• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 1,083 Views, 7 Comments

A Forgotten Past Coming Back into Equestria. - Neutral Boy



Edward Frost was 18 years old and had no memories of being in Equestria 8 years ago. His average life has been a bit bad in high school till something came into his world that offers him a chance of peace. Will Edward accept the offer or not?

  • ...
22
 7
 1,083

Chapter 2 Making new friends...can't turn back?

June 5th 2011, 10:00 am.

It's been some time since Edward entered a portal from Discord to go to a new world somewhere that is probably a dream or an alternate world of Earth. Either way Edward has had some hard times in his life. Losing his father, hadn't got a lot of happiness, got into some fights sometimes, getting comfort from his family even though it's hard not to feel a lot of everything, and a lost memory long ago.

If there is some way for him to remember you have to go back to where you were from 8 years ago. Now that he is in big trouble leaving his family behind and hiding from the cops, he'll have to find out what exactly is going on here and the strange token too.

"Something troubling with you Edward?" Discord said turning upside down to his face.

"Eh well just thinking about my family back on Earth." Edward said feeling a bit down.

"I'm sure that they will be alright while you are gone somewhere." Discord said trying not to feel bad for him.

"I sure hope so and what about your family Discord? You miss them or something?" Edward said raising an eyebrow.

"Hmmm well I don't have any memory of them since Celestia and Luna turned me into stone about 1000 years ago. Back then it must of made me go insane or something." Discord said trying not to remember every detail.

That made Edward a bit terrified of hearing about being turned to stone for a 1000 years of not seeing his family. That made one thing clear to him and that's never go over board on anyone's bad side cause it could get ugly all of a sudden.

"Dang remind me not to go on their bad side Discord." Edward said covering up his hands in his pockets.

"You'd be surprised if that were to happen to you in a pile of corpses." Discord said with an evil laugh.

"Wooooow harsh coming from you with a freaking multiple animal parts." Edward said with a fake smile.

"You really are a funny aren't you HAHAHAHAHAH! It brings back memories of total chaos. Not that it was actually fun for playing around Celestia and Luna that much." Discord said trying to control himself of laughter.

"Yeah well you gotta get used to life like that if you don't want to have everything miserable." Edward said being honest.

Discord looked at Edward very unusual to him and will remember of what he said. At some point for Edward still waiting to be somewhere else he couldn't help, but notice that there was something strange that past by him for some reason unsure of.

"So uhhhhhh how much longer till I enter uh what's it called?" Edward said scratching his chin and head.

"About a few minutes more and you are going into Equus otherwise known as Equestria. As you enter this place I will go back to my stone body and you will have to find some friends to help you out. I'm sure that they will help you out or go on a raging mob on you." Discord said chuckling his laughter.

"Oooookay then so what am I supposed to do then?" Edward said thinking about what to do.

"I don't know my boy you will have to figure that out yourself once the game is going to start. Good luck Edward and I hope that you will enjoy your life here and be careful of what goes on in your memories!" Discord said laughing after disappearing.

'What did Discord mean about the game starting? Oh well time to make friends somehow.' Edward thought to himself.

As the portal opened in Equestria near the Everfree Forest, Edward had now stepped into a new land. It was very peaceful the he had no idea about at this point. His reaction in awe to see that everything around him was not his home anymore like he stepped forth to a fairy tale land and to see there is some ponies in a town living happy in their lives.

"Hmmm I never encountered a lot of horses or ponies to be so energetic. Maybe it's the sugar rushing inside these ponies, but this seemed so familiar...l-like I've been here before. Well gotta stay low for a while." Edward said shaking his mind off.

30 minutes later.

When he found a hiding place near a cottage, he notices there was something in his bag that tells him to open it. All he found was a pony doll, tasty apple, recipe for a cupcake, few gems, cool goggles with tickets to a flying game, and some meds for animals.

'I never put these things in my bag. Was it Discord or someone else?' Edward thought trying to put the pieces together.

After thinking it over, he shrugged it off to think about it at another time. When passing by the forest, he hears something crying in the distance near a house with animals outside all seem to be not feeling so good like everything is not happy today. After checking on the animals, he hears another cry coming from the house. He knocks on the door gently not scaring anyone inside.

