I asked, looking for a chair or large cushion. The girls brought me to a brown, low back couch right next to the snack table. With my good leg, I grabbed a cupcake with fluorescent blue icing. I bit into it and was surprised from the explosions of flavours. The cake was the fluffiest, sweetest and most delectable cake I’ve ever tasted. And the icing was laced with blueberries. “Hmm blueberries, my favourite” I commented, smiling.

Pinkie Pie returned a smile to me “Thank you Lightning, I just new you had a thing for blueberries, everyone does.” Twilight ambled past the couch and noticed Fluttershy, Rainbow and Pinkie huddled around me.
“Lightning! There you are! Where have you been? This is that second time you’ve been a lot longer than you should’ve been.” She scolded. She looked down as she saw Rainbow put a box with a cushion on underneath my splinted leg. “And how did that happen?!” She demanded, pointing a hoof at my leg.

“Well, I went off to see Applejack, like you suggested; when I was there she denied all knowledge of telling you that she was looking for farm hands. And then she bucked my leg into oblivion when she literally kicked me off her land” I finished. Rainbow’s and Twilight’s jaws were hanging in shock.

“Applejack?” Twilight asked. “Hardworking, honest Applejack?” She looked at me puzzled. “She wouldn’t do anything like that. It’s not in her nature”.

“Well it was today.” I replied grumpily.
An awkward silence hung around the group for several minutes before Applejack wandered into the group “Hey ya’ll what’s goin’ on?” she said immediately pursing her lips when she finished the sentence. She was still the dull orange when she kicked me. Her eyes were darting around trying to avoid locking onto anyone else’s.
“Applejack! Did you do this to Lightning?” Rainbow demanded. Applejack leaning back slightly from the pegasus’ accusations.

“Ah didn’t kick nobody”. She protested “Ah’ve been at the orchards, bucking all afternoon.” With this new lie; the other four mares looked at me suspiciously

“What?” I Questioned.

“Now Lightning, we’re not saying you’re lying, but maybe you fell down the stairs or something?” inquired Twilight.

“No…” I said plainly, “Applejack bucked me”.

“Now lookie here Lahghtnin’, Ah din’t buck nobody” she protested. I was sensing the group was become more agitated with me as they stared at me with disapproval in their eyes.

Pinkie looked around the other mares and her face broke out into a smile. “Whoa guys” she grinned. “Let’s not waste this awesome party!” she said wrapping forelegs around them and pulling them off away from the area.
“Well that sucked” I muttered to myself. I reached over to the table next to me and grabbed a mug of something yellow bubbling. I sniffed the suspicious liquid, wondering what it was.
“I didn’t know you liked cider” spoke an elegant voice as the owner sat down beside me.

“Oh, hey Rarity, wait this is cider?” I asked her looking at her in her grey-blue eyes. She nodded and I looked back at my beverage. I tipped my head back and gulped down the entire mug-full. My taste buds exploded with delight at the taste. The apple drink was sweet with a hint of cinnamon. The bubbles tickled my tongue as they popped. I reached over to the table and grabbed a mug of cider and offered it up to Rarity. She looked at the cup and became flustered, “Oh, no darling. I don’t like cider that much, I only really drink it when Applejack offers it. I prefer to drink wine” she said pushing the cup away. I shrugged in acceptance and gulped down the cup, my head starting to feel funny, but it didn’t feel bad.
“Are you okay my dear?” Rarity asked, pointing at my splinted leg.

“Oh, I, err, fell… down some stairs” I said embarrassingly.

Rarity gasped and grabbed the splint tightly, “Oh my! Does it hurt?” my leg exploded with pain as she pulled in in and hugged it. My eyes were almost tearing up as I managed to mumble out “a lot”. Rarity heard what I said and released her vice-like grip of my leg. I looked at Rarity and noticed something strange. She was faded grey kind of like Applejack but actually grey.
“Hey Rarity, are you okay?” I asked. She looked at me with confusion.

“Why?” she asked.

“Well, I just thought you looked a little… pale” I replied.

“Well, now that you mention it I really want something”. She replied leaning in to me.

“What’s that?” I asked having no idea why she’s leaning on me. She brought her head close to mine. She gently blew into my ear, tickling it and making me feel weird. She then whispered in my ear, “you”. In my mind, the penny dropped. I could feel my cheeks flushing and sprang to my feet standing near the couch. Rarity slumped on the sofa with; she reacted and leant on one leg seductively. “What’s the matter Lightning?” she asked in a light, amorous voice adding to the seduction.
“err nothing, err look there” I shouted pointing behind her. She looked around to see what I was pointing at. With the distraction I hobbled away, through the myriad of ponies. I looked around the party for someone to talk to. I looked behind me to see if Rarity was following me but suddenly bumped into somepony. I looked around and saw that the pony was the brown one I met when I was last in Ponyville.
“Hello Lightning!” he exclaimed. He looked at me and smiled as though he knows me.

“Hey, err, Doctor” I said, only just remembering his weird name. “What’re you doing here?” I asked.

“Oh, well, I’m Twilight’s plus one” he defended. “Plus making sure that the Cyberponies don’t gate-crash.”

“What the heck are those?”

“Oh, only cybernetic beings with no emotions that have intents on dominating the universe by assimilating all beings into the
same design.” He said care free.

“Oh, well, you have fun with your imaginary friends, I need to find Twilight.” I said starting to edge away from him.

“she’s gone to her room, apparently she’s conflicted.”

“Yeah she’s not the only one.” I said to myself as I waded through the ponies towards a small round door labelled ‘Twilight Sparkle’. I pushed it open and swung my head around the door. The whole room was completely dark, apart from the beam of light that the open door made.

“Twilight?” I asked the darkness.

In the darkness I saw a small purple aura glow and candles dotted around the room flickered into life. The room came into focus and revealed that the walls were covered in more bookshelves but with a large nook in the opposite side of the room which looked like a bedroom. I wandered through the dim light towards a small set of stairs that led up to the nook. The stairs looked like they were carved out of the actual tree, and smooth, as if they have been used for many years. At the top there was a wooden carved bed, with purple sheets with stars on. Opposite the bed was a small dressing table with brushes and hair clips on. In between the bed and the table was a small pet basket on a purple, oval rug. I walked around the bed and saw Twilight hugging a pillow and a sad look on her face.

“Hey what’s up?” I asked as I hobbled over to her and lay down opposite her.

“I’m just so confused, I’ve known Applejack for several years now and I completely trust her to tell the truth, we’re best friends. But you’re my friend too, I trust you as well but I don’t know what to believe. Whether Applejack kicked you or not.” She said tears slowly gathering in her eyes. I placed a hoof under her chin and lifted her face so we were looking into each others eyes.

“Twilight, it doesn’t matter to me who you believe, I think you should choose whoever make you happiest. You have had an amazing life, I don’t think something trivial as ‘did somepony kick somepony’ should ruin it. ” She stood up and rubbed her eyes, it was kind of adorable in a way.

“Thanks Lightning.” She mumbled as we came in for a hug. We hugged for a few seconds before we broke off.

“Come on, we don’t want to waste the party that Pinkie planned.” Twilight said.

“Sure let’s go” I said smiling, as we walked through the door, to the rest of the party.