• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 247 Views, 0 Comments

You've Got to be Foaly Kitty Me: Should Equestria Be Home? - Josh Crapo



Josh has to find a way to make it back to earth with Tail Flight and Wind Rust to preserve and restore their feline memories, possibly leaving behind all of the dreams that he's achieved in the one week he's been in Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 247

August 17, 2015 (Josh)

It's been a full week since I've been in Equestria. I've enjoyed it so much here. Now, I'm an official Wonderbolt complete with the suit, gloves and goggles. I've been living perfectly fine in my house at Ponyville. Now I can get to Twilight and her friends in no time. I've still got about a thousand bits on me from Saturday, which helps. It's amazing how far I've come in only a week. If someone told me I'd be living like this about three months ago, I'd tell them they'd be crazy.

I fly over to Tail Flight's to meet with her. As I get settled, one question of many I wrote on a blank sheet of paper last night pop up in my head. I figure I might as well ask Tail Flight when we have lunch. I put a knife on a segment of paper towel on the table.

As I put away the zap apple jam, I come back to the sandwiches I made. Peanut butter and zap apple jam. The closest combination to what I used to make at home. Hadn't had anything this close to it since I left for Equestria. Tail Flight finally comes in seeing that I made a couple of sandwiches. Somehow, it didn't give her a deja vu. It probably wasn't that likely anyway. I shrug it off. "Hey Tail Flight." Tail Flight looks at me. "Just wondering if you remember anything from this year with me prior to that senior prank."

"Well, I do remember being taken in by your mother. I didn't seem to mind being laughed at when I was having a roughhouse around the house. You guys were very overprotective of me, except for you, though you did seem to try get me off that table a lot whenever I got on there. I loved plenty of the music that you and your middle brother played. I think there was this one time where I jumped high in the air and you and your mother were baffled for a little bit. I do remember that I carried a lot of items when I was first there. I do remember going to the vet a few times too. Pretty much, that's all I remember."

Now I'm astonished. Tail Flight still remembers all that, and it was two and a half months ago and so much more. I just hope it's the same for Wind Rust.

Traveling from Baltimare to Las Pegasus was time consuming, but I handled it just fine. I competed in a race before with a full outfit on, and all that happened was that I had a slightly shorter breath. Landing on the other side of Equestria is like a short flight for me now. When getting to Wind Rust's house, Wind Rust seems to be home. "Hey Wind Rust."

"Yeah Josh."

"I'm just wondering. Do you remember anything from prior to the senior prank?"

"Hm... Back almost four years ago, was the earliest time I saw you. I'm confident that I moved into Greg's two years later. It was a lot better from what I remember over there because there weren't any other animals besides me and Iso- I mean, Sugar. But Sugar left to live at your house. I remember visiting a few months later, but Isolate- I mean, Sugar, still appeared to have something against me. Maybe it was just that she wanted some attention. For the most part afterwards, you were visiting rather consistently over the next year or so. Maybe even some house sitting once in a while."

"Wait, who's this Isolate you accidentally mentioned?"

"Isolate Mercy. She's a pony that I met during the comedy night at Jo's Bar and Doughnut. A pony with an apparently very strong digestive system. So strong so, that she told me that she once accidentally swallowed a part of her mother's cat's food."

"And what happened to her?"

"Absolutely nothing. Her system is so strong, she's able to eat a sliver of meat and it won't do any digestive damage. I know Sugar didn't really like me and all, but somehow, I see her whenever I see Isolate."

"Probably because of how nice Sugar was to me. Where does Isolate Mercy live?"

"Ponyville."

"Does she live far from me?"

"No. Although she's a bit closer to Carousel Boutique than some other ponies."


When I get home from Wind Rust's house, I decide to head to Carousel Boutique. On my way there, I look around the houses to see where this Isolate Mercy lives. "Pst." I can see the lights still on in some of the houses. "Psst!" Who's that? "Josh!" How's that voice know my name? I turn every which way to see where the noise is coming from. "Over here!"

I finally see the whispering figure, a somewhat small pegasus with a back-streak mane. I come closer to the pegasus see more of the details. All white, with lime eyes. At her normal tone she points to the room behind the main entrance. "Come on in." I enter the house which feels so much cooler than outside. "Good thing I saw you there, although looking at you now, you look oddly familiar. Do you know Lightning Rider?" Look who's talking. That pegasus looks an awful lot like Sugar, except for the hooves and wings. I shake my head. "Oh, well you look a lot like him."

"Let me guess... another pegasus." The pegasus nods. "I heard you were at comedy night on Saturday."

"Oh, yeah. I was even at the race that day. You did amazing there." I blush. "I never really got a good look at you because you had that outfit on during the race."

"I get 'you did amazing' or something like that jazz all the time. Thanks anyway."

"Yeah, during comedy night, I ran into another pegasus. I think his name was Wind Rust."

"You know Wind Rust?" The pegasus nods again. "So, you must be Isolate Mercy?" Another nod from her confirms my assumption.

"I will admit that Isolate's just fine."

My mind wanders to who Lightning Rider is. "Okay, so who's this Lightning Rider pony that I somehow resemble?"

"Very fast, just like Rainbow Dash. Except he's actually going to be a senior at the Wonderbolts Academy, nearly ready to become a Wondertbolt."

"Well, I'm a Wonderbolt now."

Isolate looks shocked now. "You are?!?"

"Oh yeah. I think that now I'm going to live here in Equestria for quite a while until I retire."

"I don't doubt it. Say, how about we visit the castle?"

"Twilight's castle? If that's so, then I'm fine with that, Isolate. Lead the way."

Isolate leads me to Twilight's castle as I thought she would, so I decide to see if Twilight's home while Isolate just looks for Spike.

"Twilight?"

"Oh hey Josh. What do you need?" Twilight appears as I open the corridor to the throne room.

"Oh nothing really. I just wanted to learn a little bit more about Isolate Mercy. She has a very striking resemblance to a cat I used to have named Sugar."

"Got you covered. Pinkie Pie's home of course so you could really get a lot of information out of her. She knows every pony in Ponyville."

"Thanks Twilight."

"No problem Josh."