"U-um hello is anybody home? I'm here to see if there is anything to help you with if that's alright." Edward said shaking a little.

When something was coming down the stairs, there was something that was opening the door slowly and it was seeing Edward that was so tall. It let out an"Eep!" as it shut the door on him.

"Oooookay that was really weird." He said just standing there in silent as he continued. "Look um I'm really sorry if my appearance seemed to scare you and I'm not here to hurt any animal or anything. Can you at least have some talk to see what's wrong?"

A few minutes had passed for sometime and no response. Before he was going to walking away, there was a door opening slowly and a pony was coming out of the house.

Edward was a bit shocked in his mind to see a pony that was shy and adorable with a yellow body and has beautiful pink hair the same as the tail behind it. He had to shake his head not to feel anything dirty crossing the line.

"H-hello there um well this seemed awkward for uh you and me so let's start over. My name is Edward Frost and I'm not from around here or anywhere. What is uh your name?" He said trying to be cool and not scare the pony.

"M-my name...i-is um...F-Fluttershy s-sir." Fluttershy whispered hiding her eyes and tears from him.

"Hum Fluttershy that's a nice name. Never knew that there was a talking pony for the first time ever in my whole life. So uh what seems to be the problem miss Fluttershy?" He said being polite to her.

"J-just Fluttershy um E-Edward sir. You see um my animals are not acting happy and so is my bunny Angel here. They all of a sudden were not feeling good a few days ago and I tried everything to help them feel better." Fluttershy said with more tears hanging.

When Edward slowly came into the house there was animal that felt the same way the others had outside the house. It's like something had bitten them all of a sudden to him. He checked the bunny named Angel and there was some unknown fever.

"So has every other animals felt like this the same way also?" He said to her in confusion.

"W-well yes and I am telling the truth. Can't you do something to help out my animals cause I don't know what to do exactly. It's like they don't want any help from me and I-I didn't do anything to them." Fluttershy said still crying with tears.

"Maybe there might be a way. Get some glass of water and come right back here." He said with a smile nodding his head.

A minute had passed when Futtershy heard from Edward saying that to her. She nodded her head and when into the kitchen to get some water thinking that she can trust him. While he was check on the other animals.

'What could have done this to the animals when they ignored for her help?' He thought of when getting the pills from his bag. These should actually help with them if they are in serious pain or something.

"Here you go Edward. I got the water like you've asked me to." She said while backing a bit away from him.

"It's okay Fluttershy you don't have to be afraid of me. Heck I'm always afraid of something that just scares me for some reason I don't know of and to hear a talking pony." Edward said a bit embarrassedof what he said to her.

As he was breaking some pills up for the animals, he gave each one a part of every pills and giving them some water to see if want to accept them or not. Surprisingly they did and Fluttershy was moving her hair away and eyes wide open that the animals were really taking a liking to Edward even though he was so tall to them and a bit scary.

"Okay well that should be every other animal Fluttershy. Let's wait for an hour or two or so to see how the progress is progressing when they feel better. Mind if I sleep on the couch for a bit cause I'm just a bit tired here." He said when yawning and stretching.

"O-oh um...it's okay to me and u-um thank you for helping with my animals." She said hiding her blush with a squeak.

"Eh no problem at all. Just happy to help out." He said while going to sleep.

An hour and a half had passed.

"Wooooow I was really that tired coming over here." He said stretching up his body while getting.

When he was getting up from the couch and going to the bathroom, he notices that the bunny was following him. While washing up into the bathroom in a few minutes he can't help, but wonder what the pills were exactly giving them to the animals.

'It looks like those pills were actually taking the effect to every animal that swallowed it.' he thought still washing up.

As he got his cloths on while brushing his teeth, there was a knock coming from the other side of the bathroom door. That must be from Fluttershy trying to tell him something as he opened it.

"Hey Fluttershy how's it go-" he was interrupted when she all of a sudden hugged him on his stomach.

"Thank you thank you thank you Edward for helping my animals! They are feeling better now!" She said smiling with tears.

"Hey hey hey take it easy Fluttershy. We only met about two hours ago." He said hiding his blush from her.

After minutes had passed by she was able to calm down and off of him to tell him what happened to her animal from those pills.

"So I guess every other animals are doing fine now?" He said while eating some lunch in the kitchen.

"Yes they really are now. Even Angel here is feeling better and the birds are singing well." She said feeling really happy.

"That's really good to hear. Well um thanks for the lunch here and give these pills to the animals if they are acting funny again. Okay well I gotta head out now and thanks again for keeping watch with me." He said before heading out to another location.

"O-Oh um are you not going to stay her for a little while longer?" She said trying to stop him grabbing his arm with her hooves.

Edward was a bit shocked that no girl has stopped him from walking out and to tell him something.

"W-Well um I appreciate you to thank me, but your animals still needs you here and I don't want to be a bother to you while you are taking care of them. I'll come back some other time to check up on you." He said trying not to stare at her gorgeous eyes.

"O-Okay then j-just come back when you are tired again." She said blushing while letting go and hiding her eyes.

Edward nodded to her and headed out to go to a nearby town a little bit away. Fluttershy waved at him while going to check up on her animals. She was still thinking that he was really kind to them and had no hatred in him. She was still blushing about the way he is to her and that she was a bit confused about these pills like remembering something years ago. When she was going to ask him something before heading out, he was already gone.

While heading out to another sighting of scenery, he had his eyes opened wide to see a lot of trees with apples near a farm land that is just a little farther away from him. Now that looks like a good land to work with and help out.

'That looks like a lot of work to do ta get every apples for a year or so.' He thought while heading down the path.

There was a lot of apples that look delicious to him and that it will help him not get hungry a lot. Before getting an apple out of a tree there was some rope all of a sudden grabbed his hands as he fell hard on the ground.

"Ain't no pony is steal'in ma'h apples here!" The pony said with anger to Edward.

"Uh sorry about that. It's just these apple looked delicious and I really really want one!" He said with a whimpering face.

He was really hungry since traveling to another land and having no idea of what to do in Equestria.

"Well alright'y then ya can have a couple of ma'h apples here, but I got ma'h eye on ya." The pony said untied the ropes.

15 minutes had passed.

"Thank you very much and my name is Edward Frost." He said shaking his hand to the pony's hoof.

"Howdy there fella the names Applejack! This here land is called Sweet Apple Acres!" She said tipping her hat to him.

"Hum nice name and this land. So are you the only one here working?" He said scratching his head.

"Well uh not exactly. Ma'h sister is in school now, Big Mac is getting some apples on the other side of the fields, and Granny Smith is getting some apple pies and dinner ready while were all done." She said while watching him walk strangely.

"That's actually pretty cool and you really are working to harvest some apples?" He said stretching his arms out.

"Well ya can say that and what are you exactly? Never seen any pony like this before like...ever." She said looking at him.

"I'm not a pony or anything. I'm just a normal human being from another world." he said while watching the sky above.

Before Applejack was gonna say anything else, Edward hears a strange wind that was coming his way for some reason behind him. While trying to hear what it sounds like, he bent over to the ground while tying his shoes and hears something hit a tree. There was a pony that hit a tree that was trying to tackle Edward behind him and that it missed.

"RAINBOW DASH! What in tar'nation is the matter with you tackling everything?!" Applejack shouted with him being shocked.

"Eh sorry about that Applejack. I was trying to protect you from this thing." Dash said getting her eyes straight.

"Sorry about that Edward. Rainbow Dash always try to protect her friends from anything that isn't around Equestria while we all have ta go and save the world and all hee heh." Applejack said with a squeak.

"Ooooookay then well uh my name is Edward Frost and that is some excellent wings and hair on you." He said while smiling.

"My name is Rainbow Dash and don't try to flatted me with you word! What are you exactly? I've never seen anything like you before and no pony has either. Are you a spy or something in order to take over Ponyville and Canterlot in Equestria cause that ain't gonna ever happen if you try anything funny!" Dash said getting an angry face at him.

Edward was a little disturbed by a pony that was really going to fight him at some point when he let out a sigh.

"Listen ya little Tinker Bell I am not in the mood to have a fight here. I don't really know about this whole Ponyville, Canterlot, or this place called Equestria here. If you ever tried to think that I am an enemy again or try to pick a fight with me at some point, that will be your last mistake you'll ever get once your in a hospital for a long looooooong tiiiiiiiiiime." He said giving her an angry ready look.

"Alright alright break it up you two. Don't wanna have a fight on ma'h land here." Applejack said getting her rope ready.

"Okay then Applejack so where do you hold apples at exactly?" He said when changed his mood back to normal.

While those were still talking, Rainbow Dash was a bit jaw dropped thinking of how he was mad and all of a sudden went back to his happy thoughts while nothing seemed wrong about him.

"Well now that everything is cleared up you can have this apple here Applejack as a token of gratitude." He said giving it to her.

"W-Wow this is a rarest apple I have ever seen in my life t-thank you very much Edward." She said being excited.

"It's no big deal Applejack. Just glad that you gave me some apples for free." He said a bit happy to taste apples again.

"Hey Rainbow Dash you still in there?" He said waving his hands at her eyes.

"W-What huh yeah I'm still here. What do you want anyway?" She said still cautious to him.

"Well I can at least apologize to you for what I've said. Also though to make it up to you, I have a couple of gifts to you. One is these cool googles and the other is some kind of ticket to a show or something and I am a normal human." He said while walking away.

As Edward was going to another location while waving goodbye to Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Applejack walked up to her to see if there was anything wrong. She notices that there was some tears coming out.

"Uh Rainbow Dash are you feeling alright?" Applejack said trying to comfort her friend.

"T-T-This is a ticket to go to the Wonderbolt's flying show for a year and I've been searching for that in a long long time! H-How did this uh human Edward here get this kind of ticket in the first place?" Dash said with tears of excitement.

"Well that's good ta hear, but I'll say that ya might need to apologize too when ya need to see him." Applejack said eyebrow open.

"Oh um hee hee I guess that I got a little carried away like that to him. Maybe he isn't so bad after all, but I'm still still keeping an eye on him." Dash said wiping her tears as she continued. "Still there was something strange when he handed me the ticket like I known him before though like I'd seen him from long ago."

"Me too though since I'd seen this rare apple before. Maybe he'll come back in do time." Applejack said taking another bite.

When Edward was heading into a town called Ponyville, he still wonders how those items were in his bag the whole time and that these were helping out the three ponies for some reason. Maybe the other three items are for the other three ponies in town.

'I never seen a library like this in a tree before, strange town this is to me.' He thought shaking it off.

Before he was gonna knock on the door, it was coming open like something was opening it from the other side. He saw there was nothing, but a little dragon in front of him.

"Um h-hello there little kid." He said getting a little startled from it's eyes.

"Dude I'm not a little kid you know. I'm a kid dragon and number one assistant to Twilight Sparkle." It said giving a serious look.

"Right um sorry about. My name is Edward Frost and I'm a normal human." He said kneeling down to the dragon.

"Woooow a real life human for the first time in Equestria! My name is Spike the dragon." He said shaking Edward's hand.

"Pleased to meet you Spike. Is it alright if I come in for a little bit?" Edward said feeling a bit down.

"Sure thing Edward and you can just stay here till Twilight arrives back." Spike said feeling better to Edward.

"Wow thank you and does it bother you to see me as a human?" Edward said a bit worried.

"Nope I've seen worse than you. To me your an okay guy you know?" Spike said proudly.

Edward nodded at him as he was inside a large tree house. He was surprised that there was a whole lot of books in a tree that was neatly organised that whoever read these will get a lot of headaches of learning everything. When looking towards these books, there was some histories and a lot of magic basics for anything around me.

'Wow Spike wasn't really lying about being an assistant. I feel so sorry for him being the only one inside this tree home for him and this Twilight pony I think. I wonder what he really thinks about all of this.' Edwards thoughts were feeling crazy.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Now that Edward is now in Equestria he has already met Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash while still traveling to find a place of home. Luckily he met Spike and will wait for Twilight Sparkle to return. What will happen now when he meets the other three ponies of these three items with him.:pinkiegasp:

Find out in the next chapter!